Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win Bathurst in 2019
#2 Pye/Luff WAU Mobil1 Holden 1 1.89%
#3 Jacobson/Fiore KR Rabble Nissan 0 0%
#5 Holdsworth/Randle Tickford Bottle O Ford 0 0%
#6 Waters/Caruso Tickford Monster Energy Ford 0 0%
#7 Heimgartner/Fullwood KR Plus Fitness Nissan 1 1.89%
#8 Percat/Blanchard BJR BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus Penrite Holden 5 9.43%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP Shell Ford 0 0%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR Freightliner Holden 0 0%
#15 Kelly/Wood KR Castrol Nissan 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP Shell Ford 12 22.64%
#18 Winterbottom/Richards Team18 Irwin Holden 0 0%
#19 LeBrocq/Webb Tekno Truck Assist Holden 0 0%
#21 Jones/Canto BJR CoolDrive Holden 1 1.89%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WAU Mobil1 Holden 0 0%
#23 Davison/Davison 23Red Milwaulkee Ford 1 1.89%
#27 Hinchcliffe/Rossi WAU Napa Auto Parts Holden 0 0%
#33 Stanaway/Pither GRM Boost Mobile Holden 1 1.89%
#34 Golding/Muscat GRM Boost Mobile Holden 0 0%
#35 Hazelwood/Smith MSR SP Tools Holden 1 1.89%
#55 Mostert/Moffat Tickford SuperCheap Auto Ford 2 3.77%
#56 Kostecki/Kostecki KBR Boost Mobile Holden 0 0%
#78 de Silvestro/Rullo KR Harvey Norman Nissan 1 1.89%
#97 Van Gisbergen/Tander RBHRT Red Bull Holden 14 26.42%
#99 de Pasquale/Brown Erebus Penrite Holden 1 1.89%
#111 Evans/Van Der Drift TKR TKR Holden (SCRATCHED) 2 3.77%
#888 Whincup/Lowndes RBHRT Red Bull Holden 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Oct 2019, 04:18 (Ref:3934262)   #476
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
Irrespective of what side of who you barrack for, it was a low act and should be penalised heavily, Larry Perkins called it correctly. If CAMS are serious the punishment will be severe enough for nobody to ever try it again. They could impose a massive fine, but Roger's not short of a quid so that wouldn't really hurt. For mine a points deduction from the team's championship to the extent that means DJRTP could no longer win it.
Is this the same Larry Perkins who claimed earlier in the week that Jamie Whincup did the right thing by passing the safety car???
Old 14 Oct 2019, 04:20 (Ref:3934263)   #477
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So when Jamie gave up his spot to Giz last year @ NZ that..
Artificially altered the race results! Correct!!!!

Was that penalized? No.

What's different this time? Fabs actually broke a rule - not maintaining the correct gap.

Was that penalized? Yes, PLP.

Honestly, I've got just as much a problem with it has you do, but you can't write the rule book on the run...
Old 14 Oct 2019, 04:22 (Ref:3934264)   #478
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
We all probably know this is likely to be team points and a financial penalty, which to Penske literally means nothing.
It does, but what's the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The team colluded to artificially alter the race results, and I am sure there's rules that allow that to be investigated, a PLP isn't the final say.
Sure. Fine DJRTP 100 team championship points or even 500 team championship points.

Regardless, they had a job to win the Bathust 1000 and they achieved it by any means necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The point is, those involved with car #12, took the mickey on the safety car proceedure.
They did. But the alternative would be DJRTP potentially not winning the Bathust 1000, which you can appreciate would be unacceptable to DJRTP, right?
Old 14 Oct 2019, 04:36 (Ref:3934266)   #479
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FTA ratings

Ten’s broadcast of the Bathurst 1000 Supercars Championship was successful in the ratings and advertising demographics.
The Shoot Out session topped the key advertising demographics of the 18 to 49s and 25 to 54s, and attracted 461,000 metro viewers.

The Support 1, Support 2 and Support 3 sessions also brought in 221,000, 245,000 and 314,000 metro viewers respectively.

https://mumbrella.com.au/the-nrl-gra...eek-win-602102

Good numbers?

Last edited by cavvy; 14 Oct 2019 at 04:37. Reason: add link
Old 14 Oct 2019, 04:39 (Ref:3934267)   #480
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
I was just listening to Mark Skaife being interviewed on 2GB, he said that DJR/TP won the race by reducing the downforce and hence improved their fuel economy, maybe Roland's continual complaining about lack of downforce this year ultimately cost team Red Bull the race.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 04:48 (Ref:3934268)   #481
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post

Was that penalized? No.

What 888 asked Jamie to do at NZ was to alter the race results to benefit Shane.

What DJRTP asked Fabs to do was to benefit Fabs. #17 gained nothing. Despite Shanes protests on the radio, he benefited too. Which Dane acknowledged.

DJRTP have been charged with breaching team orders. So I assuming the rules were changed after NZ last year?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Oct 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3934271)   #482
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't look like it, CAMS have come an clarified the rules which is what has been posted previously
Old 14 Oct 2019, 05:07 (Ref:3934273)   #483
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I was just listening to Mark Skaife being interviewed on 2GB, he said that DJR/TP won the race by reducing the downforce and hence improved their fuel economy, maybe Roland's continual complaining about lack of downforce this year ultimately cost team Red Bull the race.
as if DJR/TP would tell the undercover T8 spy anything, everyone knows that Skaife is a T8 spy. This is Skaife's opinion only, or Larko told him, but I reckon DJR/TP would keep that stuff pretty close to their chest
Old 14 Oct 2019, 05:34 (Ref:3934275)   #484
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
as if DJR/TP would tell the undercover T8 spy anything, everyone knows that Skaife is a T8 spy. This is Skaife's opinion only, or Larko told him, but I reckon DJR/TP would keep that stuff pretty close to their chest
You could be correct Trev, MS didn't say where the info came from so it is probably his opinion.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 05:49 (Ref:3934277)   #485
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Fabian was told to do what he did to eliminate the chance of the 2 Red Bull cars blocking Scotty in his pitbay while they double stacked.

Giz had already done this in an earlier pitstop when he double stacked behind Jamie - only no blocking occurred because Giz moved forward to be serviced right at the time Scotty was dropped.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 05:55 (Ref:3934279)   #486
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
apparently there is a recording out where you hear the team tell him to protect the hot engine, nothing about slowing the field

If true (which I believe it is), that will belt the **** out of all the T8 blowhards
Old 14 Oct 2019, 06:10 (Ref:3934280)   #487
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
apparently there is a recording out where you hear the team tell him to protect the hot engine, nothing about slowing the field

If true (which I believe it is), that will belt the **** out of all the T8 blowhards
They played the radio transmissions to/from #12 on the broadcast (Foxtel) after the race. It was all about them supposedly not knowing where the incident was and to slow down because of that lack of knowledge. It was transparently bullsh!t.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3934282)   #488
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Was that penalized? No.

What's different this time? Fabs actually broke a rule - not maintaining the correct gap.

Was that penalized? Yes, PLP.

Honestly, I've got just as much a problem with it has you do, but you can't write the rule book on the run...
you must remember this, the DSO and C/C , not the stewards, decide on
if an infringement has occurred. then send it to the stewards.
penalty issued

the DSO didnt bat an eye lid in NZ in 20018.
now he wants to go for the jugular.
does he want his mate(preferred kiwi to win)
Old 14 Oct 2019, 07:14 (Ref:3934287)   #489
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Control to Flag X
Flag Point X
Show car number 12 the Bad Sportsmanship flag
Flag X - Bad Sportsmanship - Car 12...
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Sportsmanship 1280px-F1_black_and_white_diagonal_flag.svg.png  
Old 14 Oct 2019, 07:46 (Ref:3934293)   #490
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bear with me here.

If 12 is disqualified or much more likely a team points penalty and a fine happens, we all agree that it means nothing.

But it guarantees we all talking about it until and after the Gold Coast event..

Phelps is a lapdog and I saw an interesting social media post today.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 07:47 (Ref:3934294)   #491
Compromised
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Race Control to Flag X
Flag Point X
Show car number 12 the Bad Sportsmanship flag
Flag X - Bad Sportsmanship - Car 12...
This is the Supercars forum, please leave your common sense at the door
Old 14 Oct 2019, 07:52 (Ref:3934295)   #492
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is the Supercars forum, please leave your common sense at the door
Old 14 Oct 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3934301)   #493
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Just like “multi 21”😊😊
Old 14 Oct 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3934319)   #494
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When my car is overheating and I'm going down the big bloody hill I find best practice is to slow to walking speed.

8-30am and 9-00am radio 1ZB sports news lead story was did SVG get robbed of victory in the Bathurst 1000 yesterday by the despicable sportsmanship shown by the eventual winners team, Team Penske. The story would have run at least 7am 7-30am and 8am also. It did mention in short Scott won the race, but focused mostly on FC and the safety car incident. On the number one radio program in NZ. As well as other stories online also in the same vain. What's the old saying any news is good news, in this case the incident has well over shadowed Scotts win. Whatever the outcome is it will always be a controversial win. FC has also been in the press as he's been taking a hammering over it. I'm sure he's hoping this incident will not define his career, as there isn't really much else that does.

Adding to that from what I was told today the incident went down like a cup of cold sick with a large number of pitlane as well as a number of racing personality in the hospitality's. Old Dick may get a bit of a cold shoulder from one or two of this old race buddies. And Rodger can slide off back home maybe a touch shorter in stature than when he left, in some eyes.

Sleep with dogs you get fleas!
Paul Morris. Never a truer word spoken.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3934323)   #495
Jamolad
Rookie

Jamolad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Jesus Christ! Here is car 12 radio, no mention of hot engine, you're not belting or blowing hard anyone:

https://www.velocitynews.co.nz/news/...n6uqHGXW0N_4mE

So nothing re hot engine - it was (supposedly) all down to concerns about debris and not knowing where the incident was.

Those concerns would apply equally to Scotty, as he was further up the road and screaming full noise towards the Unknown Kill-Deathy Scariness that had the car 12 side of the garage holding vigils for Fabian's safety...so would love to hear car 12's radio and car 17's radio overlayed.

They would want to hope the message to Scotty was consistent with what they are claiming re not knowing where the issue was.

Last edited by Jamolad; 14 Oct 2019 at 10:47.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3934328)   #496
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a little bit like "Timo schieb ihn raus" in DTM. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d08rS9wOeI )
The driver did what the team told him. The driver should not be fined in my opinion even its not very sportsmanlike. But if he doesn’t do what the team tells him then there are several guys waiting to replace him.
That "slowing down" incident was bad for the sport.
The consequence on the race was minor but the consequence on the sport or Supercars is huge.
As a team would have done that too but perhaps not 50 seconds.
Yellow flag racing to the pit or finish line is very dangerous, what happens if the accident is between the leaders and the pits?
Old 14 Oct 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3934329)   #497
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
When my car is overheating and I'm going down the big bloody hill I find best practice is to slow to walking speed.
Maybe actually try running an overheating car first, before making silly comments.
They need to be slowed right down to reduce the water temperature, and maintain reasonable oil pressure.

Quote:
8-30am and 9-00am radio 1ZB sports news lead story was did SVG get robbed of victory in the Bathurst 1000 yesterday by the despicable sportsmanship shown by the eventual winners team, Team Penske. The story would have run at least 7am 7-30am and 8am also. It did mention in short Scott won the race, but focused mostly on FC and the safety car incident. On the number one radio program in NZ. As well as other stories online also in the same vain. What's the old saying any news is good news, in this case the incident has well over shadowed Scotts win. Whatever the outcome is it will always be a controversial win. FC has also been in the press as he's been taking a hammering over it. I'm sure he's hoping this incident will not define his career, as there isn't really much else that does.
The better team with the fastest driver were the deserving winners - that is something you'll need to deal with.
Giz wasn't robbed of anything, and if he wants to win the event, he will simply have to do a bit better, and cross the line first.

Quote:
Adding to that from what I was told today the incident went down like a cup of cold sick with a large number of pitlane as well as a number of racing personality in the hospitality's. Old Dick may get a bit of a cold shoulder from one or two of this old race buddies. And Rodger can slide off back home maybe a touch shorter in stature than when he left, in some eyes.
Sounds like something you just made up, to suit your narrative.
Have you got a link to substantiate any of it?

Quote:
Sleep with dogs you get fleas!
Paul Morris. Never a truer word spoken.
To also quote Paul Morris "Things come to those who go and get them".
Old 14 Oct 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3934352)   #498
Jamolad
Rookie

Jamolad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You need to calm down. Car 12 radio has been released, no mention of a hot engine.

https://www.velocitynews.co.nz/news/...n6uqHGXW0N_4mE

They need to overlay car 12 and car 17 radio. Won't be a good look for Penske if the message(s) to Scotty don't align with what was being said to Fabian. Doesn't look like Scotty was told to slow down and take extreme caution?
Old 14 Oct 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3934361)   #499
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I think Fabian was told to do what he did to eliminate the chance of the 2 Red Bull cars blocking Scotty in his pitbay while they double stacked.

Giz had already done this in an earlier pitstop when he double stacked behind Jamie - only no blocking occurred because Giz moved forward to be serviced right at the time Scotty was dropped.
"Your car is overheating" Sounds like "Multi 21" Or "Fernando is faster than you". Just normal Team games to help the Team No.1 .
Old 14 Oct 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3934422)   #500
Compromised
Veteran

Another issue regarding poorly written rules -

Safety car is called. All drivers must slow. All drivers must maintain a set gap.

Now say I'm 20 car lengths behind the car in front when the safety car is called (before we've caught the SC) - if we all slow equally how do I maintain a gap I never had whilst also respecting the safety of Marshalls/officials/drivers?

Also, SVG/Tander are the rightful Bathurst winners. JW and Scott barely slowed for the intial safety car lap.

Last edited by Compromised; 14 Oct 2019 at 18:39.