Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Jan 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1201039)   #26
RoyG
Racer

RoyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas
Still hope this is just a 'silly season' story...
The press release I posted came from David Hobbs, who as well as being Chairman of MDA is Technical Official for BRDA. I think this is for real!!
Old 14 Jan 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1201079)   #27
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hold on to your horse is dave hobbs reinstated himself as chairman i thought he had moved on in fact he told me he had over a row with a restrictor in a junior minicross !!!
just make sure the facts are true
Old 14 Jan 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1201224)   #28
RoyG
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
hold on to your horse is dave hobbs reinstated himself as chairman i thought he had moved on in fact he told me he had over a row with a restrictor in a junior minicross !!!
just make sure the facts are true
Bucko -

According to the MDA website David's the chairman! Whatever, he's pretty closely involved with both MDA & BRDA.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1201250)   #29
RoyG
Racer

Just received this Email from David Hobbs -

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi Roy feel free to post this if you wish

Regards

David & Sue and all at the MDA

Seen your comments on ten-tenths. Yes I am still
MDA Chairman as before but nothing to do with BRDA.
It was the attitude of the BRDA and non-enforcement
of their own regulations that left me feeling that
I could not support the BRDA any longer.

The BRDA did not have the decency to discuss
any changes they were planning with Minicross
drivers reps. It was only by a chance comment in
an e-mail from Tim Whittington that I knew of the
changes. Would they have kept on taking membership
fees from drivers building or buying cars
to run in the BRC/BRDA and then announced
that they were relegated to the BTRDA?

I'm sure anyone with sponsors will be very
impressed.

The MDA aim is to get back to Clubman
basics and put a fun element back into
Rallycross and provide an alternative
Clubmans Championship outside the control
of the BRDA. Remember that the BTRDA
Championship is run by the BRDA.

We are actively planning and will have
dates available very shortly

If you want to put fun back into your
Rallycross, come and join us.

I can be contacted on mini_cross@hotmail.com
Old 14 Jan 2005, 23:54 (Ref:1201289)   #30
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

cheers Dave for your e-mail , glad your back, the past few years after the change ??? i saw that minicross had lost its social side , this might not mean much to people but it is where i met a lot of good mates phil collard , john mercer , the waklings, matt roach,the hobb's the racing in fact came in a strange way secondary . the mda used hold its own , with an excellant club night , navigation rallys the meal at volkenswag etc , hey! even my mum enjoyed it , if under the leadership of dave hobbs gets it back onto track the way it was GREAT FUN , and superb sportsmanship the mda will become a superb club , keep your individaulaty M,D,A have the freedom to do what you want to do , when you want , i can assure you it will be a superb club i know i was there and done it so have many others cut there roots racing with the mda . so those that worry about the brda dropping you , keep in with btrda i bet it wont be long before your back , at least you will get all your heats and finals . dont think you been written off start a fresh and goodluck
ps any room for a nova !!!
Old 15 Jan 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1201645)   #31
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok this is what i was told at the show on friday.
Apparently the Minicross has not been droped.....
Last year BRC championship was run only for the supercars and modified class.
The BRDA run its own its own championship for all classes last year.
This year there will be no BRDA Championship so the Stockhatch and Juinor class has been raised to the BRC Championship.........But not the Minicross.
They will race in the BTRDA Championship.
Also the the fliers being handed out at the show have no mention atall of Minicross.
So Minicross has not "raised"!
Raised, Droped, whatever, still seems wrong to me.
Old 15 Jan 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1201761)   #32
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had an interesting conversation at the Autosport stand... The upshot is that the new BRDA commercial management have told them to get rid of old machinery if they want decent media coverage. Stockhatch stays for this year because it pays the bills but in the long run they don't see a future for budget formulas in the 'premier' British championship.

Err... isn't this just the sort of thing BRSCC tried about a decade ago, driving the clubmen from the main series and almost destroying the sport! I thought the BRDA were there to represent ALL rallycross drivers not just those with budgets of £40k+ per year!

Can't see that this commercial logic makes sense. If BRDA do secure media rights, coverage will focus on supercars / modifieds anyway - whether stock hatch or minicross run as support is largely irrelevant to the media.

Last edited by leonidas; 15 Jan 2005 at 21:42.
Old 15 Jan 2005, 23:08 (Ref:1201847)   #33
RoyG
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas
The upshot is that the new BRDA commercial management have told them to get rid of old machinery if they want decent media coverage.
In which case, why don't BRDA & RSS join forces and flush Minicross & Stock Hatch down the pan?

Sounds like it could be only MDA who will be providing a viable series before long!!

Quote:
Err... isn't this just the sort of thing BRSCC tried about a decade ago, driving the clubmen from the main series and almost destroying the sport!
And also turned the British Rally Championship into a pale shadow of what it used to be.

Seriously though, what is more important - a popular, well-subscribed, viable, competitive series or a small, select bunch of over expensive, shiny new cars that may - just may! - get a bit of belated, small-hours, badly commentated TV coverage?

For f*ck sake it's the B.R.DRIVERS.A, not the B.R.RICH-POSERS.A.

Go to the AGM & tell them what you think!
Old 16 Jan 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1202139)   #34
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I asked my questions and I'm udecided about the answers I got.
The jist of it as I see it is the organisers want a top flight BRC, Supercars, Modifieds & newer Stockhatches & everyone else into the clubmans rounds
OK we new it was coming but it is far too soon, what I can see is some low entrys at BRC events and a clubmans series with good entrys good races & a great atmosphere.
Its the BTRDA championship for me, if the entry fee's for the BRC rounds are what I hear they are going to be I don't think I could afford to do any anyway