Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Jul 2005, 23:48 (Ref:1345080)   #26
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned pony
Back in the 70s people reckoned Bob Jane was mad for running power steering on his Camaro. The stopped laughing when he kicked their butts and now no self-respecting V8 Supercar driver would run without it!

Back then Bob needed the power steering, cause if he sat on the Melbourne A-K to reach the steering wheel, his feet couldn't touch the pedals.

These days people reckon he is Mad, cause he has the goolies to take it up to the establishment,
They might stop laughing, if the legal case cranks up again, and he is sucessful.

I wonder if in 20 odd years if no self-respecting motorsport promoter would associate with CAMS.

Once a trendsetter, always a trendsetter, I always say........

Old 2 Jul 2005, 01:16 (Ref:1345102)   #27
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
isnt Paul morris running air con this year ???

how is that going for him ?
Old 2 Jul 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1345344)   #28
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After having had a look at the Betta Electrical 888 car yesterday where the said ducts were blanked off at what is arguably the round where the hottest cabin temperatures would be experienced, maybe someone is barking or at, least cocking their leg on the wrong tree.
Old 2 Jul 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1345485)   #29
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't remember exactly where I saw it, but the vents are basically a NACA duct in the roof at the same general position as the WRC vents.

/ have a look at the pics from Hidden Valley, I haven't seen a close up but you can see the vents. They are reasonably inconspicuous.

Hidden Valley photos
Old 2 Jul 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1345497)   #30
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i heard that the Panoz ALMS car ran roof vents it gassed the drivers because it was sucking fumes up through the car...
Old 4 Jul 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1346730)   #31
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are these air intakes mandatory ?
In the name of cost cutting ! NOT
Why not just approve the design, and let the teams decide if it's required.
I have an idea !
Everyone has to run a red dot on the bonnet.. sure nobody would want to miss out on this one !
Old 4 Jul 2005, 14:37 (Ref:1346914)   #32
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching race 2 on Bigpond yesterday it was interesting to see just how much stress the cars are under. They had a shot in Skaiffe's car from the back of the cabin which showed the air vent fitted to the left rear window. At high speed the hose attached to the vent would fill with air and straighten and you could see the door distort and pull away from the chasis. Large gaps were visible around the top of the door. Through slower sections the door would resume it's normal shape. It had me thinking that the roof vents must produce a measurable increase in drag and corresponding decrease in aerodynamic efficiency over the roof.