Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Jun 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3554127)   #576
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The eVillage tickets weren't on sale when I last looked, but it does look as if you will indeed be confined to the Village itself. Hopefully there will be a giant screen for you to watch the race on!

I went to scout out the best viewing spots a couple of weekends ago, but when I went to buy tickets the next day it had all sold out. Still, it's good for Formula E generally that both days are a sell-out.
Old 26 Jun 2015, 19:28 (Ref:3554128)   #577
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Meanwhile, Boris Johnson has been for a spin in the Formula E car...
http://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/...-formula-e-car

And Andretti Autosport have gone orange, which I have to say I rather like
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119686
Old 26 Jun 2015, 20:25 (Ref:3554136)   #578
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
The eVillage tickets weren't on sale when I last looked, but it does look as if you will indeed be confined to the Village itself. Hopefully there will be a giant screen for you to watch the race on!

I went to scout out the best viewing spots a couple of weekends ago, but when I went to buy tickets the next day it had all sold out. Still, it's good for Formula E generally that both days are a sell-out.
I booked this week and the only remaining seem to be the ones inside the eVillage, blast that would be a real shame
Old 26 Jun 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3554145)   #579
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, you might be able to get out towards the paddock too, and see cars coming along the pitlane.

https://planning.wandsworth.gov.uk/W...mber=2014/6976
If you scroll down through the various documents and objections, you can find the document called "FE-LON-OVERLAY-03.03 SITE PLAN" which shows the layout of the circuit. You might be able to figure out from that if you can get near the track - it looks like you can near the pitlane and perhaps opposite Spectator Zone A.
Old 26 Jun 2015, 21:55 (Ref:3554150)   #580
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Pirenzo, seems like I should be able to get around the circuit in one way or another.
Old 27 Jun 2015, 16:21 (Ref:3554274)   #581
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First race of the weekend done and
the points race has gotten tighter.
I am good with how they started the race
with a pace car and single file. Better than to tear
stuff up and possibly lose a champion contender.

Beautiful place to have a race and a good crowd.
Old 27 Jun 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3554310)   #582
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
That track is very narrow. I thought that FIA stewards would penalize cars from leaving the track both left and right...
Old 27 Jun 2015, 18:59 (Ref:3554311)   #583
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sir Richard Branson believes Formula E can rival F1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119717
Old 28 Jun 2015, 09:55 (Ref:3554396)   #584
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any word on if the over night track repairs were successful??
Old 28 Jun 2015, 10:08 (Ref:3554402)   #585
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently, yes
Old 28 Jun 2015, 10:24 (Ref:3554407)   #586
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burp View Post
Any word on if the over night track repairs were successful??
http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2...k-changes.aspx
Old 28 Jun 2015, 11:47 (Ref:3554415)   #587
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Tracks fixed and rain has come to spice up quallifying - These cars look like great fun in the rain, some lurid slides and great saves going on with Piquet.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 12:12 (Ref:3554417)   #588
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sir Richard Branson believes Formula E can rival F1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119717
It will be interesting to see how it develops. A1GP was quite popular in its first season but eventually came to nothing.

If they are successful getting a new demographic of fans engaged then it could get interesting, but within the current demographic nothing will knock F1 off its perch.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 12:18 (Ref:3554419)   #589
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Tracks fixed and rain has come to spice up quallifying - These cars look like great fun in the rain, some lurid slides and great saves going on with Piquet.
Piquet was on the ragged edge that's for sure. Here's the video on Formula E's twitter feed for those who didn't see his save in qualifying

Rain hit the 3rd and 4th qualy groups, so I hope it is wet for the race. With Buemi 6th and Piquet 16th he is in the pound seats for the Championship if there's no more rain.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 15:54 (Ref:3554481)   #590
canamman
Veteran

United States
Thrilling ! Already looking forward to next season.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 15:59 (Ref:3554485)   #591
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Terrific finale, great racing.

Buemi must be kicking himself, he threw it away really.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3554486)   #592
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Thrilling ! Already looking forward to next season.
Amazing climax to the season and a home winner as well.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 17:15 (Ref:3554501)   #593
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Piquet Jr. wins the title with Buemi bogged down behind Senna. Well . . .
Old 28 Jun 2015, 17:15 (Ref:3554502)   #594
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Very tight track, but today's race was pretty good
Old 28 Jun 2015, 18:54 (Ref:3554537)   #595
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Congrats to Piquet. Someone give that man an F1 drive for gawds sake...
Old 28 Jun 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3554540)   #596
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Congrats to Piquet. Someone give that man an F1 drive for gawds sake...
I think Crash Gate still dogs him, hence NASCAR from 2010-2014. The 2014 Global RallyCross Championship, Formula E and Indy Lights.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 22:36 (Ref:3554600)   #597
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I had tickets for the London double header but I couldn't go as it clashed with my son's 18th and I wasn't going to miss his birthday for the world.

Anyway, catching up and watching the highlights of the Battersea race and the track is much narrower, than I thought it would be. I live in Battersea, just off Battersea Bridge Road and frequent the park regularly.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 23:40 (Ref:3554617)   #598
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cordiality is nice when you see that Nelsinho and López had both good racing weekends. The first is the Formula E champion whilst the second is the reigning WTCC champion and current championship leader.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 12:29 (Ref:3554686)   #599
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
Terrific finale, great racing.

Buemi must be kicking himself, he threw it away really.
Right in front of me. Realising who it was made me wave my yellow flag quicker than ever (and groan a bit).

What a brilliant weekend. A great experience, being part of the first non-permanent track event in Britain in 25 years. Warm weather, concrete walls, parakeets in the trees (really, they live natively round that bit of London!) all added to the slightly unreal feeling of being at a street circuit at home.

Let's have more of that, please!
Old 6 Jul 2015, 19:55 (Ref:3556277)   #600
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a really good race. I still don't much care for Piquet but have to admit that he deserved that.

Just noticed that ITV's interviewer started off by telling Piquet it's been so long since his GP2 title - as in the one that Hamilton won???