Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Jul 2012, 15:38 (Ref:3106370)   #526
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Just a server change for ERC24 and the latest two News had gone lost, lads. That GRC story was 100% revived last night. The Austrian retro story is more difficult to find back. So don't worry, be happy!
Ok. Apologize for my negative comment.
Old 15 Jul 2012, 00:24 (Ref:3106493)   #527
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
that was a damn good event, and congrats to travis for getting it done.
Old 15 Jul 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3106773)   #528
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
that was a damn good event, and congrats to travis for getting it done.
Seen the result (doesn't look a good weekend for Subaru ) but not the racing: hopefully will have a full copy to watch tomorrow!
Old 15 Jul 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3106822)   #529
xlr8r
Racer

United States
Boston, Massachusetts
xlr8r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at the race, my first ever rally event after. It seemed to be much better run than the GRC other events so far this year. The crowd that stuck around after the Nationwide race really seemed to enjoy it. Lots of fun, action, and hard racing after the complete snoozefest that was the Nationwide race. The modifieds put on a good show earlier in the day though. Overall a good full day of racing for a resonable general admission price. I ended up not going to ALMS at Lime Rock last weekend, so this made up for it.
Old 17 Jul 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3107701)   #530
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A car crashed into the catch fencing during practice? Im sure i saw this on the ESPN coverage but i only caught the end of it and with no sound.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 01:27 (Ref:3107805)   #531
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
that would be mr ken block
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wObz5v7XsQ
Old 18 Jul 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3107863)   #532
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still haven't sat down and watched the full coverage yet, but I've seen the A Final and it was quite a good race. Not sure on that raised hairpin corner (and the configuration of the jump - but thats already been discussed!), but otherwise it seems like an improvement on the previous circuit layouts.

Good, tidy, drive from Pastrana and nice to see him bounce back from X-Games (where he obviously wasn't too happy!). Not such a good result from Foust again but I see with 1 (now 2?) rounds to go he still retains the lead of the championship:

1. Tanner Foust (Ford Fiesta) 62
2. Samuel Hübinette (Saab 93) 50
3. Brian Deegan (Ford Fiesta) 49
4. Marcus Grönholm (Ford Fiesta) 43
5. David Binks (Ford Fiesta) 41
6. Ken Block (Ford Fiesta) 40
7. Stéphane Verdier (Hyundai Veloster) 39
8. Andy Scott (Saab 93) 38
9. Rhys Millen (Hyundai Veloster) 37
10. Travis Pastrana (Dodge Dart) 34
11. Sverre Isachsen (Subaru Impreza) 31
12. Liam Doran (Citroën C4) 27
13. Dave Mirra (Subaru Impreza) 23
14. Sébastien Loeb (Citroën DS3) 21
15. "Bucky" Lasek (Subaru Impreza) 19
16. Pat Moro (Subaru Impreza) 12
17. David Higgins (Subaru Impreza) 10
18. Toomas Heikkinen (Ford Fiesta) 8
19. Tim Rooney (Subaru Impreza) 4
20. Richard Burton (Subaru Impreza) 3
21. Bryce Menzies (Dodge Dart) 2
22. Filipe Albuquerque (Dodge Dart) 1
23. Jimmy Keeney (Subaru Impreza) 0

(Results table care of ERC24 )

Was expecting to see Deegan in the top 3 of the championship, but Hübinette in the unexpected surprise. I wonder if Gronholm will be back for the last events?
Old 23 Jul 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3110265)   #533
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Excuse the double post, but I finally got to watch the full coverage of Round 4 at the weekend. Have to say that the racing seemed better again and there were a couple of really good racing moments in the event.

Interesting to watch the Subarus in some of the heats, the car looked fast at times, it was just in the corners where it seemed to be dropping back (especially so for Mirra). I really hope that Isachsen can pull it all together and someone from the Subaru team can get a decent result with the car this year.

Final observation: Jen Horsey. Really irritiating. I thought, given the time she has spent in rally and rallycross, that she would be pretty knowledgable on the subject: her commentary is full of errors though and seems to get worse with every event she appears in. Sort her out ESPN!
Old 23 Jul 2012, 15:51 (Ref:3110374)   #534
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
they're adding another round at fontana on indycar weekend.

gonna be run in the parking lot so they can set down lots of dirt and such.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3110415)   #535
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Just a server change for ERC24 and the latest two News had gone lost, lads. That GRC story was 100% revived last night. The Austrian retro story is more difficult to find back. So don't worry, be happy!
Just tell JKR to stop playing with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Server change! That's good Eddi last couple of events website has gone down very frustrating waiting on our Lads reports.. Back to first for news
Very popular website, hence probably why the guys have had to beef up the server to take the hammering its been getting lately, its a tribute to the sucsess of the website.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 23 Jul 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3110533)   #536
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Cryos;3110415]Just tell JKR to stop playing with it

Jan is ever a perfectionist you seen his Pictures lately! You always know when JKR is in town
What with "RS" QBA and err? EL they are definately the best website by far!!!

Yes I am Biased!
Old 23 Jul 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3110545)   #537
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
i love erc24.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3117272)   #538
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ORTS/120809897

VW to join in 2013.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3117304)   #539
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just hope they can manage all of this growth well otherwise it will be like the Mickey Thompson Stadium Series in the 1980's that burned brightly for a few years and then faded fast.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3117327)   #540
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I just hope they can manage all of this growth well otherwise it will be like the Mickey Thompson Stadium Series in the 1980's that burned brightly for a few years and then faded fast.
Speaking of which (and slightly off topic), have you seen a very similar series to the Mickey Thompson Stadium Series is coming next year?...

http://stadiumsupertrucks.com/sst/
Old 7 Aug 2012, 23:31 (Ref:3117353)   #541
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Speaking of which (and slightly off topic), have you seen a very similar series to the Mickey Thompson Stadium Series is coming next year?...

http://stadiumsupertrucks.com/sst/
No I haven't, thanks for pointing it out. Looks pretty good.

Years ago I was totally into circuit racing, but as that has gotten boring over time, I've grown more interested in off road type events and this looks like a crowd pleaser. I'll definitely be down for going to one of those events.
Old 8 Aug 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3117514)   #542
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
No I haven't, thanks for pointing it out. Looks pretty good.
No worries! All I've seen of the Mickey Thompson series is the various clips on You Tube. I don't normally think motorsport contained within a stadium works that well, but the Mickey Thompson series seemed to be one of the few exceptions.

The first press blurb I saw for the Super Stadium Trucks referenced the Mickey Thompson series, so it immediately caught my eye.
Old 10 Aug 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3118323)   #543
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the FIA wants to kill of the GRC apparently?

Ignoring the whole jump gap farce, the FIA could of worked with the teams, the drivers and the people interested and helped to bring rallycross in the USA to the same level as Europe without the silly gimmicks. Just take the racing and the tracks of the ERC, bring in the branding style of the GRC to bring it closer to the fans and keep it so that people can freely enter what they please with out red tape. It's like any chance of moving things forward is dashed by over inflated egos!
Old 10 Aug 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3118330)   #544
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
If that happens for sure ERC drivers will go GRC only...
Old 10 Aug 2012, 16:15 (Ref:3118405)   #545
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Looks like the FIA wants to kill of the GRC apparently?

Ignoring the whole jump gap farce, the FIA could of worked with the teams, the drivers and the people interested and helped to bring rallycross in the USA to the same level as Europe without the silly gimmicks. Just take the racing and the tracks of the ERC, bring in the branding style of the GRC to bring it closer to the fans and keep it so that people can freely enter what they please with out red tape. It's like any chance of moving things forward is dashed by over inflated egos!
There does appear to be an agenda at the FIA of seemingly wanting to dominate World Motor Sport since Todt arrived. You either all work together for the good of the sport, except the fact its competition and get on with it and do what they seem to be trying to do and crush everything in their path. Just have to hope this latest rumour is not true and just a rumour.
Old 10 Aug 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3118504)   #546
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yesterday's News: http://old.erc24.com/Default.asp?Show=News&c=0&ID=1802

"Jalopnik Exclusive Rumours"...
Old 20 Aug 2012, 05:18 (Ref:3121940)   #547
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Block ran at Rally America and WRC at the same time. The FIA didn't seem to care then. That means that they consider GRX a serious threat.

GRX should get SCCA or USAC sanctioning, or else join the ACCUS. They would be really stupid if they refused.
Old 20 Aug 2012, 11:01 (Ref:3122036)   #548
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I am not sure EU laws allow FIA to block drivers to do their job.

If there's a reason to block drivers to compete in GRC it is safety.
Old 20 Aug 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3122237)   #549
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this is the case ,can someone please say why do erc need FIA ,i only watch cars ,to me all they have done is kill most motorsports with there health and safety **** ,i am up for making things safe but not to take the spectacle away from what was a 100% adrenalin sport ,now its just a watered down version with less driver action ,i am sure if we had a bit more of the 90,s rules and regs and a bit less electronic stuff i am sure the spectators would flood back ,same as touring cars used to be good now very slow cars only way to get past is banger tac tics .i hope the drivers take a stand here and tell the FIA where to go, there cars money etc they do what they feel is best .
Old 20 Aug 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3122272)   #550
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Because otherwise they can't use the European Championship title and to some people (mainly in Europe) the FIA label gives the series more credibility. See for example Stephane Ratel and his FIA GT1/GT3 series and KSO/Eurosport and their ETCC/WTCC.