Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood
It's not Kimi, it's Mika!
DOH! Must get my eyes checked!!
Old 21 Jul 2007, 13:54 (Ref:1969098)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug911
DOH! Must get my eyes checked!!
Well they're all finnish...
Old 21 Jul 2007, 13:56 (Ref:1969102)   #28
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have tatoos too!!
Old 21 Jul 2007, 13:58 (Ref:1969106)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The similarities are endless.

Although in fairness, with youtube quality, Mika may well have been just a giant pink blob!
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1969108)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... well... LH, FA and Mika... they are all ugly after all !!!
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:08 (Ref:1969120)   #31
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent. Just saw it for the first in the ad break for Practice. The laughter and fall looked for real. The Mika twist at the end was classic
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:12 (Ref:1969123)   #32
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
The laughters are real and they indeed had a lot of fun. Go here: http://www.mercedes-benz.tv for the making-of. (clip's better quality than on youtube is a bonus)
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:19 (Ref:1969129)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

How could it not be fun ? They're making money !
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:22 (Ref:1969132)   #34
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
I'll give you a hint! Making money in a comercial in which that lovely blonde doesn't have a part? That'll be just... chores..
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1969137)   #35
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Except, apparently, Lewis' contract prevents him making money on PR things such as this (that is, sponsors et al have free reign on his services).

If you believe BusinessF1, that is.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:29 (Ref:1969140)   #36
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso didn't make any money from this commercial either, afterall it's for Mercedes. Now, if they were in some l'Oreal or whatever comercial that would be different.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:31 (Ref:1969143)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Money for this commercial, I imagine, will come as part of the contract with McLaren-Mercedes. i.e it is part of their job.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:34 (Ref:1969149)   #38
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Yup.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:36 (Ref:1969150)   #39
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Now, if they were in some l'Oreal or whatever comercial that would be different.
Except, as I said before, for Lewis, if you believe the source, it would not. This would either be because it would be personal sponsorship, which Mclaren are from from wild on, or else the said Lewis contractual thing preventing him from making any such money from any related sponsor of the team.

The Mercede's one is interesting, though, in the context of legal documents. Would they be legally classifiable as the team given they own the largest stake? Or would they be able to be argued as "partners"?
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:39 (Ref:1969152)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Seriously I don't think they're making money with that commercial, it must be part of the contract... but they're making money out of anything they do, that's the best part of it all.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:42 (Ref:1969154)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh yeah, everything they do for McLaren or Mercedes is making them money theoretically.

And they have a blast doing it. It certainly makes our mundane day jobs look a tad pale in comparison.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:43 (Ref:1969156)   #42
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Lewis could be cashing in on a lot of merchandising stuff atm, though, were it not for the contract.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to start to anything, but it is an interesting situation (usually a rookie would not have so much of a base to be able to need to worry about these things, but Lewis certainly can).

Mundane jobs? I wrestle bears whilst felling trees and making maple syrup. You try that sometime.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:45 (Ref:1969158)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I think over time that Lewis will be given slightly more of a free rein regarding his personal marketing. Although not as much as elsewhere perhaps.

Who knows? Maybe one day this situation could lead to a move elsewhere... but that is not for this thread.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:54 (Ref:1969165)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Mundane jobs? I wrestle bears whilst felling trees and making maple syrup. You try that sometime.
Not the best of jobs... try sit in a beach and watch girls in bikini go around.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:57 (Ref:1969169)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I think Hamilton is already making big money with his "sudden" fame...
Old 21 Jul 2007, 15:03 (Ref:1969171)   #46
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I don't think he is making big money at all. I mean in comparison to your average Paul Pauper he is, but in the context of F1 not at all.

Sorry, Bon, my job is more fun than that.
Old 23 Jul 2007, 09:32 (Ref:1970961)   #47
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought it was great, saw it for the first time in the race yesterday
Old 23 Jul 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1971102)   #48
Mr.Jingles
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading, Berkshire
Mr.Jingles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's clear to everyone that Alonso got the better tire choice... look at his launch from the line!

I demand an enquiry
Old 23 Jul 2007, 14:30 (Ref:1971194)   #49
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jingles
I think it's clear to everyone that Alonso got the better tire choice... look at his launch from the line!

I demand an enquiry
Hmmm, that would be why Fernando lost a place to Felipe at the start?
Old 23 Jul 2007, 14:33 (Ref:1971196)   #50
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Hmmm, that would be why Fernando lost a place to Felipe at the start?
He's talking about the Mercedes advert.

You're talking about the European Grand Prix.

Cross purposes, basically.