Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Aug 2008, 00:43 (Ref:2277825)   #476
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
To be clear:
Lola LMP1 bodyshells?
DBR9 bodyshells?
DBRS9 bodyshells?
Lola LMP1 B08/60 by Charouz.. They have two at the moment, one of them replacing the ancient open Lola B07/17..

Easy boys..

Last edited by Aslak Vind; 30 Aug 2008 at 00:48.
Old 30 Aug 2008, 01:18 (Ref:2277830)   #477
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Lola LMP1 B08/60 by Charouz.. They have two at the moment, one of them replacing the ancient open Lola B07/17..

Easy boys..
Well, maybe the used one they can sell to Intersport? Or lease it to them for PLM and Laguna. They (Intersport) are looking for a used Lola at the moment and Berry is reported to be very interested in a coupe.

L.P.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 01:28 (Ref:2288569)   #478
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quick Nurburgring pit interview with Howard-Chappell:
http://audio.mpix.org.uk/lms2008/2008_nur_ghc_sat.mp3

Answer to the question every wants to ask: "Highly unlikely"... in somehow jokey way.

Last edited by deggis; 13 Sep 2008 at 01:35.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2288708)   #479
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Well, maybe the used one they can sell to Intersport? Or lease it to them for PLM and Laguna. They (Intersport) are looking for a used Lola at the moment and Berry is reported to be very interested in a coupe.

L.P.
Intersport seems to have bought the Charouz Lola B07/17.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 02:54 (Ref:2289409)   #480
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
George Howard Chappell: "I am obviously disappointed to see that 3% more power which we were awarded this year for the use of an engine resulting from GT1 we have withdrawn because I think this equivalence was good. I understand that people react and given the performance that we show on the runway with Lola P1 but I think it is more due to the means of developing a group such as Prodrive ally to the power of Aston Martin. It is certain that it will not encourage manufacturers to use an engine derived from the series and I find it disappointing. All other competitors using gasoline engines are based on an engine score and I'm not very pleased with this decision even if I comprendspourquoi (<-- eh, what?) it was taken. By cons, I am satisfied with the decision for GT1 cars at their last year in track. The changes required are minimal and really this is a good thing."

The questioning of equivalence own engines from the series P1 is it likely to encourage you to review the future plans of Aston Martin?

"Firstly, no decision had yet been taken on this subject, we were expecting this announcement precisely. Now, we must analyze it closely and draw conclusions but it is obvious that this can not be neutral."

http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=fr&tl=en
ACO gave the bait with the restrictor cut and now they took it away?

Last edited by deggis; 14 Sep 2008 at 03:04.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 05:27 (Ref:2289446)   #481
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All other competitors using gasoline engines are based on an engine score and I'm not very pleased with this decision even if I comprendspourquoi (<-- eh, what?) it was taken.
comprendspourquoi: should be 2 words (comprends pourquoi), means understand why.

It does indeed look like the advantage was taken away again... although I wonder if they could bore out their DBR9 engine to 7 litres under the rules announced a few weeks ago? That might give them some advantage over the 6 litre max engines by Judd and others, even if the restrictor is still just as small...
Old 7 Nov 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2329899)   #482
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The bear thinks the AMR-LMP1 is dead.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 22:13 (Ref:2330338)   #483
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^that would be very sad I was really looking forward to that car spicing things up even more...
Old 7 Nov 2008, 23:43 (Ref:2330398)   #484
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So if the LMP is dead then there will be one last showdown at Le Mans in GT1, its better then AM not being there at all I guess.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 02:05 (Ref:2330458)   #485
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Expected but damn
Old 8 Nov 2008, 03:45 (Ref:2330488)   #486
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if Aston Martin regresses back to GT1, they may not even have competition if Corvette hits a similar stumbling block before May.
Old 9 Nov 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2331129)   #487
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as i know P&M have said that they will continue with GT1 up untill LM 2009 then switch to GT2.

I think that both P&M and Prodrive want to complete the best of 5 DBR9 v C6R battle!

Then they we recommence battle in GT2, but will have to sort out the Porsche and Ferrari guys first!
Old 9 Nov 2008, 19:25 (Ref:2331132)   #488
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
Then they we recommence battle in GT2, but will have to sort out the Porsche and Ferrari guys first!
That should be very interesting indeed . I am really looking forward to seeing what GM can do against Porsche & Fiat .
Old 9 Nov 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2331144)   #489
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
As far as i know P&M have said that they will continue with GT1 up untill LM 2009 then switch to GT2.

I think that both P&M and Prodrive want to complete the best of 5 DBR9 v C6R battle!

You are correct

the new P&M Corvette GT2s are being tested now. Think they were on Sebring last week.
Old 9 Nov 2008, 20:09 (Ref:2331157)   #490
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
You are correct

the new P&M Corvette GT2s are being tested now. Think they were on Sebring last week.

I believe that those were the GT1 cars, testing out parts, engine... etc. for the GT2 car. I don't believe that the GT2 cars are complete yet.
Old 26 Nov 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2342075)   #491
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Noooo! No Aston LMP 1's ? That really is a bummer...
Then we'll again be bored by only diesels in the topfight.
Old 26 Nov 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2342077)   #492
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wonder what Oreca can do with the AIM engine deal and a decent car ?
Old 26 Nov 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2342113)   #493
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To me Aston Martin LMP 1 is not dead!!!

The car has been prepared (design) and with the financial crisis the project was suspended.

the near future will be crutial to the project... Mr David Richards wants to Win Le Mans so....
Old 26 Nov 2008, 13:27 (Ref:2342114)   #494
The Badger
Veteran

Miroslav Konopka has bought one of the ex-Charouz chassis , but im not sure if the AMR engine is included ?
Old 26 Nov 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2342126)   #495
The Badger
Veteran

And the 2nd Charouz chassis will be run by Sebah for Speedy ..... but in LMP1 or LMP2 I dont know , and what engine choice , I dont know either .
Old 26 Nov 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2342234)   #496
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Miroslav Konopka has bought one of the ex-Charouz chassis , but im not sure if the AMR engine is included ?
Miroslav said he was "considering all possibilities" after testing the Lola, see EI:-

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=6761&thold=0

Have you now heard that he has in fact bought it?

Mariantic
Old 26 Nov 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2342258)   #497
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic
Miroslav said he was "considering all possibilities" after testing the Lola, see EI:-

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=6761&thold=0

Have you now heard that he has in fact bought it?

Mariantic
While I find nothing that states he has purchased one of the Lola B08/60 AM's. There is one shown at his site listed under cars.(?) here

L.P.
Old 26 Nov 2008, 17:15 (Ref:2342277)   #498
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
While I find nothing that states he has purchased one of the Lola B08/60 AM's. There is one shown at his site listed under cars.(?) here

L.P.
Whoa..... now thats new
Old 26 Nov 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2342311)   #499
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

L.P.
I think that set of photos is "cars I have driven" Lane, there is a DP Chase in there as well - pretty sure he doen't have one of those

Mariantic
Old 26 Nov 2008, 19:05 (Ref:2342341)   #500
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic
I think that set of photos is "cars I have driven" Lane, there is a DP Chase in there as well - pretty sure he doen't have one of those

Mariantic
And where did he drove the Lola? Do you know?