Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 2014, 00:18 (Ref:3373400)   #5776
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
To be fair, MRN covering stockcar races is awesome.
Unfortunately for everyone this is a sportscar race.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 00:36 (Ref:3373408)   #5777
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Unfortunately for everyone this is a sportscar race.
Yes, but said person was complaining about having to deal with MRN during a NASCAR Busch race.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 02:08 (Ref:3373434)   #5778
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danske View Post
So not as good as SPEED might have had, but better (IMO) than just an hour highlight show on ABC/ESPN, which is what the ALMS had for a year or two, IIRC, as far as live television goes.
Yeah but back then we had live internet streaming for the entire race with Hindy & Co
Old 1 Mar 2014, 02:30 (Ref:3373441)   #5779
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This nightmare keeps getting worse than we even thought. A NASCAB yellow at Daytona, a DP likely winning Sebring due to BS rules and now 9 hours of MRN… What a slap in the face. Evidently us fans know we don't count.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3373444)   #5780
juki
Rookie

juki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the Fox broadcast team, not MRN, doing the IMSA.com stream. And it will also be available globally. Plus the Conti race will be streamed live also!

Source: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/s...ule-announced/
Old 1 Mar 2014, 03:17 (Ref:3373446)   #5781
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
So looks as if the coverage schedules have been released in a recent TUDOR video on youtube.

First 3 hours of the race will be covered on Fox Sports 1 from 10:00 AM EST to 1:00 PM EST. And the remainder of the race will be covered on IMSA.com's live stream service. And you know what that means, 9 hours of MRN crrrraaaaaappp for the remainder of the race.

http://youtu.be/yLSyyRSOmp4?t=2m18s
Well............damn!

Looks like I shouldn't have asked for that day off of work.what a stupid dumb move, yea I'll take my alms on espn3 Xbox app in hd back.no way is this good for the series,teams,and fans!

I guess not even good enough for fs2,didn't know college basket ball and UFC were that big.thats all really going on now.

Man I was really trying to support this series but man, it's one thing after the other!they are blowing the two most important opportunities really quick.

Last edited by Lagunaseca_4life; 1 Mar 2014 at 03:24.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 03:37 (Ref:3373451)   #5782
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not quite March and we got a bunch of people jumping off cliffs.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 03:53 (Ref:3373453)   #5783
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
It's the Fox broadcast team, not MRN, doing the IMSA.com stream. And it will also be available globally. Plus the Conti race will be streamed live also!

Source: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/s...ule-announced/
This is good news, at least for us fans who do not subscribe to cable television.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 04:13 (Ref:3373458)   #5784
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post

I guess not even good enough for fs2,didn't know college basket ball and UFC were that big.thats all really going on now.
Seriously? College basketball is carried by the four major networks and all ESPN channels, and that fight crap is on every sport channel. Those sports are way more popular on TV, and (college b-ball, for sure) in person than sports car racing.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 1 Mar 2014, 04:48 (Ref:3373465)   #5785
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Not quite March and we got a bunch of people jumping off cliffs.
Let them.

Good riddance.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 04:49 (Ref:3373467)   #5786
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Seriously? College basketball is carried by the four major networks and all ESPN channels, and that fight crap is on every sport channel. Those sports are way more popular on TV, and (college b-ball, for sure) in person than sports car racing.
Breath In.......out......ok I'm better now

I don't watch that stuff so don't know how popular it is,at least not here in my town.figured no BIG ball sports in March for FOX to screw over sebring with,but I guess I had my hopes to high.

Only positive is that it won't be on fs2(if that's a positive for the series?) and I will be able to watch online....
Old 1 Mar 2014, 04:56 (Ref:3373470)   #5787
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
You've never heard of March Madness? The biggest college basketball tournament in the country, that has taken place every March since 1939?
Old 1 Mar 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3373471)   #5788
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Uhh I'm sure I've seen a few commercials for it or something, but around here its nothing big just like the hockey cup thingy.

Here football,baseball,soccer,and NASCAR rules all.people find my first choice of sports strange.come to think of it, if my uncle would of never took me to laguna seca I would of never got into racing and I'd probably be obsessed with that fantasy football thing.....
Old 1 Mar 2014, 11:54 (Ref:3373593)   #5789
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Well chalk me up as one who says great news; feel a bit like the locals are getting screwed as MotorsTV just became free in the UK and it seems they'll have RLM commentary AND I can watch the live stream instead if I prefer (which I likely will).

Either way, great for here and the region/subscription-free stream is great for all IMO. Hope some more rounds are covered this way.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3373613)   #5790
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully they won't be as relentless with the ads on the livestream at least.

The news isn't good for the overall visibility of the series but if nothing else the hardcore fans can all at least watch the 12 hours - providing the streaming experience is good enough.

I think people who expected Fox Sports to devote 12 hours of coverage to the race were dreaming if I'm honest. But it certainly could have been better.

Happy I live in the UK right now.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3373636)   #5791
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
does anybody remember who the fox announcers are? If Varsha is on there I think it is a win for the fans, he is one of the best. Plus throw in some of the usual sportscar folks and this stream should work out fine for me.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3373644)   #5792
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Well chalk me up as one who says great news; feel a bit like the locals are getting screwed as MotorsTV just became free in the UK and it seems they'll have RLM commentary AND I can watch the live stream instead if I prefer (which I likely will).
People at Sebring are screwed unless they have an AM radio or mobile internet connection with unlimited data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
does anybody remember who the fox announcers are? If Varsha is on there I think it is a win for the fans, he is one of the best. Plus throw in some of the usual sportscar folks and this stream should work out fine for me.
I believe it was Bobby V, Dorsey, Fish and J Bell. It's fine.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3373650)   #5793
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are on this forum, then you have internet. So watching the 12 hours of Sebring live should not be a problem. Even for me as a chord cutter, I'll get by the first 3 hours in some way shape or form. I'm not worried. With the Fox sports 2 replay on Sunday night. I guess we won't see the race on youtube posted until Monday night at best. I hope that they stick to their 24 hours promise this time with getting the replay up. The key will be the execution of the race particularly from whoever the race commentators will be for the online coverage (i'm guessing the fox folks will do it) and the race officials of course. We don't want a safety car fest ok IMSA!

Bottom line: I assume IMSA officials you are smart people. Keep this simple motto in mind: The less full course yellow time, the better the race will be.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3373673)   #5794
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
People at Sebring are screwed unless they have an AM radio or mobile internet connection with unlimited data.
And listen to MRN? Not on my nelly.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 1 Mar 2014 at 16:40.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 1 Mar 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3373677)   #5795
Ken_T
Rookie

United States
Texas
Ken_T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think some people are missing the point. If you are a hardcore fan you will find a way to watch. Whether that is live or a rebroadcast you watch on YouTube or download.

I think its the sponsors that will be more concerned. They are not going to get any casual fan opportunities. Anyone flipping channels and seeing the race and saying "Cool here is Sebring". They will see this as lost value for their sponsorship dollars. Will that affect sponsorship this season? Possibly depending on the contract. Will it affect next year? Very likely as now the return will not be as strong for the dollars they spend. They will assume the worse for TV package as the truth is they will not know until 2 weeks before the race when the yearlong deals are signed in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the prior year.

Let's face it. The long races cost a ton of money. Without the sponsors, there is no way this equation works. Look at Shank. He just announced a new sponsor for this race. That means he is actively looking for sponsorship deals to keep his operation going. He doesn't have the luxury of a full year deal like Ganassi or even ESM. He has to hit the bricks and get deals by the race or by packaging several together.

For the big picture, this is not good.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3373679)   #5796
Ken_T
Rookie

United States
Texas
Ken_T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS Is anyone having problems getting this site to load? I have to hit the refresh button several times to get a thread to load. Weird.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3373682)   #5797
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
And listen to MRN? No fu**ing way.
That is surely your prerogative. I would prefer to have some information rather than none.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3373684)   #5798
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTLM is just as “BoP’ed” as GT3 now. No point to keep those categories separate anymore. IMSA should do something radical (in a good way) and invite full spec GT3 cars in this category starting next year. All pro, open tire, keep their ABS/traction control. And of course BoP since it already there.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3373693)   #5799
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That is surely your prerogative. I would prefer to have some information rather than none.
It is. I refuse to listen to that drivel...I'll get more information on my own.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 1 Mar 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3373695)   #5800
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
It is. I refuse to listen to that drivel...I'll get more information on my own.
Good for you.
Closed Thread