Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Oct 2014, 05:36 (Ref:3468176)   #5826
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I believe Graham may be referring to the return of RAM he mentioned in an article earlier today?

I can't believe I didn't think of that :lol:
Old 25 Oct 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3468340)   #5827
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I believe Graham may be referring to the return of RAM he mentioned in an article earlier today?
Not sure if RAM Racing can be classified as 'favorite' or "high profile"... also where would this high funding suddenly come for broken team that has also got rid of it's existing cars
Old 25 Oct 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3468356)   #5828
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is a Ford announcement coming? Or jag?
Old 25 Oct 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3468363)   #5829
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Not sure if RAM Racing can be classified as 'favorite' or "high profile"... also where would this high funding suddenly come for broken team that has also got rid of it's existing cars
It still has the cars, as per the DSC story about Dubai, but they are for sale (probably a lot of GTE Ferraris on the market and few prospective buyers though).

However, it also mentions that the team were originally hoping for a Blancpain GT campaign but were either certainly ruling it out or considering it unlikely. So I find it unlikely that it would be them.

Graff is certainly possible but there are no shortage of names I could see on this list; too many good teams have dropped out in recent years!
Old 26 Oct 2014, 17:41 (Ref:3468762)   #5830
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My spanish is not so good but my wife work in Spain and made me the translation… so it goes like this:

The President of Bentley told that after the denied F1 Rumors about Audi, and the fact that VW Group works different from the others, VW Group is contemplating a GTE version of the Continental….

http://www.motorpasionf1.com/world-e...de-resistencia

In German:

http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-14102301.html

Last edited by gustavobamba; 26 Oct 2014 at 17:57.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3468766)   #5831
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Didn't they recently deny a GTE programme and say they weren't interested in racing for class wins?

I can't keep up...
Old 26 Oct 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3468767)   #5832
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bentley.

It seems like there are plenty of marques out there interested in the WEC and Le Mans. Bentley, Ford, Honda, McLaren, Jaguar have all been rumoured to have been assessing GTE programmes, which are either yet to come to fruition or shelved for some reason (e.g. hybrid Honda NSX)

Would be good to see as many of them as possible give a bit more diversity to the WEC GTE ranks. Maybe BMW will enter their upcoming M6 too.

Wishful thinking!
Old 26 Oct 2014, 19:01 (Ref:3468779)   #5833
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Didn't they recently deny a GTE programme and say they weren't interested in racing for class wins?

I can't keep up...
Sounds familiar.
But what is their motivation?
If it's a marketing program then an LM class win is worth any number of BES/BSS/PWC overall wins.
Wherever they go they will be competing against VW Group members - Porsche in GTE, Audi, Lambo and Porsche in GT3.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3468789)   #5834
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Sounds familiar.
But what is their motivation?
If it's a marketing program then an LM class win is worth any number of BES/BSS/PWC overall wins.
Wherever they go they will be competing against VW Group members - Porsche in GTE, Audi, Lambo and Porsche in GT3.
I agree with you I'd have thought a Le Mans victory would be the best-case scenario in the GT ranks. Maybe if they sell enough GT3s they might consider moving the works team out of Blancplain (like McLaren) and into the GTE.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3468903)   #5835
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Alpine in lmp1? One of their drivers http://twitter.com/paulloup_chatin hopes so-
http://twitter.com/matlemans/status/526275796076617728
Old 27 Oct 2014, 00:24 (Ref:3468906)   #5836
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Ideally, I'd be a millionaire.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 00:27 (Ref:3468909)   #5837
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
His wishes arent the precedent of the interview he conducted.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 04:31 (Ref:3468950)   #5838
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
My spanish is not so good but my wife work in Spain and made me the translation… so it goes like this:

The President of Bentley told that after the denied F1 Rumors about Audi, and the fact that VW Group works different from the others, VW Group is contemplating a GTE version of the Continental….

http://www.motorpasionf1.com/world-e...de-resistencia
I translated what Dürheimer said, very relevant information about the way VAG works:

Quote:
I think one of the reasons why the Volkswagen group is so successful is because it's centered in competition. If Bentley goes to Le Mans with a GTE car, it wouldn't be a problem for the goup. Unlike many other corporations, Volkswagen likes competition among its subsidiaries. Inside the VAG group everyone fights their own battle. In GT we fight Lamborghini, Audi and Porsche; that is our way, just like how we also compete in the consumer market.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3469069)   #5839
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The prospects of having SARD in P1 are going to wrong direction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dagys
The legendary Japanese squad was originally touted to field an entry next year, although a deal with a prospective partner recently fell through. There’s been no further update since, leaving questions whether this program has been abandoned. (unknown)
Old 27 Oct 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3469089)   #5840
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
While it's nice to have Alpine (Renault) returning to Le Mans, I don't think it'll work unless the alliance are okay competing with the Nissan LMP1 team.

@Chiana

I wonder if SARD failed to convince Toyota or Oreca on giving them a LMP1 car, let alone a chassis? It's sucks that they won't be joining in LMP1.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3469092)   #5841
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like the privateer LMP1 situation is going the way of this time last year. Lots of hype, little end product.

Even just one extra car would be awesome.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3469093)   #5842
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe SARD and Oak/Onroak should team up for LMP1.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3469095)   #5843
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
While it's nice to have Alpine (Renault) returning to Le Mans, I don't think it'll work unless the alliance are okay competing with the Nissan LMP1 team.
i think even that's reaching a bit given chatin's original statement

i might be stating the obvious, and we might already know about this but just seen a job advert from jota looking to recruit someone "for a gt programme based around the nurburgring 24 hours".
Old 27 Oct 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3469186)   #5844
TF110
Veteran

United States
I wonder where Dagys gets his info. Sard said themselves theyll know more in November. Maybe he knows the future. If the lmp1 falls through, they hope to be selected for g56.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 23:59 (Ref:3469239)   #5845
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder where Dagys gets his info.
Thin air mostly...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 28 Oct 2014, 02:07 (Ref:3469260)   #5846
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I wonder where Dagys gets his info. Sard said themselves theyll know more in November. Maybe he knows the future. If the lmp1 falls through, they hope to be selected for g56.
It was a silly season article, which by definition means rumor and speculation are included. Don't take it so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Thin air mostly...
Old 28 Oct 2014, 06:46 (Ref:3469287)   #5847
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It was a silly season article, which by definition means rumor and speculation are included. Don't take it so hard.

What? I think my comment was misconstrued. I wasnt taking a dig at him. I had a spell error too- the=their.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3469360)   #5848
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
What? I think my comment was misconstrued. I wasnt taking a dig at him. I had a spell error too- the=their.
No worries.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3469503)   #5849
TF110
Veteran

United States
And here it appears that Alpine's considering lmp1 and GT- http://www.confidential-renault.fr/A...de-d-Endurance
Old 28 Oct 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3469510)   #5850
Deleted
Veteran

I was gonna say that for LMP1 team carrying title of an actual car manufacturer they'd have to drop the "badge car X as ours and take all the glory" attitude and actually do something, but then I remembered case Lotus and thought the hell with it. However, I don't think they or can do directly the same as in LMP2 and buy say R-One from Rebellion/Oreca, pay FIA/ACO a lot of money for officially registering it is as Alpine A450X or whatever, paint it blue, and then run it alongside the R-One as different homologation. Surely that would just make mockery of P1...

Also, I remember reading somewhere Alpine representative or whoever saying that these rules were more strict in P1 anyway so they'd have to be more involved (as in more than nothing at all ), or something.