Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 May 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3542175)   #5826
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite a few changes. This is what I have noticed:
- Higher front wing
- smaller dive planes
- extended front and different shape of the lights
- Side of the front section is dented in on the sides.
- Gills on the side pods are shaped differently towards the bottom
- longer rear wheel covers with smaller hole
- Solid (not shaped) end-plates for the rear wing

Have not seen the rain light yet.

BTW - Audi completely under wraps. Must be hiding something very special.
Old 28 May 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3542195)   #5827
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The changes on the Porsche reinforce what was recently said that the package run at Silverstone and Spa would be the basis for the LM kit. Just relatively minor changes to optimize for LM aside from trying to get a low downforce package to work at the sprint races.
Old 29 May 2015, 05:26 (Ref:3542391)   #5828
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are actually more changes than I expected.
Old 29 May 2015, 06:49 (Ref:3542408)   #5829
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The black and red ones are beautiful.
Old 29 May 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3542432)   #5830
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quite a lot of changes and the cars look awesome. i think these will blast down the mulsanne straight and the mulsanne-indianapolis straight.
Old 29 May 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3542640)   #5831
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I sincerely hope that Norbert Singer hasn't gone over to the dark side!
Old 29 May 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3542645)   #5832
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Last I heard NS was a consultant for the ACO actually.
Old 29 May 2015, 19:41 (Ref:3542650)   #5833
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I was looking at that as well and interesting. I also noticed the rear wing is mounted a bit higher than what I remember seeing on the Audi.
That's probably just how they mount it when being transported. It surely won't be that high when they hit the track.
Old 29 May 2015, 19:47 (Ref:3542652)   #5834
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Last I heard NS was a consultant for the ACO actually.
Ooh! Almost as bad!
Old 29 May 2015, 20:33 (Ref:3542665)   #5835
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
No need for alarm everyone - they're clearly discussing Martin Winterkon's confidential memo that details plans for Audi and Porsche to withdraw from sportscars and enter F1. No big deal

This should be obvious enough, I hope nobody falls for it...
Old 29 May 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3542687)   #5836
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
No need for alarm everyone - they're clearly discussing Martin Winterkon's confidential memo that details plans for Audi and Porsche to withdraw from sportscars and enter F1. No big deal

This should be obvious enough, I hope nobody falls for it...
I don't think Porsche will leave sportscars. I suspect they're out to up their Le Mans wins considerably over Audi.
Old 30 May 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3543003)   #5837
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hulkenberg tweeted today "jezz the straights are long"

Trust me Nico, you will be missing your bicycle if 919 breaks down or has flat on Mulsanne.

Old 31 May 2015, 17:36 (Ref:3543477)   #5838
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
This is one beautiful car.
Old 31 May 2015, 17:50 (Ref:3543484)   #5839
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 31 May 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3543486)   #5840
Rookie

500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I totally agree... For me it seems that although the 919 shape has seemingly only evolved in a very subtle way, it nonetheless looks much better this year, even in white. I this the treatment around the side windows has helped a lot, and the nose seems much more of a piece.
Old 31 May 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3543489)   #5841
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Hartley does not think 3:15 or 3:16 will be achieved : http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/jou...et-pedro-lamy/
Old 31 May 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3543496)   #5842
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche will do 1-2-3 in qualifying this year at Le Mans IMHO

But I have to be honest with 2 things:

- Audi are the mais favourites to Win this year
- I don´t know why... but Toyota his hiding something… i have a strange feling about them… they will be serious contenders.

P.S. Nissan is "ages" away from everything… let´s hope they will perform better in 2 weeks time… or else!!!!!!!!!!
Old 31 May 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3543538)   #5843
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
But it still has its moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUcANrehiNc
Old 1 Jun 2015, 17:25 (Ref:3543874)   #5844
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does the Porsche potentially have an illegal wing endplate?

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...ar-wing-trick/
Old 1 Jun 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3543886)   #5845
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Well if Porsche does, then so does Audi... according to the artical.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3543915)   #5846
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Now the question is : will Toyota appeal against this ?
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3543921)   #5847
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Now the question is : will Toyota appeal against this ?
It will be interesting to see how Toyota react. Last year, neither Audi nor Porsche lodged any official complaint with respect to the flexi-wing solution used by Toyota at LM.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3543935)   #5848
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
"Who had it first?" Great question! The advantages of being a part of the VAG, there might be some sharing of ideas?
Old 1 Jun 2015, 20:50 (Ref:3543962)   #5849
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't read the rules in question (need to do so), so I only know the details as listed in the RE article. I guess overall these are endplates that are not really endplates because they are not physically "attached" or "connected" (not sure what wording is used in the rules) to the endplates.

One thing that seems interesting to me is that according to the article the endplates have to have minimum thickness (10mm) and rounded radius (5mm) on the edges. I can see how the Porsche solution follows that (leading and trailing edges seem to have the same thickness and radius of curvature), but the Audi has a half lap/step design that I can't see how it fits those regulations (thinner than minimum and with smaller radius within the half lap/step area). The RE article also questions how that part of the Audi solution is viewed as legal.

I could imagine another solution in that you could have an endplate that has the 5mm edge radius (convex) with the "bodywork extension" having a matching 5mm radius (concave). So it could have a smooth transition between the two, but with no physical connection (slide a piece of paper between the two). clearly the mating of the convex and concave provides some level of "connection" at speed with aero forces trying to move things around. The half lap/step of the Audi provides some "connection" IMHO and I think you could argue that the Porsche solution provides some "connection" as well as I think the Porsche solution wraps around the endplate on the bottom? Do the rules define what a "connection" is?

Richard
Old 1 Jun 2015, 20:53 (Ref:3543964)   #5850
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
"Who had it first?" Great question! The advantages of being a part of the VAG, there might be some sharing of ideas?
I would still be shocked if this is happening given both Audi and Porsche want to beat each other so why give either a leg up. But who knows. The only scenario I can come up with that involves sharing is if someone within VAG that is above both Audi and Porsche comes into knowledge of a loophole that they might share that info with both teams. But I suspect any trick discovered by either team is not shared directly with the other.

Richard