Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1255930)   #26
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The article is based on an interview from an "insider" so im sure it isnt the whole truth and sentences have been added to spice it up....

It isnt the first time a driver has put another out of the race and certainly isnt the last...so all i can say is a mountain is being made out of a molehill....
Old 19 Mar 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1255973)   #27
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt if it happened as described or maybe even at all. If it did, then surely it was just a bit of craic.

Drivers voting on who should apologise to who?.......yeah, right.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 13:27 (Ref:1255978)   #28
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm amazed it they managed to discuss the matter for 30 minutes. i mean after "we think you should say sorry", and "well i don't think i should but oh ok"...what took up the other 29 minutes 30 seconds...maybe they do discuss Jarno Trullis hair after all?

Last edited by kdr; 19 Mar 2005 at 13:28.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1256028)   #29
Canberra>karter
Rookie

Canberra>karter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Hhhaha..i don't know to laugh or cry.

A sad bunch of drivers to be squabbling over such a small incident.

Honestly, like what i've mentioned in earlier posts, Michael is in majority blame, but Nick wasnt faultless. But on the whole, it is such a small racing incident that no one would have noticed if it is between a Minardi and a Jordan.

But Michael's involved...hmmm..that adds a whole new light to it.

If this is the way drivers want to judge moves, i hope they have the integrity to do it for subsequent crashes involving other drivers as well.

i think what is funny is that both Michael and Nick have forgotten about the incident and moved on, only for some smart boy bring it up again.

If it's from a clear sporting view, i have no problem with it.

But frankly, i have a feeling that Michael would call it a day soon. No matter how much passion a man has for racing, the political BS that is hurting F1 is going to take it's toll.
This thread's funny, everyone is bagging the drivers out calling them girly girls for discussing an issue for just 30 minutes, but if remember correctly this very issue was discussed for days on this very forum

I do agree that it was probably some humour from the drivers and MS apology was in jest
Old 19 Mar 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1256049)   #30
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Rather odd one this I found over at F1-Live.com

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...18182245.shtml

It seems as though all the F1 drivers had a vote wether if Michael should apologise to Nick for the Melbourne crash, they voted 19:1, and Michael was forced to make an apology, bizarre!
Very strange article.

If it is true, it means that:
- All 20 drivers got together to talk about this.
- Only the 18 drivers who were *not* involved were allowed to talk.
- After that, all 20 drivers did vote on the incident.

I think that would be a *very* strange way to settle this ....
Old 19 Mar 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1256050)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Michael should have apologised two weeks ago really. But he didn't and now we end up with commitee meetings over whether someone should apologise. How very "primary school".
Old 19 Mar 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1256124)   #32
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just saw mark webber's, jv's and dc's comments on this, and obviously there was a discussion but no vote. mark said something like: "we didn't do a vote, we're not that clever..."
Old 19 Mar 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1256156)   #33
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe F1 drivers should settle their differences similar way of the hockey players

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 20 Mar 2005, 01:19 (Ref:1256408)   #34
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to grandprix.com (http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14440.html):
Quote:
The discussions were felt to be necessary because the drivers have a gentleman's agreement about not moving over on one another in the braking zone in order to avoid unnecessary incidents. Michael was eventually convinced that he had broken the deal and he apologised to his fellow drivers.
All sounds very mature Interesting.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 05:27 (Ref:1256474)   #35
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has this been confirmed?

Who was the "insider" that leaked this to the press? I would have thought the drivers would have done it behind closed doors, if they did do it, with nobody else involved, and they would have resolved not to talk about it.

Presumably it must have been done after Thursday, because IIRC Kimi and JV were asked about their thoughts on the incident and Kimi basically said "I don't know because I haven't seen it" and JV said "I noticed it on the super-screen as I was driving past, but I had other things to worry about, so I don't know either".
Old 20 Mar 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1256533)   #36
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi
Uhm, sorry, but this is a bunch of BS. Both drivers said it was time to move on Thursday. And now the others bring this up in some kind of meeting? Don't they have better things to do? Or will they make a vote on Trulli's hairdoe next GP and make him cut his hair if it shows below his helmet?

There used to be a time when the drivers actually had some kind of aura around them. That all the more faded with this ridiculous vote.
Agreed, Both drivers have said it was passed it was a racing incident they just saw it from diffrent perspectives which will always happen.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1257068)   #37
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does an apology mean anything though if there is no sentiment behind it?
Old 20 Mar 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1257110)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Does an apology mean anything though if there is no sentiment behind it?
After discussing it with all the drivers then maybe he did mean it? Better than refusing to lsiten to someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellof
just saw mark webber's, jv's and dc's comments on this, and obviously there was a discussion but no vote. mark said something like: "we didn't do a vote, we're not that clever..."
Yes, the first report made it sound far more weak than it probably was, so I was being a little harsh earlier.

They got together and discussed it. Heidfeld persuaded them all that he was in the right. Michael agreed eventually. Fair enough, perhaps these driver's meeting are alright.

And they came to the right decision IMHO.

Last edited by Adam43; 20 Mar 2005 at 17:25.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1257185)   #39
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Next up: Fisi vs Webber

Who you'd put money on winning the fight for the votes?
Old 20 Mar 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1257252)   #40
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Next up: Fisi vs Webber

Who you'd put money on winning the fight for the votes?

Mmmm. It's a pity TGF wasn't somewhere in the vicinity when Webber was getting tangled up, then we'd have been able to blame him for that too!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1257264)   #41
Marlboro man
Rookie

Marlboro man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know what kind of agreements the drivers have regarding overtaking. But I don't kwow what MS did wrong. He defends his position but he leaves enough space for Heidfeld.

Heidi is apperently afraid and makes a stupid move during braking which forced him to go on the grass.

You can blame MS for making a sudden move, but you can't hold him responsable for the accident. In my opion, it was racing accident.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1257266)   #42
Marlboro man
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CJ
Maybe F1 drivers should settle their differences similar way of the hockey players

Schumi tried that once in Belgium.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1257282)   #43
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol so rubbens must have voted agasint mikey !!!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1257294)   #44
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlboro man
I don't know what kind of agreements the drivers have regarding overtaking. But I don't kwow what MS did wrong. He defends his position but he leaves enough space for Heidfeld.

Heidi is apperently afraid and makes a stupid move during braking which forced him to go on the grass.

You can blame MS for making a sudden move, but you can't hold him responsable for the accident. In my opion, it was racing accident.
Don't think you've been smoking Marlboros if that's what you saw!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1257401)   #45
Marlboro man
Rookie

You believe MS didn't leave enough room?

I can post a short movie of the crash to prove it, if you want.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1257404)   #46
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
we all saw it, just each of us have diffrent opinons of what happened.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1257437)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You believe MS didn't leave enough room?
I don't think anyone is disputing that technically there was space for a Williams - the lateness of the move made it difficult to thread into that gap though.

I'm afraid there are some on this forum who agree with the 95% of F1 drivers. Actually 100%, seeing as Michael apologised!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1257445)   #48
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't know what kind of agreements the drivers have regarding overtaking.
From http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14440.html:

"the drivers have a gentleman's agreement about not moving over on one another in the braking zone in order to avoid unnecessary incidents"
Old 20 Mar 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1257489)   #49
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
As a learned judge once remarked, a gentlemen's agreement will never work unless all the parties to it are gentlemen...

In any case this particular incident is surely old news now - there's been another Grand Prix and some more controversial collisions!

PS @Testure: Middle Earth is an excellent place for a mole to be based. We pop up all over the place!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 23:16 (Ref:1257531)   #50
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CJ

I bet Nelson Piquet could still slap some of these whipper snappers about with his kung-fu.