Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:08 (Ref:1082204)   #26
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a Ford team.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:12 (Ref:1082206)   #27
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee thanks pete, that really narrows it down
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:12 (Ref:1082207)   #28
HSE2
Racer

HSE2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its disappointing that GTR was singled out for any sort of recrimination. I was one who said I thought the rumor was wrong and funny but it was because of one point only.

No one in his right mind is going to start something like that unless they thought it had a chance of being on the money. No one likes to look stupid on purpose.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:16 (Ref:1082210)   #29
gtrBS
Rookie

gtrBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
WELL JUST BEFORE EVERYONE GOES JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS ABOUT A MODERATOR DELETEING STUFF IN THIS THREAD I'M GONNA JUMP IN AND SAY IT WAS ME WHO EDITTED THIS THREAD

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A MODERATOR PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO THE ADMINS AND THEY WILL DEAL WITH THE SITUATION

THIS RUBBISH HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH AND ITS ABOUT TIME SOME PEOPLE GOT JUST A BIT MORE OF A LIFE
Well if your Moderators didn't lie, make up BS stories and use this Forum as their own little playroom you wouldn't have this problem! I also like the way GTR bans members who disagree with him but are well within the Forum rules. He does this in a sneaky way that doesn't show BANNED underneath their nick-so no one ever questions why the member was baned. Flagrant use of powers.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:18 (Ref:1082211)   #30
HSE2
Racer

HSE2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But why would you make something l;ike that up? That makes no sense what so ever.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:20 (Ref:1082214)   #31
Rookie

17187181 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you have a hidden agenda here mate as you seem to have multiple names just grow up will you and stop the bagging if you have a problemb sort it out but dont use this forum
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:28 (Ref:1082219)   #32
Ozfords
Racer

Australia
Blue Mountains
Ozfords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank christ Seton isn't going to Tasman.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:40 (Ref:1082227)   #33
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't this thread just get ammended?
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:42 (Ref:1082229)   #34
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Ok then lets try this shall we.

Quote:
Well if your Moderators didn't lie, make up BS stories and use this Forum as their own little playroom you wouldn't have this problem!

GTR didnt lie , its a rumor he heard AND he wasnt the only one that said he heard the rumor , why then did you instantly pick on him ???? other members said the exact same thing as he did ?

Quote:
Originally posted by gtrBS
I also like the way GTR bans members who disagree with him but are well within the Forum rules. He does this in a sneaky way that doesn't show BANNED underneath their nick-so no one ever questions why the member was baned. Flagrant use of powers.
All this shows is that you dont quite understand how ten tenths works ?

GTR nor myself or any other moderator for that matter have the power to ban anyone , this is simply done by the admin of the site and not us moderators , all the information you provided above is set by the admin of the site and NOT any moderators.

as for being well within the rules , Ummmmmmmm if someone comes on and abuses another poster whether they be a regular poster , a Moderator or an Admin then they will be dealt with in this fashion , that is how the site works and it works very well indeed.

can i direct you to THIS Link and you can read what is expected of ALL memebers of the ten tenths forums.

You can also check out the FAQ's for any further questions , but until the day comes that the abuse stops and good natured discussion on the matter takes place YOu will continue to be banned.

All of that comes directly from the Administrators of the site and I hope that helps you understand the situation a little bit more and we can move on from this (finally) and start being a little more mature on the whole thing.

CHEERS
Marcus
Old 31 Aug 2004, 06:14 (Ref:1082249)   #35
tiko
Racer

tiko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So much for Seton to Tasman
Old 31 Aug 2004, 07:06 (Ref:1082281)   #36
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought all along this was the most likely option. I've been A fan of Dick & Seto for a long time now & I'm excited to see the 2 together & it will even save me money only buying one lot of merchandise lol.
Anyways Seto is exactly the kind of driver that DJR need he is still fast & through running his own team knows how to set up a car & what the engineers need to know to make it quicker.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 07:21 (Ref:1082294)   #37
pete55
Veteran

There maybe a few new engineering staff at DJR next year also.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 07:25 (Ref:1082295)   #38
Chronicle
Racer

Chronicle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am with Mr Jucy, I am an old DJR Fan, andhave been a huge supporter of Glen Seteon. Let's hope both can pull it off next year.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 07:47 (Ref:1082315)   #39
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seton can bring the knowledge base necessary to develop the cars. How can you expect a driver like Luff to know what he's doing when teams can only test for a few days(no fault of his own)? Seton can get the show back on the road for DJR, I believe. It will be fun to watch regardless.

Steven Johnson needs to step aside or go to another team out from the under the shadow of his father. That's the only way he will develop. I've seen him drive in person and I'd say he's pretty hamfisted when it comes to racing- sloppy, weaving every which way, hiting other drivers, missing shifts, you name it. No doubt he's had a fair bit of speed from time to time, but hasn't managed to string it together. I like him as a person, but I don't think he'll ever grow unless he goes elsewhere to make it on his own.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 08:00 (Ref:1082324)   #40
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are DJR building new cars for next year???? Ones that have chassised built by DJR???
Old 31 Aug 2004, 08:48 (Ref:1082366)   #41
Rob 18
Racer

Rob 18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe5619
Are DJR building new cars for next year???? Ones that have chassised built by DJR???
Joe there will be a new DJR car for Bathurst, but unfortunately it's another Beehag
Old 31 Aug 2004, 08:58 (Ref:1082376)   #42
Joe5619
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
There maybe a few new engineering staff at DJR next year also.
From where???

And

Thanks Rob18.. Hopefully Beehag has make some good improvements from the original ones!!
Old 31 Aug 2004, 09:13 (Ref:1082388)   #43
pete55
Veteran

Apparently Beehag and Ford have been jointly looking at the Beehag shell building and hopefully improvement will be shown.
Don't know who the staff are, i heard rumour that DJR will get some new staff.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 10:17 (Ref:1082458)   #44
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
everyone should watch sports tonight tonight as DJ was on the early edition of ch 10 news tonight in Qld and did say he was looking at Steve staying if he jumps over a few hurdles and also when asked about move to Holden he did not rule it out. Quote 'I have 47 staff to think about have to look at the best deal'

Last edited by v8man; 31 Aug 2004 at 10:21.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1082460)   #45
Joe5619
Veteran

But maybe that contract Dick signed with Ford in August 2004 might be enough to keep DJR with Ford for a few more years to come (at least)... This whole DJR to Holden thing has been way over rated!!
Old 31 Aug 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1082468)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As a Glenn Seton fan for many many years, even though I have never met the guy (altho he has signed an autograph or two in the past), I am glad his 2005/6 deal is finally nailed down.

Congratulations to Mr Seton on the move to DJR for 05/06.

As for the Tasman opportunity, I too am disappointed the deal fell over. It was real, it was genuine, it was happening. They were close to a signed contract.

Some people would have you believe the sole reason Mr Seton chose DJR was because Mr Chalker read a thread on here stating that Seto was off somewhere else.... and the inducement from DJR was increased proportionately.

If that has happened, all it means is that Mr Seton gets paid more to do the same job... and I dont see a downside in that at all.

Lets not kid ourselves, you cant force someone to drive for someone if they choose somewhere else that offers better technical support, funding, history, salary, location etc etc

The information supplied to me was not incorrect at the time it was given, but ultimately the driver chose another direction instead of the one I suggested. So I was ultimately proved wrong.

I have been wrong before, I will be wrong again. As has every other poster at some point in time. C'est La Vie...

If you think I lie awake at night and cry because of it....
Old 31 Aug 2004, 10:34 (Ref:1082478)   #47
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nicely done GTR.......I too am a fan of both Seto and DJR and see this as a positive for Ford and DJR.....
Old 31 Aug 2004, 10:37 (Ref:1082481)   #48
Joe5619
Veteran

Thanks GTR.. You have no need to explain yourself to others!! I for one are greatfull for your inputs & comments on here!!
Old 31 Aug 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1082486)   #49
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
PMP GTR, good one.
Well done for coming on and finishing the argument.
Lets move on now.

I really hope Glenn's experience helps DJR, one would think so.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 10:48 (Ref:1082492)   #50
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Behaag shell is a lot different, is it any better? only time will tell