Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 18 May 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1303949)   #26
RushyRacer
Racer

RushyRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark,
Your Fiesta is not too new for TINTOPS run by the CSCC, check out the details on www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk or come and try it for £95 at Mallory on the 26th June for 60 mins track time !!
Old 19 May 2005, 07:57 (Ref:1304334)   #27
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Louth.Thats the one near Cadwell
COLIN STUBBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YES DENIS JUST GOT TO SWOP RACES AT OULTON AND WE WILL SEE YOU ON 4thJUNE.RECEIVED TOYO DECALS TODAY. COLIN 07900335724
Old 19 May 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1304346)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to our friendly forum Colin. But please......................... STOP SHOUTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *aham*.
Old 19 May 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1304426)   #29
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
sorry Pete. Moods getting better as the weeks going on. Didnt mean to be shouting but even the quietest of us get driven to distraction occasionally!
Old 19 May 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1304923)   #30
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Denis,

Can I run my Astra in Toyo's when I get the diff fixed?

Rob.
(still got a dissolving Nova for sale)
Old 19 May 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1304951)   #31
Craig NOVA
Rookie

Craig NOVA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Hey Denis,

Can I run my Astra in Toyo's when I get the diff fixed?

Rob.
(still got a dissolving Nova for sale)

What is the Nova for sale bit?? - I run in stock hatch and am always on the look out for spares!
Old 20 May 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1305127)   #32
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob

Do you mean that daft V8 Belmont thing or a proper one?
Old 20 May 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1305669)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect he means the "daft Belmont thing". But I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig NOVA
What is the Nova for sale bit?? - I run in stock hatch and am always on the look out for spares!
Try using the PM route.
Old 20 May 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1305713)   #34
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig, it ain't stock! It's a mod-prod/super-road spec. You could run it in Hot Hatches.

And yes Denis, "The Belmont". It's not daft. It's luverly!
Old 20 May 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1305717)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
r 59. Enjoy matey
Old 21 May 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1305967)   #36
Craig NOVA
Rookie

Craig NOVA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Craig, it ain't stock! It's a mod-prod/super-road spec. You could run it in Hot Hatches.
Ok thanks for info.
Old 23 May 2005, 06:19 (Ref:1307718)   #37
graham blackwell
Rookie

graham blackwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What would my XR2 be eligible for, should I eventually get bored with hillclimbs and sprints (Sports Libre)?

2.0 16V Zetec with 5 speed Quaife SCCR box and LSD
Old 23 May 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1308125)   #38
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graham, you'd fit into the BRSCC Ford Saloons class B, although you'll have some serious competition from Tim Watson in his Mk2 Fiesta Zetec!
Old 23 May 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1308138)   #39
goforit500
Veteran

goforit500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not when we're chatting behind the tyre wall & lookin at our beached cars like yesterday ......

Definately oil down, we concluded gloomily !!
Old 23 May 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1308157)   #40
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear that, much damage done Brian? Sadly I couldn't join in yesterday as still out of action with engine woes.
Old 23 May 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1308181)   #41
goforit500
Veteran

goforit500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Damage except to the ego, bumper and a rad, Dom !!

Damn embarassing tho as I went off in the exact same place in the exact same way in practice.......Just trying too hard as the donkey was way down on power....Win some, lose some !!

And thanks once again to the chaps in orange - Very nice as usual !! As one of 'em commented, "Didn't we have you this morning ?? "
Old 23 May 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1308305)   #42
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLIN STUBBS
sorry Pete. Moods getting better as the weeks going on. Didnt mean to be shouting but even the quietest of us get driven to distraction occasionally!
Glad to hear you've cheered up Colin, I came back from a months hols to all this and no-ones happy.

I know the confusion came about because while the 216 came out prior to 90, the 3dr didn't, but regardless I have to say there still are a lot of people making a lot of calls to try and sort something sensible out and have a conversation with you about it - From a waiver for a 3dr shell, to turning a blind eye, to discussing moving the dates of CT!

People are more on your side than you may realise.

Anyway, I blame Nigel. ;-)

Stacy
Old 24 May 2005, 09:36 (Ref:1308760)   #43
graham blackwell
Rookie

graham blackwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Graham, you'd fit into the BRSCC Ford Saloons class B, although you'll have some serious competition from Tim Watson in his Mk2 Fiesta Zetec!
Thanks Dom. I wondered what had happened to Tim, not heard of him for quite a while now.
Old 24 May 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1308771)   #44
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
My Mk1 didn't look like that. It had air conditioned inner wings (moth holes!)

I've had many a good race with Tim. Bl**dy good bloke!

What's happened to the Mondeo?

Rob.
Old 24 May 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1308780)   #45
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's still got the Mondeo as far as I know, but I think because of the cost issues he doesn't bring it out very often.
Old 24 May 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1308787)   #46
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks Stacey guess we should have been a bit more watchfull of the dates! Never mind. We have re logoed it and will be running a different series. Dont worry about making calls to allow us in though,weve moved on.I spent a whole weekend removing the roll cage to fit those damn interior side trims and now there out I dont wanna go there again! Cheers
Old 2 Jun 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1317732)   #47
spnixon
Racer

spnixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLIN STUBBS
AND YOU DONT MIND THE OCCASIONAL TWANG AS YOU LOOSE A N/S FRONT CORNER WHILST BEING LAPPED BY THE ODD CAR THATS CONTROLING ITS DRIVER!!
Just out of interest, what was the full story here? I heard a Cortina GT got whacked while being lapped and my Golf was also hit at Brands - while being lapped. I doubt I'll be doing any more CT this year because of that incident, I can't afford to repair panel damage after every meeting just because the quicker cars can't make enough room for themselves to get past safely.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1317794)   #48
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
all a bit of a mix up really but i asked the club if a 216gti was eligable for class f knowing that my car,and a few others were supplied to teams for the 216gti cup during 1989 but the 3 door wasnt available to joe public till march 90.got informed i wasnt eligable,moved to class b and told my car wasnt in the "spirit of things" 10 mins before the race! so things didnt go very well in the race and i managed a couple of rotations...got thwacked by a yellow bmws back end while i had two wheels over the kerb giving him bags of room.he had the decency to appologise though so its not so bad.speed differentials are a worry though in ct. im racing with the toyos this sat.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1317795)   #49
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spnixon
Just out of interest, what was the full story here?
Indeed, and for both of you did you fill out a driving standards form? We can't police things if they're not brought to our attention. Would be interested in the detail even if it has to be off the record - at least then we can keep an eye on things and act if they happen again.

Cheers

Stacy
Old 2 Jun 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1317932)   #50
spnixon
Racer

spnixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was almost on my way to the CoC when the driver of the other car (albeit prompted) came across and offered his unreserved apologies so I decided to take it no further. It was only a few days later that I heard a rumour that another car (not Colin's 216) had been hit in similar circumstances by the same driver. If Colin had also been a victim of the SAME driver then that would have definitely justified a driving standards form but he wasn't.

I think we're both victims of running lower powered cars in a grid full of slick shod lightweight supercars, the speed differential is just too great. These days I rarely get lapped in G1 so its not an issue there.

It s a pity 'cos I'm a current CT class leader! But then that was only because everyone else broke down at Thruxton, I was using the excuse that Hugh's runaway victory over me at Brands was due to his slicks until I noticed he went even quicker again on his Formula Rs in the G1 race...