Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 10 Nov 2019, 06:00 (Ref:3939635)   #5601
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I’m awake Sunday morning at 5 30 am .Hang on I don’t have to get up to go motor racing , Pooring with rain so nice cup of tea and back to bed ..Will,if we have helped you along the way this year then that’s a very good thing . You have taken advice from some of us and your posting has much improved and you have posted some nice and informative words . Your next step is to pluck up courage and come and say hello in person at race meetings next year . I know you have been at a couple this year that I have been racing or working at . No one will ever turn you away . You have a great passion for historic motor sport and if this helps you it can only be a good thing .,. Why not look around for a go kart you could restore . You enjoy racing so take this to the next level . Tough old world out there lot to learn but but you will be fine .
Old 10 Nov 2019, 07:03 (Ref:3939639)   #5602
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
What about E.B sending the sound from his mobile phone?
Will a link do? A choice of several, some shorter some longer, all on this page under the heading "For your listening pleasure"

Having said that I thought the V16 was BRM type 30, but happy to be corrected. Maybe the '30' is just an updated version of the '15' as the V16 was around for a few years?

http://www.billzilla.org/engread.htm

Last edited by E.B; 10 Nov 2019 at 07:13.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3939648)   #5603
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
I very much rely on you in this matter too, E.B! I didn't feel necessary to upload the official "affiche" but there's something really shocking… The choice of the brand and model is OK but photoshop didn't help imo!
The farm tractor Porsche café Type P312 looks great!

PS: Where were you during the fantasmagorique and expiadelilicious quizz signed by bauble?

Last edited by Gerard C; 10 Nov 2019 at 08:10.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3939651)   #5604
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Ah, but young people can have heart attacks too.

Not so much 20s, though not unheard of. But certainly 40s and 50s.
Not of mention strokes of course. Yes we can all suffer a tragic illness or a sudden death but it's also good t9 know that at the Time of the "MOT" we were healthy.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3939656)   #5605
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Well after probably some of the worst couple of days and continue to be mental health wise I went to Brands for the last meeting of the year for me for the Britcar Night race.

Great experience. Was quite surreal seeing David Brabham driving a Brabham BT62 along the Brabham Straight. The car was mega, sounds a bit like a Aussie V8 with some awesome back fire. It duly won the race.

Relatively small meeting but was lovely ( although personally overshadowed by my own health) to see some club racing again. Was some great battles in the Saloons and Minis espescially in the rain. Having never seen Night raving at Brands it was quite surreal to see. Another event ticked off.

Seen everything from a 1920s Pre War Alfa to a 2019 Brabham.
Been a great year racing wise for me with 16 days at events across 13 events.

Now onto the WEC 4 Hours at 3 am tomorrow morning .

Thankyou everybody this year, been a pleasure talking about the various meetings wih you all throughout. Just wished I could have met more of you in person. Been a tough year but this small bit of internet has really helped through the tough times.

Cheers
Will
Glad you've enjoyed the experience & banter of we oldies, Will. I very much agree with your last comment - TT is a great place to be & helped me enormously through some tough times in rather different circumstances.

As Delta says, do go & say 'hello' to him if you are ever at the same event. You couldn't hope to meet a nicer, more friendly bloke - & he'll probably very quickly find something for you to do!!
Old 10 Nov 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3939696)   #5606
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Glad you've enjoyed the experience & banter of we oldies, Will. I very much agree with your last comment - TT is a great place to be & helped me enormously through some tough times in rather different circumstances.

As Delta says, do go & say 'hello' to him if you are ever at the same event. You couldn't hope to meet a nicer, more friendly bloke - & he'll probably very quickly find something for you to do!!
Yeaaa "make the tea"
Old 10 Nov 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3939701)   #5607
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post

Will, I totally agree with John.... I met Iain for the first time at Phillip Island this year, other than a couple of PMs prior. Three days later I had made a great friend who I felt I had known for years and had pleasure introducing to others. Very welcoming and a pleasure to meet. Just feed him croissants and chicken sandwiches!
(Im sure others here are equally welcoming to 'one of the fold'.)
Old 10 Nov 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3939704)   #5608
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
My mate (who's other half bought him a subscription to Autosport) tells me that after recent issues bearing a cover price of (I think) £10.95 and there having been an announcement that in future it would become online-only, the latest edition is back to the £3.95 price and there is a notice that plans have changed and physical issues will be retained.......

So that's probably his Xmas present sorted for his girlfriend
Old 10 Nov 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3939709)   #5609
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
My mate (who's other half bought him a subscription to Autosport) tells me that after recent issues bearing a cover price of (I think) £10.95 and there having been an announcement that in future it would become online-only, the latest edition is back to the £3.95 price and there is a notice that plans have changed and physical issues will be retained.......
There’s an extremely long and drawn out thread in armchair enthusiast on the very subject, if you have an afternoon to spare......
Old 10 Nov 2019, 14:47 (Ref:3939715)   #5610
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I see from FB it’s our very good friend from Germany birthday today . Happy Birthday Rudolf . 😀
Old 10 Nov 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3939724)   #5611
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I see from FB it’s our very good friend from Germany birthday today . Happy Birthday Rudolf . 😀
alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Rudolf! (That’s according to google translate- sincere apologies if not correct..... )
Old 10 Nov 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3939726)   #5612
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’m awake Sunday morning at 5 30 am .Hang on I don’t have to get up to go motor racing , Pooring with rain so nice cup of tea and back to bed ..Will,if we have helped you along the way this year then that’s a very good thing . You have taken advice from some of us and your posting has much improved and you have posted some nice and informative words . Your next step is to pluck up courage and come and say hello in person at race meetings next year . I know you have been at a couple this year that I have been racing or working at . No one will ever turn you away . You have a great passion for historic motor sport and if this helps you it can only be a good thing .,. Why not look around for a go kart you could restore . You enjoy racing so take this to the next level . Tough old world out there lot to learn but but you will be fine .
You and others certainly have .

Cheers for the nice words

I am currently restoring one, as its 20 years old and my dads I don't have much of an idea. We already know what series we'd run it in. We've got the parts for it just its taken quite a long time to get it done although we hope to finish it in the next couple of months. Career wise I've moved away from Engineering to at the moment bugger all. The course and career was not for me. We have a lathe and other stuff as he used to race sidecars so still has all the kit (albeit ancient looking).

I have done some kart races with some good results, on a Practice day I'm now amongst the top 3 to 5 and once got the fastest lap in a race which certainly was a surprise.

I do the Buckmore Park Hire Karts which are certainly competitive but haven't done one for a while now. Had other things and issues to sort out to get time to do one.

Have been thinking of doing the dual races with someone, maybe from here as my dad says he's past it.

It certainly is, unfortunately I cover most of it up on here but it nearly has broken me now as a person.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3939739)   #5613
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Will someone here already told you, we all have/had ups and downs. What seems horrible today will just move to the experience file tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day, never give up. Look forward, a happy day is coming.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3939740)   #5614
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Rudolf, my translator gave the same as Mike's. So, Joyeux et heureux anniversaire Ã* vous et longue vie aux courses de voitures historiques!
Old 10 Nov 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3939745)   #5615
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy birthday Rudolph. May we always be friends and be able to disagree amicably.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3939759)   #5616
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Will someone here already told you, we all have/had ups and downs. What seems horrible today will just move to the experience file tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day, never give up. Look forward, a happy day is coming.
Unfortunately with depression you can't. It's impossible to describe and explain.

I'm currently on medication and getting help on it as its not just a blip or small period but has lasted now for years and is getting worse.

BUT thank you for the kind words .

As this is a Motorsport forum I'll leave it at that for now as cautious about how much I say.

Will.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3939810)   #5617
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed Rudolph, another year older, I hope you are richer and wiser as well. I will post a special Rudernst set of pictures tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Bauble.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3939898)   #5618
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just watching Oz Superbike races from Phillip Island. Boy, how I’d love to race on that circuit.

Thinking hat on......
Old 11 Nov 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3939919)   #5619
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just watching Oz Superbike races from Phillip Island. Boy, how I’d love to race on that circuit.

Thinking hat on......
On a superbike? Wow! Go for it Mike.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3939924)   #5620
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UinGbUkWjs
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3939925)   #5621
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
On a superbike? Wow! Go for it Mike.
Anything.....
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3939926)   #5622
bauble
Veteran

England
A day late, but …..
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9435.JPG   IMG_0279.JPG   IMG_4761.JPG  

IMG_6828.JPG   IMG_1536.JPG   IMG_6743.JPG  

Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3939935)   #5623
bauble
Veteran

England
And there's more...………..
Attached Thumbnails
JPEG Image (52332).jpg   IMG_1934.JPG   IMG_2031.JPG  

IMG_1894.JPG  
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3939937)   #5624
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just out of my curiosity, "Mailleke", how do you intend to adjust a pair of sliders on your knickers, please?

Happy birthday again but why a Lotus?
Old 11 Nov 2019, 15:14 (Ref:3939961)   #5625
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Well after probably some of the worst couple of days and continue to be mental health wise I went to Brands for the last meeting of the year for me for the Britcar Night race.

Great experience. Was quite surreal seeing David Brabham driving a Brabham BT62 along the Brabham Straight. The car was mega, sounds a bit like a Aussie V8 with some awesome back fire. It duly won the race.

Relatively small meeting but was lovely ( although personally overshadowed by my own health) to see some club racing again. Was some great battles in the Saloons and Minis espescially in the rain. Having never seen Night raving at Brands it was quite surreal to see. Another event ticked off.

Seen everything from a 1920s Pre War Alfa to a 2019 Brabham.
Been a great year racing wise for me with 16 days at events across 13 events.

Now onto the WEC 4 Hours at 3 am tomorrow morning .

Thankyou everybody this year, been a pleasure talking about the various meetings wih you all throughout. Just wished I could have met more of you in person. Been a tough year but this small bit of internet has really helped through the tough times.

Cheers
Will
Glad you enjoyed Brands Will, and well done for opening up about your problems. Keep fighting your demons and keep posting on here. I do say that this bunch are the best friends I've ever had that I've never met! (So beat me to that as well Will, go and say hello to some of them when you can!)