Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Nov 2004, 17:12 (Ref:1167193)   #26
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt Audi have either made any new R8's in the last year, nor do they have any current spec laying around, where is the Audi France car (or cars)coming from, is it the Audi UK car or the Goh car maybe?.
Hope its not the one champion where trying to sell on e.bay!

If I recal correctly, palystation and Prost have a history togeather, via his failed F1 team.

If its already been talked about sorry, but we have 3 treads now on pretty much the same story and I may have missed it

Last edited by Nordic; 29 Nov 2004 at 17:14.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 17:18 (Ref:1167196)   #27
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
I doubt Audi have either made any new R8's in the last year, nor do they have any current spec laying around, where is the Audi France car (or cars)coming from, is it the Audi UK car or the Goh car maybe?.
Hope its not the one champion where trying to sell on e.bay!

If I recal correctly, palystation and Prost have a history togeather, via his failed F1 team.

If its already been talked about sorry, but we have 3 treads now on pretty much the same story and I may have missed it
It's a former Veloqx R8 ... and Prost F1 racing team was sponsored by Sega !

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 29 Nov 2004, 17:27 (Ref:1167203)   #28
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
So far the announcements say only Le Mans, and the importance of the single race. It isn't looking good for LMES or say a nice early year jaunt over to Sebring, is it? (I would love to see that livery under a nice spring Florida sky!!!!)
Old 29 Nov 2004, 17:33 (Ref:1167210)   #29
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But what does this all mean for Pesca???

He lost Peugeot money, may lose top line drivers and now seems destined to lose Playstation money, unless Playstation backs his team too? - Its possible isn't it. Lets hope so.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 17:36 (Ref:1167215)   #30
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It isn't looking good for LMES or say a nice early year jaunt over to Sebring
Crikey, if they miss Sebring, will the ACO grant them an entry

Quote:
It's a former Veloqx R8 ... and Prost F1 racing team was sponsored by Sega
Would that be the Sam Li one or the Audi UK one, both have plenty of miles (or KM's) on the clock.

I know Sega sponsored the Williams when he or sonic the hedgehog drove it, did'nt realise they followed him to Liger
Old 29 Nov 2004, 18:02 (Ref:1167252)   #31
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Audi UK owns their R8. The second one used by Audi UK and Veloqx was leased (or on loan) from Audi if I recall correctly.

Last edited by jhansen; 29 Nov 2004 at 18:03.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 18:04 (Ref:1167255)   #32
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nordic: I know Sega sponsored the Williams when he or sonic the hedgehog drove it, did'nt realise they followed him to Liger
You were right the first time. Sega was part of the Williams campaign. Playstation came later when Prost took over Ligier.

edited just to put the "quote" marks

Last edited by Fab; 30 Nov 2004 at 05:36.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 18:11 (Ref:1167268)   #33
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't forget Audi have said they will defend their titles, including the LMES.

With the prospect of 3 R8s at Le Mans, there is still the possibility of another team running in the LMES.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 19:38 (Ref:1167328)   #34
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from DSC that 2 other partners are expected to come on board to support the project. I would go from Esso or Total and someone else.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1167396)   #35
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Crikey, if they miss Sebring, will the ACO grant them an entry
mmm...tough call. would the aco let in a french crewed, french audi into the show without it running at sebring?

ps...sorry if you were being satirical as well nordic!
Old 29 Nov 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1167541)   #36
vs346
Racer

Greenland
but I would recommend that Oreca run either the first LMES event or Sebring to get familiar with the R8. If they don't, I wont like their chances next year! Even though this is the best thing to happen since sliced bread
Old 30 Nov 2004, 05:37 (Ref:1167660)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I see from DSC that 2 other partners are expected to come on board to support the project. I would go from Esso or Total and someone else.
Maybe more chances for a french partner, Total or Elf.

Quote:
Originally posted by vs346
but I would recommend that Oreca run either the first LMES event or Sebring to get familiar with the R8. If they don't, I wont like their chances next year! Even though this is the best thing to happen since sliced bread
Confirmed this morning on Jérôme Mugnier's Virages : Oreca should enter the first LMES race (no news about the whole championship), and two or three 24 hours tests. Nothing about Sebring, though...

Last edited by Fab; 30 Nov 2004 at 05:53.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 14:51 (Ref:1168097)   #38
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would it be fair to assume that ORECA have already discussed their pending entry with the ACO? Let's face it, this entry is all about Le Mans. If the ACO denied it then the car probably wouldn't race at all in my opinion. After watching the ACO and their selection process I'd wager that this is a done deal.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1168108)   #39
vs346
Racer

Greenland
It probably is a done deal concerning the ACO, but to sort the car out, Oreca needed to have at least one race under their belts prior to June. Only good sense no? And it looks like they'll be doing the first LMES round.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 15:17 (Ref:1168111)   #40
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I don't disagree with that at all. The more races the better. And Sebring is a good test as well.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1168697)   #41
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
More news, coming from Laurent Chauveau on MotorLegend : he had the Oreca press officer on line yesterday, and he confirmed that :
- they'll enter Spa only in LMES
- they'll enter only one Audi at LM
but
if they find more financial partners, they could go further (i.e. : more LMES races, more entries at LM, but not necessary an Audi (could be a GT).

They don't intend to go to Sebring.

Last edited by Fab; 1 Dec 2004 at 08:52.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1168987)   #42
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I think the second Audi UK car was on loan from Joest . It wouldnt surprise me to see him back there again next year !!!
Old 1 Dec 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1169175)   #43
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
More news, coming from Laurent Chauveau on MotorLegend : he had the Oreca press officer on line yesterday, and he confirmed that :
- they'll enter Spa only in LMES
- they'll enter only one Audi at LM
but
if they find more financial partners, they could go further (i.e. : more LMES races, more entries at LM, but not necessary an Audi (could be a GT).

They don't intend to go to Sebring.
If thats the case then there must be another R8 that will enter the LMES if, as Audi said, they will defend their titles.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 00:26 (Ref:1169462)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What that infers many things. Many good things

As for the Autosport photoshop department, well they have had a go at an Oreca R8 in this weeks edition!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 10:28 (Ref:1172139)   #45
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sarrazin, Minassian and Collard are the ones likely to drive de Audi according to ItaliaRacing
http://www.italiaracing.net/news_LE%...ws.asp?id=3474
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:51 (Ref:1172413)   #46
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrio
Sarrazin, Minassian and Collard are the ones likely to drive de Audi according to ItaliaRacing
http://www.italiaracing.net/news_LE%...ws.asp?id=3474
Minassian and Collard are mentioned on the french forums, sometimes with Sarrazin, but I didn't read any confirmation from a reliable source. How is Italian Racing, usualy ? Reliable ? Tempted by gossips ?

Last edited by Fab; 7 Dec 2004 at 17:32.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1172492)   #47
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Minassian is a definate no no, hes contracted to Creation Autosportif. Fortunatly.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1172506)   #48
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Minassian is a definate no no, hes contracted to Creation Autosportif. Fortunatly.
It's very good news for Creation ; I was concerned to see him go for a one way to Audi...
Old 6 Dec 2004, 16:04 (Ref:1172514)   #49
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont know 100% certain though Fab if Minassian is contracted to Creation for 2005, but I beleive he is. Still even if he is, if Oreca/Audi offered Creation a nice settlement package Im sure Creation might let him go, I hope this isnt the scenario though...
Old 7 Dec 2004, 07:10 (Ref:1173098)   #50
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Minassian and Collard are mentioned on the french forums, sometimes with Sarrazin, but I didn't read any confirmation from a reliable source. How is Italian Racing, usualy ? Reliable ? Tempted by gosspis ?
It is not bad and sometimes surprisingly informed