Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Feb 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1223734)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On topic - I see Max and Paul Stoddard are now in public discussion about the legality or otherwise of Minardi's adapted 2004 car for Melbourne.

Clearly this is more politicking in order to get the whole commercial deal signed, sealed and delivered before the season starts.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 12 Feb 2005 at 15:10. Reason: Sorry KB... Had to edit out a portion of your post. You did nothing wrong. - Inigo
Old 12 Feb 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1223848)   #27
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I come to this conversation with zero F1 history knowledge, so with that stateed, I have a question.

GPWC is a series which was never REALLY a viable option, however the teams used it quite cleverly to scare max into realising that he needs to make f1 more enticing for the team, or another series may swoop in? Is that True?

Secondly, I am not one to listen to idle gossip, so RWC, please, without attacking me, can you EDUCATE me about "1994" and the deal which Max and Bernie came to in order to "Screw over" the teams. And please Wrex, Kicking-Back, etc, I am asking this in good faith hoping that he can provide some fact; feel free to debate his posts. I really would like to start understanding f1 political history (anyone recomend a site?).
Old 13 Feb 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1224246)   #28
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi seticX

sadly there is little online regarding those years,being before the internet became popular and all

Probably the best (and excellent i'm told) current source of info is one of the books written on this kind of subject.I think pitpass mentions at least one of them
i'll try to remember to find out more and get back
Old 13 Feb 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1224274)   #29
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I live in Brisbane Australia, would dearly love some f1 related books on aero/ history/ politics, would be good if i didnt have to order books in, but will. Anyideas anyone, and thankyou RWC.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 12:37 (Ref:1224286)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Books? Try The Piranha Club: Power and Influence in Formula One by Timothy Collings. That is a good starting point.

Most comprehensive books on F1 do cover it, but perhaps not in a specific chapter. Sid Watkins' books give quite a good behind the scene's look too, but it isn't really political. Just good!

On Bernie there are a couple of books: Bernie: Biography of Bernie Ecclestone by Susie Watkins and Bernie's Game: The Rise of Bernie Ecclestone and Formula One
by Terry Lovell.

Last edited by Adam43; 13 Feb 2005 at 12:37.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1224294)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
It has to be said though, come renegotion time, it is not unfair for the teams to expect Bernie to redsitribute notably more income....
Well we are in renegotiation time for the new 2008 Concorde agreement. That is what all this (Bernie, new rules, TV money, GPWC, etc...) is all about at the moment!

So come 2008, no-one will have an excuse about what is a fair deal or not. Although that has happened before, everyone is happy, but as the old contract ends the circumstances have changed and they look towards the next one.

However I feel the situation is fair, no one has dramatically shafted another, they are all just finding the right balance for the next contract. The manufacturers obviously weren't that unhappy about the current agreement because they wanted to stay in it until the end (2008) and then look at making the next one better for them. The teams might have been tied in to it, but not the manufacturers. OK maybe they wanted to go with certain teams, but if it was that bad they would have found a way.

They all want to be in F1, they all want F1 to succeed - that is best for everyone. They all know this which is why none of them have been completely evil to the others.

Last edited by Adam43; 13 Feb 2005 at 12:47.