Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Nov 2011, 06:50 (Ref:2985376)   #526
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Hopefully this is the plan, instead of going to Failure to Produce Results like the first report hinted.

Seems joining them takes away any chance at a championship win.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 07:35 (Ref:2985396)   #527
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Sources say his sole remaining license could still be teamed with or acquired by Triple Eight for 2012, strengthening the technical alliance the two teams already have.
has the other one gone to walkinshaw with supercheap ?
Old 13 Nov 2011, 08:19 (Ref:2985415)   #528
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
has the other one gone to walkinshaw with supercheap ?
That was the original thinking.. when WP was still in negotiation with Diageo for the Bundaberg Rum sponsorship... however since it seems Mr Coulthard has been pitched from his day job prematurely, perhaps this is not still the case.

Various news sources have said Tekno were looking for a 2nd REC, and now the DJR interest seems to soak up the apparently available PMM/Nemo RECs...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Nov 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2985481)   #529
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting times for PMM, what to do with all those cars? Would he still run a DVS program given he has a few VEs, would LDM buy one of the 888 VE's in place of the dinosaur WP Machine?

Where to for Mr Thompson and the Monster cash? 3rd entry for Roland is my bet.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2985889)   #530
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
When I have heard about things like this happening, I have always wondered how Orrcon could justify what would be a 7 figure spend in sponsorship and hospitality at the events
If the Trading Post one is anything to go by, you can get naming rights on a FPR car for a coke and a snickers, as long as you don't mind vomit inducing livery.

Quote:
Various news sources have said Tekno were looking for a 2nd REC, and now the DJR interest seems to soak up the apparently available PMM/Nemo RECs...
DJR would want to get their own house in order before taking on more cars if you ask me. Their recent form apart from Moffat at GC has been nothing short of woeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Interesting times for PMM, what to do with all those cars? Would he still run a DVS program given he has a few VEs, would LDM buy one of the 888 VE's in place of the dinosaur WP Machine?
You'd think a PMM VE would be a good buy for LDM but he'd want to buy a technical package from 888 too, I reckon if you put the 888 dampers back in they will go lots better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Where to for Mr Thompson and the Monster cash? 3rd entry for Roland is my bet.
The question is, they tipped in $250k or so for the DVS, but do they have $2m for a full series? You could do worse than Thommo, he's young enough for the brand, and he's performed in the DVS and at the enduros. That lolly water sure does make some money, so who knows?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2985946)   #531
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
a list from speedcafe

No. Driver Car Preparation Chassis Model
2 Garth Tander Walkinshaw Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
3 Tony D’Alberto Tony D’Alberto Racing Ford Performance Racing FG
4 Lee Holdsworth Stone Brothers Racing Stone Brothers Racing FG
5 Mark Winterbottom Ford Performance Racing Ford Performance Racing FG
6 Will Davison Ford Performance Racing Ford Performance Racing FG
7 Todd Kelly Kelly Racing Kelly Racing VEII
8 Jason Bright Brad Jones Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
9 Shane van Gisbergen Stone Brothers Racing Stone Brothers Racing FG
11 TBA Kelly Racing Kelly Racing VEII
12 Dean Fiore TBA TBA TBA
14 TBA Brad Jones Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
15 Rick Kelly Kelly Racing Kelly Racing VEII
16 TBA Kelly Racing Kelly Racing VEII
17 Steven Johnson Dick Johnson Racing Triple Eight Race Engineering FG
18 James Moffat Dick Johnson Racing Triple Eight Race Engineering FG
19 Jonathon Webb Tekno Autosports TBA TBA
21 TBA Brad Jones Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
22 James Courtney Walkinshaw Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
30 TBA Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport TBA TBA
33 TBA Garry Rogers Motorsport Garry Rogers Motorsport VEII
34 Michael Caruso Garry Rogers Motorsport Garry Rogers Motorsport VEII
39 TBA TBA TBA TBA
47 Tim Slade Stone Brothers Racing Stone Brothers Racing FG
49 TBA TBA TBA TBA
55 TBA Ford Performance Racing Ford Performance Racing FG
74 Russell Ingall Walkinshaw Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
88 Jamie Whincup Triple Eight Race Engineering Triple Eight Race Engineering VEII
888 Craig Lowndes Triple Eight Race Engineering Triple Eight Race Engineering VEII
Old 14 Nov 2011, 01:09 (Ref:2985947)   #532
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
a list from speedcafe

No. Driver Car Preparation Chassis Model
2 Garth Tander Walkinshaw Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
3 Tony D’Alberto Tony D’Alberto Racing Ford Performance Racing FG
4 Lee Holdsworth Stone Brothers Racing Stone Brothers Racing FG
5 Mark Winterbottom Ford Performance Racing Ford Performance Racing FG
6 Will Davison Ford Performance Racing Ford Performance Racing FG
7 Todd Kelly Kelly Racing Kelly Racing VEII
8 Jason Bright Brad Jones Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
9 Shane van Gisbergen Stone Brothers Racing Stone Brothers Racing FG
11 TBA Kelly Racing Kelly Racing VEII
12 Dean Fiore TBA TBA TBA
14 TBA Brad Jones Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
15 Rick Kelly Kelly Racing Kelly Racing VEII
16 TBA Kelly Racing Kelly Racing VEII
17 Steven Johnson Dick Johnson Racing Triple Eight Race Engineering FG
18 James Moffat Dick Johnson Racing Triple Eight Race Engineering FG
19 Jonathon Webb Tekno Autosports TBA TBA
21 TBA Brad Jones Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
22 James Courtney Walkinshaw Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
30 TBA Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport TBA TBA
33 TBA Garry Rogers Motorsport Garry Rogers Motorsport VEII
34 Michael Caruso Garry Rogers Motorsport Garry Rogers Motorsport VEII
39 TBA TBA TBA TBA
47 Tim Slade Stone Brothers Racing Stone Brothers Racing FG
49 TBA TBA TBA TBA
55 TBA Ford Performance Racing Ford Performance Racing FG
74 Russell Ingall Walkinshaw Racing Walkinshaw Racing VEII
88 Jamie Whincup Triple Eight Race Engineering Triple Eight Race Engineering VEII
888 Craig Lowndes Triple Eight Race Engineering Triple Eight Race Engineering VEII
Surely "Toddler" won't go around again ?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 01:19 (Ref:2985948)   #533
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
yep and he confirmed when he delegated the management to Crennan he will go "atleast until the end of 2013.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 02:38 (Ref:2985971)   #534
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
I don't know about Toddler, but poor old TBA is a busy bloke!
Old 14 Nov 2011, 04:01 (Ref:2985996)   #535
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Garry Rodgers will go with an established driver either Davidson or Owen based on a complete guess. I could see Coulthard at Brad Jones Racing based on the Walkinshaw Chassis. I guess if he still has a contract with Walkinshaw some deal could be arranged.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 04:04 (Ref:2985998)   #536
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My latest round of putting 2+2 together...

I have a funny feeling a deal is going to be struck between the Webbs and the Morris' which will see Morris in the hands of a 888 built FG with which he can take, together with one REC to DJR for them to put a donk into it and run Owen in VIP colours.
Joining Morris/Owen/VIP as a satellite operation at DJR will of course be the Fiore entry with their 888 FG and fresh DJR donk.

The Webb's on the other hand will find themselves with the other PMM REC and two 888 built VE's and will take PMM's place as 888's ugly cousins.

What I cant figure out or get any information on anywhere is who exactly is in line for the second Webb car, and with what cash?

Question marks remain for LDM, though I think there is a highly likely switch to a 888 VE.

David Wall to #21 BJR/Britek?

PS- Don't give me that "Morris would never run a Ford" BS. 1. He wont be "running" it, DJR will. Morris may manage the entry in much the same way Nash manages his at FPR, but that'll be that. 2. Look at the D'Alberto's! 3. It'll probably only be for a year whilst he continues to umm and ahh about what he wants to do next.

Last edited by SJA; 14 Nov 2011 at 04:10.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 04:07 (Ref:2986001)   #537
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by SJA; 14 Nov 2011 at 04:11. Reason: Double post
Old 14 Nov 2011, 05:15 (Ref:2986009)   #538
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Percat at GRM? If Garry wants to contiue with the young talent way then he'd be the perfect fit. Walkinshaw ****ed up big time giving Ingall a seat instead of Percat. I can hear it now "But but but but he needs 1 more year in the development series". Well he'd certainly learn more if he was in the main game...just like Moff is doing atm.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 06:38 (Ref:2986021)   #539
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
Percat at GRM? If Garry wants to contiue with the young talent way then he'd be the perfect fit. Walkinshaw ****ed up big time giving Ingall a seat instead of Percat. I can hear it now "But but but but he needs 1 more year in the development series". Well he'd certainly learn more if he was in the main game...just like Moff is doing atm.
Unlikely to happen.. Mr Percat's soul now belongs to the WP equipe for some period of time... Presumably he will debut in the main game full time in the future (maybe 2013... although a brand new chassis package would be an interesting place to dump a racer still learning his craft..)

Here's hoping the 2012 Fujitsu series program said to be in place for Mr Percat aligns his car more closely to the specification & tuning of the #2 car... then you might see the record laptimes previously achieved in this class (as with when Mr Owen was aboard a GMR Holden) instead of a couple of seconds off.. as is now
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Nov 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2986655)   #540
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well could there be a seat vacant at team modafone?

CLick here
Old 15 Nov 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2986882)   #541
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fabian coulthard to teamboc

Last edited by thunderbolt; 15 Nov 2011 at 20:16.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 22:14 (Ref:2986966)   #542
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
fabian coulthard to teamboc
Story Here

Any announcement about Wilson Security yet?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Nov 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2986969)   #543
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Story Here

Any announcement about Wilson Security yet?
Speedcafe's Regurgitation
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Nov 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2986985)   #544
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One wonders who will sponsor Fabs, but either way BJR could be looking good next year.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 02:19 (Ref:2987051)   #545
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime, AA reports that Mr Reindler shall no longer drive for the Jobri REC in 2012.

There is speculation (not in AA but in the real world...) that Mr Reindler may well be off to Kelly Racing in #16 next season...

Given that Wilson Security is already on the #21 Jobri car to some extent, it wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibility for Mr Coulthard to slot in there...

We shall see
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Nov 2011, 02:55 (Ref:2987060)   #546
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Meantime, AA reports that Mr Reindler shall no longer drive for the Jobri REC in 2012.
so therefore he will???

Quote:
Given that Wilson Security is already on the #21 Jobri car to some extent, it wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibility for Mr Coulthard to slot in there...
will PC end up there also

would be a good fit, and you would think given the way the previous relationship ended, there wouldn't be any bad blood there...
Old 16 Nov 2011, 07:21 (Ref:2987101)   #547
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
At least Mr Coulthard has a sense of humour about things...

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Nov 2011, 08:14 (Ref:2987121)   #548
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Stories out of coffee shops out Sandown way suggest that BOC may become the title sponsor of both the #8 and #14 cars next season. Additional brands may also appear on these cars to complete the final sponsor roster.

The coffee connoisseurs, that may or may not be covered in foamed milk, also suggest that Mr Bargwanna may actually remain with the 'team', moving to the #21 Jobri entry, with his existing Jana Living & Juce Energy backing combining with that car's current Fair Dinkum Sheds support.

It was thought that the current pilot of #21 may have been looking to take his 2011 primary sponsor with him to his much reported 2012 #16 Stratco Racing home, however as FDS is a direct competitor to Stratco, this seems unlikely.

Meantime, the same guys who enjoy a tasty biscotti with their lattes also suggest that GRM shall be announcing soon that Mr A.Davison may be their chosen pilot for 2012. Stories suggest that the pilot is rated by the team, and that the incentive of the Roma Caravans backing virtually funding the driver wages suits the ever cost conscious Mr Rogers down to the ground

Presuming any of this actually happened
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Nov 2011, 00:25 (Ref:2987473)   #549
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
One wonders who will sponsor Fabs, but either way BJR could be looking good next year.
Confirmed as my favourite team.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 08:23 (Ref:2987593)   #550
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So... is Mr Reynolds at his 2012 home...

... or is Mr Holdsworth taking the urine?
#CANCERSUCKS