Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Oct 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3321676)   #526
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Thank you all very much! Please stay tuned in the Falken thread for our blog that will show our journey of this incredible weekend. Thank you all for the support. It's truly overwhelming. Fans were crying at the podium, to see us up there. Truly incredible.
Kelly, I missed the autograph session on Friday, but stopped by the paddock after qualifying to see if anyone was around to say hi and saw you heading into the trailer. Just missed you! I had my 4 year old daughter with me, but luckily she and my son got to meet Wolf and Bryan at the Mall of GA the previous weekend. Just wanted to say thanks to you and Team Falken Tire for being so fan-friendly, and for putting on an amazing display of teamwork and heart at Petit Le Mans. I won't ever forget this race. I was watching the end from Spectator Hill and my heart sank when Nick ran off in the esses with only a few laps to go, but I was elated when he came around the next time by still in front of the #56 BMW! I don't think I've ever been more excited for a team to win. This was just a spectacular victory.

I have not really been loyal to any one team in the ALMS, because I loved the racing and what the different teams had to offer. Since I joined Ten-Tenths this year after americanlemansfans.com shut down, I've really grown to appreciate Team Falken Tire through what you do on this forum and other social media. I wish you all the best next year! You've got another big fan right here!
Old 22 Oct 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3321685)   #527
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousdave79 View Post
Photos from the weekend here.
LOVE those night+wet photos... mmmm blue backfire flames from the Viper.

As for the points standings... I have actually given up paying attention to who wins the ALMS class championships, no joke. It requires the mental prowess of a Feynman or Hawking to keep track of which cars are eligible for points vs. podiums vs. finishes vs. not (Deltawing, anyone?), and even if you get that all sorted out (did Guasch win the PC championship?), they still screw it up in the awards ceremony.

I give up. Roll on TUSCC. There, I said it. At least we can hope for less of a circus of monkeys when it comes to figuring out who won what.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3321686)   #528
K2theBru
Rookie

K2theBru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownj View Post
Kelly, I missed the autograph session on Friday, but stopped by the paddock after qualifying to see if anyone was around to say hi and saw you heading into the trailer. Just missed you! I had my 4 year old daughter with me, but luckily she and my son got to meet Wolf and Bryan at the Mall of GA the previous weekend. Just wanted to say thanks to you and Team Falken Tire for being so fan-friendly, and for putting on an amazing display of teamwork and heart at Petit Le Mans. I won't ever forget this race. I was watching the end from Spectator Hill and my heart sank when Nick ran off in the esses with only a few laps to go, but I was elated when he came around the next time by still in front of the #56 BMW! I don't think I've ever been more excited for a team to win. This was just a spectacular victory.

I have not really been loyal to any one team in the ALMS, because I loved the racing and what the different teams had to offer. Since I joined Ten-Tenths this year after americanlemansfans.com shut down, I've really grown to appreciate Team Falken Tire through what you do on this forum and other social media. I wish you all the best next year! You've got another big fan right here!
Wow. Thank you very much for the kind words. Falken is an amazing team and I'm lucky to work with a company that supports the vision of giving back to the fans. It truly is a team effort. Sorry we didn't get to meet at the race! Thanks so much for the support. One way or another, I'll be around at the races next year (now don't everyone start reading into that for Falken--still no comment) so be sure to wave me down next time!

As for Nick going off course...We all crapped our pants with that one. I don't think I'm allowed to say here what words went through our heads.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3321694)   #529
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2theBru View Post
Wow. Thank you very much for the kind words. Falken is an amazing team and I'm lucky to work with a company that supports the vision of giving back to the fans. It truly is a team effort. Sorry we didn't get to meet at the race! Thanks so much for the support. One way or another, I'll be around at the races next year (now don't everyone start reading into that for Falken--still no comment) so be sure to wave me down next time!

As for Nick going off course...We all crapped our pants with that one. I don't think I'm allowed to say here what words went through our heads.
Kelly, any prospects of being at the big 24h race at Le Mans next year for any of your clients? Maybe giving us European fans a way of thanking you in person for what you're doing for everyone.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3321709)   #530
K2theBru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Kelly, any prospects of being at the big 24h race at Le Mans next year for any of your clients? Maybe giving us European fans a way of thanking you in person for what you're doing for everyone.
Hm. Tricky question. Right now, I'll have to go with a no comment on that one. However, which ever of my teams/drivers do decide to run there, it will be unlikely they'll front the bill to send a PR rep to go. Most unfortunately work it stateside. We'll see Maybe we start a "Send Kelly to Le Mans" fund?
Old 22 Oct 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3321712)   #531
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kelly, it was great seeing you in the paddock on Thursday and Congrats to the team and crew on the victory. I was in the 10 A-B watching when Nick went straight, even though it was on the video screen, a collective "oh no!" went up from the crowd.

Also, Justin really enjoyed winning the Twitter contest and the ride in the Vitesse Porsche.

One of the greatest races I have ever seen.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3321720)   #532
StarkNaked
Rookie

United States
West Seattle, WA USA
StarkNaked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousdave79 View Post
Photos from the weekend here.
HI Dave! I sure wish I could have joined all of you that were at the race. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Cheers! Chris
Old 22 Oct 2013, 16:47 (Ref:3321724)   #533
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Maybe we start a "Send Kelly to Le Mans" fund?
A "Get Kelly to the Ten-Tenths Saturday Le Mans Cheese and Wine Tasting Session" fundraiser. Which is what the meet-up this year ended up being...
Old 22 Oct 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3321749)   #534
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Had a few requests over the weekend, so thanks to Delta Wing, I've been able to release a wallpaper of the 15 Champions of the ALMS which was on the nose of the Delta Wing at Petit. Portrait and Landscape Wallpapers available.

Thank you to everyone who has supported, downloaded, twatted or Facebooked the Ten-Tenths supported ALMS Spotter Guides during the past six years. Its massively appreciated.

Hope to be back for TUSC for 2014, waiting on that one.

Download the wallpaper (three different sizes) over at http://www.andyblackmoredesign.com/latest/
Old 22 Oct 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3321751)   #535
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really hoping this race is made available on DVD.

No broadcast up on ALMS YouTube yet, either.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3321763)   #536
K2theBru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
No broadcast up on ALMS YouTube yet, either.
The endurance races always take a few days to get up on YouTube. Not to mention being the last one, there's a lot of other things for them to tackle first. Don't worry, it'll be up soon!
Old 22 Oct 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3321769)   #537
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The endurance races always take a few days to get up on YouTube. Not to mention being the last one, there's a lot of other things for them to tackle first. Don't worry, it'll be up soon!
I hope so! Can't wait to re-watch it!

Maybe you can answer a question I had.
At the gate, we were handed a Media guide. It had a lot of info in it, like addresses and phone numbers for team shops and phone numbers for PR people.
I can see why sponsors could use that info, but why would average fans like me and my dad and brothers need it?
Old 22 Oct 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3321772)   #538
K2theBru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Maybe you can answer a question I had.
At the gate, we were handed a "Media guide". It had a lot of info in it, like addresses and phone numbers for team shops and phone numbers for PR people.
I can see why sponsors could use that info, but why would average fans like me and my dad and brothers need it?
Woah. No idea. I don't know about others, but I personally don't like that info being available to the public. Nothing against race fans, but every now and then you get the superfans who get your personal/professional info and take full advantage of it and cross the line with unannounced visits, texts, calls, gifts, etc.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3321820)   #539
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Woah. No idea. I don't know about others, but I personally don't like that info being available to the public. Nothing against race fans, but every now and then you get the superfans who get your personal/professional info and take full advantage of it and cross the line with unannounced visits, texts, calls, gifts, etc.
I wondered if that might be the case. Thought you should know about it.

Sorry for not bringing it to your attention when I talked to you at the track.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3321836)   #540
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Had a few requests over the weekend, so thanks to Delta Wing, I've been able to release a wallpaper of the 15 Champions of the ALMS which was on the nose of the Delta Wing at Petit. Portrait and Landscape Wallpapers available.]
Nicely done. Congratulations and thank you!
Old 22 Oct 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3321862)   #541
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Had a few requests over the weekend, so thanks to Delta Wing, I've been able to release a wallpaper of the 15 Champions of the ALMS which was on the nose of the Delta Wing at Petit. Portrait and Landscape Wallpapers available.

Thank you to everyone who has supported, downloaded, twatted or Facebooked the Ten-Tenths supported ALMS Spotter Guides during the past six years. Its massively appreciated.

Download the wallpaper (three different sizes) over at http://www.andyblackmoredesign.com/latest/
beautifull pic, but you should switch for R10 TDI as 2006 ALMS season champion, R8 FSI was used only for 3 three races after sebring.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3321937)   #542
StarkNaked
Rookie

United States
West Seattle, WA USA
StarkNaked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Andy, hopefully next year we will see more of the great spotter guides! (I have my wall planner in front of me right now!) I also just printed out the Au revoir poster.

Thanks and Cheers!
Old 23 Oct 2013, 00:53 (Ref:3321956)   #543
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another great race, hugely entertaining. It was cool to see the cars driving in the changing conditions that turned into a gorgeous evening. Plus, Falken won GT... how cool is that?

And to those that were concerned about the stock cars running... I really hope they can find space for them to come back. That was a great, clean race that could only be appreciated by standing close to the track.

It was also nice to meet those of you that stopped by the impromptu tenths meeting.

Quote:

The thanks go to you Andy. I love to look at it but it is indispensable for the newbies we bring along.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3322029)   #544
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
beautifull pic, but you should switch for R10 TDI as 2006 ALMS season champion, R8 FSI was used only for 3 three races after sebring.
We wanted to showcase significant cars though, so we have the Crocodile R8 from Adelaide the 06 R8 with all the driver and circuit winners and the rebuilt HPD with the carbon tub
Old 23 Oct 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3322031)   #545
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkNaked View Post
Thanks Andy, hopefully next year we will see more of the great spotter guides! (I have my wall planner in front of me right now!) I also just printed out the Au revoir poster.

Thanks and Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The thanks go to you Andy. I love to look at it but it is indispensable for the newbies we bring along.

Thanks. Currently waiting on the decision from the new series, so fingers crossed.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3322100)   #546
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Looks nice. Could you also make one from the GT cars?
Old 23 Oct 2013, 14:28 (Ref:3322138)   #547
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Twatted"?

Seriously though, brilliant job as always Andy. Thanks once again for all the years of wonderful ALMS spotter guides. Hope you can continue with TUSCC.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3322198)   #548
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
We wanted to showcase significant cars though, so we have the Crocodile R8 from Adelaide the 06 R8 with all the driver and circuit winners and the rebuilt HPD with the carbon tub
That was really cool seeing those on the nose of the DeltaWing. Hope you get to do the guides for TUSC. They're really great for autograph sessions.
Old 24 Oct 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3322615)   #549
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DVDs of the final Petit Le Mans are now available for purchase at alms.com: http://bit.ly/1a9SpX0
Old 24 Oct 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3322644)   #550
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
DVDs of the final Petit Le Mans are now available for purchase at alms.com: http://bit.ly/1a9SpX0
Thanks!
That race DVD is a "must own".