Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Dec 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3342850)   #5126
hcl123
Veteran

hcl123 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Both of those 2013 R18 images seem more "distorted", and the bottom shows a different distance perspective (the car is smaller, though it should be larger)... just by having narrow wheels the 2014 car can't have considerable larger wheel hubs... doesn't make sense.

I think the cockpit is narrower as the central front section between wheels.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3342857)   #5127
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcl123 View Post
Both of those 2013 R18 images seem more "distorted", and the bottom shows a different distance perspective (the car is smaller, though it should be larger)... just by having narrow wheels the 2014 car can't have considerable larger wheel hubs... doesn't make sense.

I think the cockpit is narrower as the central front section between wheels.
That's the best I could do considering the limited number of pictures available with similar perspectives. if you find better shots, tell me
Old 11 Dec 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3342860)   #5128
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Or we can wait about a week for Audi to release official images.

Of course, that's why Audi have decaled the R18 up like it is and why no photos have been released of the front of the car.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3342890)   #5129
carabus
Rookie

Czech Republic
Praha, CZ
carabus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photos from Audi R18 2014 Sebring test

just two photos :-)

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...n=awdailydrive

I have no private car and I prefer entomology to motorsport, but now I hope I am right and the photos are authentic :-)

Last edited by carabus; 11 Dec 2013 at 22:06.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3343079)   #5130
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.audi-motorsport.info/v2/...single/id/8176

Technical details of the new e-Tron Quattro!
Old 12 Dec 2013, 10:07 (Ref:3343084)   #5131
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New photos on https://www.facebook.com/JoestRacing !
Old 12 Dec 2013, 10:11 (Ref:3343085)   #5132
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really hope they are going to race it in these colors. Looks very mean.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3343091)   #5133
FxL
Rookie

FxL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't expect Audi to release that many photos before december 18, but I like what I see. Looks like the devil with the red lights at the front
Old 12 Dec 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3343110)   #5134
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it just me, or does this look like a finished livery?
Old 12 Dec 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3343115)   #5135
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Damn that car looks soooo good!
Old 12 Dec 2013, 12:02 (Ref:3343123)   #5136
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Is it just me, or does this look like a finished livery?
No that's not just you. I really hope it's true.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 12:40 (Ref:3343137)   #5137
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Damn that car looks soooo good!
Indeed! Can't put my finger on it (apart from the livery) but something about it makes it a lot more appealing to me than the old R18 which I honestly found pretty ugly.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3343138)   #5138
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the 2013 version bored me senseless (as grey audis usually do) but the 2014 car looks utterly filthy in black. a+, would perv again.

(the technical stuff is fascinating but i have no sensible comments to make about that )
Old 12 Dec 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3343140)   #5139
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there some kind of petition we can complete to ensure that this livery remains on the car. It looks incredible!

Hopefully Florian is floating around and taking note. It looks MEAAAAAN. In a good way.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3343141)   #5140
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder how this livery will separate the cars?
Will we see the Red, Yellow and Black highlighted cars back?
Old 12 Dec 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3343145)   #5141
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
This one is black with red lights around the headlights and with red stickering.
Other cars can be black with blue and black with green lights and stickering.

But black + red looks best so this probably won't happen.

We'll know in 6 days!
Old 12 Dec 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3343153)   #5142
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Black = Audi
White = Porsche
?
Old 12 Dec 2013, 13:42 (Ref:3343160)   #5143
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prefer Martini strip porsche or RS Spyder yellow porsche and silver/yellow-red Audi though.
The part between the nose and the cockpit is weird though, seems like someone has cut off something from there
Old 12 Dec 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3343171)   #5144
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Notice no photos from the rear of the car yet (not counting testing photos)--probably will have to wait until next Wed. for that.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3343180)   #5145
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okay, so as I posted on Wikipedia:

Audi updated the R18 e-tron quattro for the 2014 Le Mans Prototype rules. Changes include a revised V6 TDI engine, upgrades to the flywheel accumulator system and an electric turbocharger run using an exhaust heat recovery system. The aerodynamics have been heavily revised in accordance with the new rules: the width is reduced by 10 cm, the height is increased by 20 mm and there is a new set of front wings. However, the exhaust-blown diffuser on the 2013 model has been banned and removed. The safety monocoque has been strengthened with additional fabric. Wheel tethers and extra crash structures are also added to the car. Finally, there are numerous smaller upgrades to vision and ergonomics to improve drivability
Old 12 Dec 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3343200)   #5146
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Wow! That looks amazing!

Hopefully they stick with the all black w/ red trim concept.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3343209)   #5147
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Okay, so as I posted on Wikipedia:

Audi updated the R18 e-tron quattro for the 2014 Le Mans Prototype rules. Changes include a revised V6 TDI engine, upgrades to the flywheel accumulator system and an electric turbocharger run using an exhaust heat recovery system. The aerodynamics have been heavily revised in accordance with the new rules: the width is reduced by 10 cm, the height is increased by 20 mm and there is a new set of front wings. However, the exhaust-blown diffuser on the 2013 model has been banned and removed. The safety monocoque has been strengthened with additional fabric. Wheel tethers and extra crash structures are also added to the car. Finally, there are numerous smaller upgrades to vision and ergonomics to improve drivability
I think calling it an updated R18 is false.
It's a new car with the same name, nothing less.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3343215)   #5148
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darth Vader's car, It looks so Bada**!

I noted that Oris watches has sponsor decal on the car, surely that means Tag-Heuer will not be sponsoring Audi in 2014.

Having said that, I imagine Tag have probably jumped ship to Porsche as they have more of a history with the brand.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3343231)   #5149
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Interesting how the Michelin stickers under the dive planes are the very old school M-stickers not in use anymore, and how all the tires have only one Michelin sticker at 12 o'clock while the opposite one which should be at 6 o'clock is missing...

(as a side note, I don't think ACO is going to let them run with red lights in the front of the car).
Old 12 Dec 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3343254)   #5150
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawing View Post
(as a side note, I don't think ACO is going to let them run with red lights in the front of the car).
Well, the "old" R18, ran them too (the #1)
It's pit lights.