Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was the driver of the race: Hungary 2005?
Kimi Räikkönen 24 37.50%
Michael Schumacher 9 14.06%
Ralf Schumacher 10 15.63%
Jarno Trulli 2 3.13%
Nick Heidfeld 1 1.56%
Mark Webber 9 14.06%
Juan Pablo Montoya 9 14.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Aug 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1368833)   #26
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya drove extremely well to what could have well been a well deserving victory. Kimi, who can stop this fast Finn?

Then next best would be Nick and Ralf. Both drove exceptionally well.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1368861)   #27
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A fine drive by Ralf in my opinion. He's my driver of the race. Plus he was the guy Alonso hit, so kudos to him for being there for FA to break his front wing against!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1368868)   #28
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You don't much like Alonso, do you, Jordi?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1368883)   #29
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ralf-driver of the race... consistant speed and performance...
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1368887)   #30
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gosh, haven't seen the name Button mentioned atall. How quickly things change ... For me, driver of the day is someone who lifts a car above its obvious potential. This time: 1. MSchu - tyres were gone by half distance. Hung on really well. 2. Ralf - made most of three-stop strategy. 3. Webbo - got a dud car from well back up to seventh, passed several cars on merit with blistering laps during pit stop period(s).
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1368894)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Where's the poll?
The poll has been added.

I think I've got everyone mentioned, but if I've missed someone or you want someone added then just say.

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Aug 2005 at 10:00. Reason: d'oh.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1368910)   #32
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i give it to the top 3 . equally
KR-MS-RS

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Aug 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1368919)   #33
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I posted yesterday (but then there was no poll here) I would like to give 1/3 of my vote to each of the podium drivers. However, I voted for Raikkonen cause he also was superb in qualifying, even though he had to start first. Still, it was a great race for the Schumacher bros too. Congrats to all three of them
Old 1 Aug 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1369049)   #34
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS, great qualli and great driving with knackered tyres and for keeping Kimi very close behind him for, so many laps and not making any silly mistakes.

Ralf drove well as did Kimi, but MS got my vote, (for sheer effort and not for any other reason).
Old 1 Aug 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1369093)   #35
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikkonen: First out in qualifying and first past the chequered flag.
Never thought I see it done at Hungary.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1369102)   #36
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
KR. Superb drive. No errors.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1369149)   #37
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Klien had a flippin' good race.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1369172)   #38
LampCord
Racer

LampCord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went with Ralphie. Although Kimi ran a great race, I think RS was the driver that most overachieved. As he pointed out in the post race interview, Toyota had been given a lot of grief about qualifying well and not holding up in the race.

This time they held up and were quite competitive. To me, a Toyota finishing on the podium is more impressive than a McLaren which is clearly the fastest car out there finishing in first where it belongs.

Also, I would give JPM the strategy of the race. It was clear that his two stopper was going to win easily untill he had mechanical trouble.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1369271)   #39
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi
Old 1 Aug 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1369351)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JPM for me. Had the race bought and paid for until the car broke.

Although I must say, the quality of drives throughout the field was supreme really. Barring the Renault folk!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1369394)   #41
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It pains me so, but I think TGF should get the nod. He destroyed his teammate and even gave the far superior Macs something to worry about for about half the race.

Both Mac drivers put in great runs, to be sure... but they were going to finish 1-2 in cars that clearly should've finished 1-2. Ralf did pull out a stunner to get the Toyota on the podium, but he wasn't too far up the road from Trulli, who had his diffuser 'modified' for him on Lap 1 T1, and as a result had no rear tires left towards the end.

Jenson had a nondescript race and Sato was too hot to follow his m.o. and jog back to the paddock from the outer reaches of the circuit, so he went slow enough to ensure he didn't throw it at the scenery or another car.

The Williamses scored by virtue of being alive and breathing at the end, no case for either of those drivers, really. Some people are touting Webbo and Heidy for there run up through the field, but really, what field? No Alonso, Fisi was too busy looking for worms at T4, the Red Bulls tried to prove they had wings, the Jordans and Minardis would'nt have scored points in the GP2 race, and both Saubers lunched themselves to varying degrees of success... so to big up the Williams drivers for beating that motley crue is pretty short-sighted, methinks.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1369399)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, but credit to them for staying out of trouble anyhow.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1369495)   #43
Miranda
Rookie

Netherlands
Zoetermeer - the Netherlands
Miranda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say Kimi. He's just a great driver! A great drive again... I think that he deserves it to be the champion this year. He loses it only to Alonso for the bad luck he has had. But well Alonso is an excellent driver too... just wasn't his weekend I assume.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1369500)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So Fernando had that bad luck then?

Agreed. Bothy outstanding and for the past two years Kimi has been the best of the "rest" discounting the champion. Maybe its because of the configuration of the cars, but I'm of the opinion that only consistency will win championships these days. A few glitches may give hope but for me Alonso is champ. *sorry*.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1369510)   #45
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd have to say a toyota driver, and even though ralf had a very good race i thought trulli drove really well with a damaged diffuser, especially as he wasn't too far behind ralf at the finish.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1369593)   #46
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I went for Ralf. Very quick, very tidy (and his tailing of Schumacher #1 for the final laps was a perfect demonstration of what's wrong with F1 cars and the Hungaroring), and I'm really pleased that he finally got a podium with Toyota.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 1 Aug 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1369657)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, but even if you could overtake as easily as inhaling oxygen, Ralf wouldn't have.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1369754)   #48
Tf105
Rookie

Barbados
Tf105 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf... all the way... and Trulli for bringing home his slightly damage toyota right behind Ralf
Old 2 Aug 2005, 00:38 (Ref:1369758)   #49
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Maybe its because of the configuration of the cars, but I'm of the opinion that only consistency will win championships these days. A few glitches may give hope but for me Alonso is champ. *sorry*.
I agree. It takes consistency on both parts: the car and the driver. There are a few drivers who have this kind of consistency: MS, KR, FA and maybe JB and JT. I think KR is better than the rest (incl. MS - as he is now), but these would have a chance fighting for titles the next few years. However, one also needs a consistent car not something like this year's McLaren. In fact he needs the exact opposite of this year's McLaren. He will need a very reliable car. Speed is great, but consistency is the key. It's better being the second car in terms of speed, than being the first but losing points because you have to retire once in every two gps. And this year's championship is here to prove it.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1370112)   #50
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Yes, but even if you could overtake as easily as inhaling oxygen, Ralf wouldn't have.
I'm not going to rise to that one.

(except to say that, had he been able to get close enough, he would have had a go. Big brother would probably have had him off the road though)
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'