Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Mar 2007, 23:11 (Ref:1874830)   #26
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosport Fan
I wonder where Tom Weickhardt is hiding right now?? I know he had that deal with Konrad go astray last year, make soyu kind of wonder if he had the money to buy those ACEMCO cars and do it on his own? I mean, the Viper was past its sell-by-date against the 'Vettes, but surely he could of put together something to run the Saleens.

Even Tracy Krohn with his Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT's- why not send them back to Reiter and have them "rejunvinated"? Surely it could be done, even if Krohn sold them off to someone else to do......

I am very surprised and disappointed the way GT1 is, and I know there's many out there sick and tired of hearing of the whining on these forums, but I couldn't resist this thread as there are cars in the US that can do it, just a matter of the right team with the funding and the initiative to tackle the Corvette squad.
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the ACEMCO cars, to buy and run, are a little out of Tom's budget right now, or out of his budget:interest ratio. I suspect the deal he put together with Franz cost a good deal less than running a 2 car team of his own.

Not sure whether Tracy even owns the Lambos anymore, gonna guess not. Those cars are OLD too, not sure if it's even possible to get them up to 2007 spec, or whether 2007 spec is really competitive under ACO rules. The 2007 chassis is a big step up on the 2006 cars, which were already a huge leap forward.

There's absolutely zero way to compete with Corvette with a gentleman driver on the squad. Therefore the team needs to have substantial corporate backing to be able to employ 2 pros, let alone come close to turning a profit.