Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Sep 2004, 00:53 (Ref:1099865)   #26
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I must question Trulli's decision, if indeed it is his decision to make .... " I prefer to wait until 2005 to return," said Trulli, who only left Renault this week. "

His head seems a bit clouded after a bitter battle with Renault and Favio, so perhaps a layoff would do him some good... but I think most drivers would rather compete, despite the less than ideal circumstances. It would seem to be in Toyota's best interest also. He's certainly a talented driver but I can't help but wonder if Trulli is mentally tough enough to endure the F1 circus. We'll see.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 06:12 (Ref:1099928)   #27
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can see this either going brilliantly or terribly - there won't be anything between.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:44 (Ref:1100049)   #28
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It'll depend on how he gels with Ralf, but I'm sure Jarno will do well. He should be able to take the confidence boost of the first half of this season (and the end of last season), and put the last few races behind him.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 11:23 (Ref:1100067)   #29
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah it seems strange that Jarno doesn't want to race the rest of the season in the article I saw he said the deal he'd done with Renault allowed him to drive for another team and for Renault to use someone else so it doesn't look like a contractual thing.

Am I right in thinking the rules for next year have been agreed now?

If so then maybe he thnks he and Toyota can get a leap on some of their peers by effectively doing a testing/development regime so soon before the end of the season. It's not like Toyota don't have the financial acumen to fund such an endeavour.

Maybe Toyota don't want to ditch either Panis or Zonta, but you do have to question why not when you have a fast guy like Jarno around.

But we'll never know will we?