Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Aug 2011, 07:28 (Ref:2939781)   #476
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
strange, this breaking news doesn't rate a mention on any of Ford's websites? all i've seen on the topic is the ST's press release over and over.

ps/ Kate (or whoever) Feilding is spelt incorrectly
Old 16 Aug 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2941682)   #477
Speedwayracer44
Rookie

Speedwayracer44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Battle royal

Seems nzv8 will have at least two Aussie drivers this season with Baird and Besnard. One would presume Baird is doing double duties again so this is good for nzv8 but the Holden/ford and TV3 announcement for nzst has had a few reaching for their blood pressure pills. Don't you think it's time motorsport nz severed it's ties from pretending not to own and run the promotional company along with nzv8 and the now important team owners and focus on running the sport before they get caught up in this ego battle and consume more resources and put the whole of motorsport in nz at risk.
Old 16 Aug 2011, 10:31 (Ref:2941685)   #478
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"I want One".
Old 16 Aug 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2941869)   #479
MarioNZ
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
MarioNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwayracer44 View Post
Seems nzv8 will have at least two Aussie drivers this season with Baird and Besnard. One would presume Baird is doing double duties again so this is good for nzv8 but the Holden/ford and TV3 announcement for nzst has had a few reaching for their blood pressure pills. .
Ahhh...there's only one Aussie driver in your list there Ace
Old 16 Aug 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2941887)   #480
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to Bargs? He not coming back to run with Tulloch?
Old 22 Aug 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2943979)   #481
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr McIntyre & Mr Barclay take delivery of their Ford shells...

Old 24 Aug 2011, 21:03 (Ref:2945341)   #482
FraserGT
Rookie

FraserGT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you have a Ford and a sponsor has their heart set on you running a Holden the next season, can you just swap the body?
Old 24 Aug 2011, 22:15 (Ref:2945365)   #483
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserGT View Post
If you have a Ford and a sponsor has their heart set on you running a Holden the next season, can you just swap the body?
Hi 'FraserGT,
In simple terms yes, it would take an experienced person from Pace Innovations approximately 4 days to do this, which would mean flying that person to NZ and paying the associated cost's involved, but certainly very feasible if the benefits out weigh the costs.

Mark Petch.
CEO. V8SUPERTOURERS LIMITED
Old 25 Aug 2011, 06:18 (Ref:2945453)   #484
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mark,

Will that mean that all major repair work is a "fly a Pace employee out from Australia" or will you have a local jig etc?

For me having Pace looking after that sort of thing kind of makes sense as I assume the point of everyone having the same gear, is that everyone has the same gear, which obviously starts with everyone having the same chassis.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 07:34 (Ref:2945481)   #485
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
doesn't make sense to me lol
Old 25 Aug 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2945501)   #486
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

... at Chez Mc...
Old 25 Aug 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2945928)   #487
MarioNZ
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
MarioNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 days to change brand!...you could change body shape between rounds (if you were that way inclined ).
So presumably if it's 4 days for an 'experienced Pace person' to change it over, it could also be done by a capable local in slightly longer?

Just comparing these shots of the Ford chassis with earlier build photos of the Holden, they look quite different around the front end/firewall, are the Ford/Holden chassis actually identical? or does all that stuff have to get changed if you were doing the theoretical body swap?
Old 5 Sep 2011, 04:30 (Ref:2950945)   #488
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
this is pretty funny! the ST boys now want to run NZV8's haha i thought NZV8s were meant to be dinosaurs from the past with their prehistoric technology
Old 5 Sep 2011, 05:33 (Ref:2950951)   #489
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did it say the ST boys would run them? Those cars are available to run on the same program as a support, not the main attraction...
Old 5 Sep 2011, 05:48 (Ref:2950953)   #490
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
and who runs the meeting/event?
Old 5 Sep 2011, 07:31 (Ref:2950991)   #491
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
this is pretty funny! the ST boys now want to run NZV8's haha i thought NZV8s were meant to be dinosaurs from the past with their prehistoric technology
They are, but there are chassis's out there and they will provide the chance for them to be run as a class similar to fujitsu in its concept that it fosters younger talent, including a 50,000 dollar grant.

This series is going ahead wether some on here think/hope it will flop or not.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2951054)   #492
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
They are, but there are chassis's out there and they will provide the chance for them to be run as a class similar to fujitsu in its concept that it fosters younger talent, including a 50,000 dollar grant.

Appreciate your support for our Series, just wanted to clarify that we are not offering a $50,000 grant as such.

What we are offering is 5 different V8Challange Cup competitors the chance to test drive the V8ST prototype on each of the 5 race day's, and the winner of the scholarship, 2 days of driver tuition, in our prototype V8ST with Greg Murphy.

We value that to be worth at least $50,000.

Mark Petch.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 23:18 (Ref:2951427)   #493
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post

the f word i used was funny not flop
Old 6 Sep 2011, 00:40 (Ref:2951457)   #494
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if part of the reason for the introduction of the second tier V8 class as part of the Supertourer circus is that some of the V8St drivers still have their former NZV8 cars for sale. It would be easier to move them on with a relatively high profile series to run in instead of trying to find buyers who will use them just as club cars, GT1 etc.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 01:43 (Ref:2951475)   #495
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post
I wonder if part of the reason for the introduction of the second tier V8 class as part of the Supertourer circus is that some of the V8St drivers still have their former NZV8 cars for sale. It would be easier to move them on with a relatively high profile series to run in instead of trying to find buyers who will use them just as club cars, GT1 etc.
Yet another V8 series? I dunno is there is really the money and resources out there to run all this?

Personally, if I was them I'd worry about getting V8ST off the ground, especially considering the series hasn't turned a wheel in anger yet.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 02:55 (Ref:2951487)   #496
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Yet another V8 series? I dunno is there is really the money and resources out there to run all this?

Personally, if I was them I'd worry about getting V8ST off the ground, especially considering the series hasn't turned a wheel in anger yet.
A big part of getting V8ST off the ground is providing a series with good support races to back them up. Getting the "old" NZV8's involved as part of the support program would fulfil that need to an extent
Old 6 Sep 2011, 04:34 (Ref:2951502)   #497
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the first round is going to pretty busy. V8STs, V8CCs, Muscle cars, and Hondas.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 05:38 (Ref:2951508)   #498
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
Looks like the first round is going to pretty busy. V8STs, V8CCs, Muscle cars, and Hondas.

i'll definately be there for that 1st round, history in the making i hope!

Who else will be there at Hammies, mid feb?
Old 6 Sep 2011, 07:41 (Ref:2951541)   #499
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Hi Mark,

Will that mean that all major repair work is a "fly a Pace employee out from Australia" or will you have a local jig etc?

For me having Pace looking after that sort of thing kind of makes sense as I assume the point of everyone having the same gear, is that everyone has the same gear, which obviously starts with everyone having the same chassis.
Any answer? anyone?
Thought it was an interesting question.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 08:49 (Ref:2951550)   #500
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Any answer? anyone?
Thought it was an interesting question.
Chappelli,
yes your right it is a good question, and as such it deserves an answer.

Pace Innovations will supply a master Jig for the front and rear critical pick up points, that will be reside in Auckland.

In the advent of a major repair, Pace will send one of their people over to make the necessary repairs here in New Zealand.

A spare chassis, minus body panels will be kept at Pace, so that it can be quickly finished, in order to replace a complete "right off" and be sent to NZ within one week, plus 4 days shipping etc.

Mark Petch.
Closed Thread