Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1001738)   #6101
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something totally different: a new street circuit in downtown Tripoli, Libya.
Attached Thumbnails
tripoli circuit.gif  
Old 12 Jun 2004, 16:16 (Ref:1001812)   #6102
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool

McNish and Lehto went off on oil at 185mph at the same corner at Le Mans. McNish shaken up, car wrecked; Lehto very agry at lack of oil flags, but his car will continue
Old 12 Jun 2004, 22:31 (Ref:1002127)   #6103
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
McNish was sent to the hospital. There is suspicion of a minor concussion.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 22:34 (Ref:1002130)   #6104
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
have you seen his statement about the accident on www.lemans.org ?

Doesn't sound too bad though I heard from someone in the S&GT forum that his concussion has been classed as "severe" and he will be out all year:confused:
Old 12 Jun 2004, 22:35 (Ref:1002131)   #6105
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lustigson, to be honest, I love the two club circuits separately, I mean seriously, BEAUTIFUL!!!...

BUT, I really don't like the circuit as a whole. I think that there are too many corners. I made what I think is a long enough circuit using your south club circuit. The pits should be extended on my edit if its going to be a GP course, but I didn't want to ruin it too much...
Attached Thumbnails
lustedit.gif  
Old 13 Jun 2004, 01:01 (Ref:1002185)   #6106
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice track there Lustig I've always prefered longer circuits. Looks very technical, with a nice mix of corners. Like P, I'm usnure of that chicane. The straight would be too long if you plain bypassed it, but I think you could replace it with a more interesting corner/section.

Geez, that Tripoli track didn't half come out of the blue! Bit angular to my liking, but I love that nice fast sweeping section by the beachfront - would be both fun to drive and a provide a trademark setting In terms of the overall circuit, I think it would be much better if you bypassed all the twisty bits in the south, and ran down the Shari an Nasr, giving you an opportunity to use that lovely fast right-left

Working on a track of my own atm, will post it in the next few days

Last edited by crozier74; 13 Jun 2004 at 01:08.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 13 Jun 2004, 11:50 (Ref:1002507)   #6107
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks fantastic .

P, Dunlop_Corner is right . Nielsen has also got quite a fiery temper. Pretty Montoya'ish.

But hey, look where Tom K is? . And all six danish drivers are still there . With Big-Mag leading the GTS-class . Great stuff .
Old 13 Jun 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1002513)   #6108
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
the Tom K car is being caught by about 4 seconds a lap at the moment
Old 13 Jun 2004, 14:02 (Ref:1002592)   #6109
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
TEAM GOH WINS!!!

Old 13 Jun 2004, 14:40 (Ref:1002619)   #6110
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yay, I guessed 3 of the class winners

Didn't get the GT class right at all though *shakes fist at White Lightning*

Overall I won 75 vCash on it

Overall and LM P1; 1 st , #5 Audi Japan Team Goh Audi R8 (Seiji Ara / Tom Kristensen / Rinaldo Capello

2 nd , #88 Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx Audi R8 (Johnny Herbert / Jamie Davies / Guy Smith)

3 rd , #2 Champion Racing Audi R8 (JJ Lehto / Marco Werner / Emmanuele Pirro)

GTS; 1 st , #64 Chevrolet Corvette (Oliver Gavin / Olivier Beretta / Jan Magnussen)

2 nd , #63 Chevrolet Corvette (Max Papis / Johnny O'Connell / Ron Fellows)

3 rd , #65 Prodrive Racing Ferrari 550 Maranello (Darren Turner / Colin McRae / Ricakrd Rydell)

GT; 1 st , #90 White Lightning Porsche (Sascha Maassen / Jörg Bergmeister / Patrick Long)

2 nd , #77 Choroq Porsche (Haruki Kurosawa / Kazuyuki Nishizawa / Manabu Orido)

3 rd , #85 Freisinger Porsche (Stephane Ortelli / Ralf Kelleners / Romain Dumas)

LM P2, 1 st , #32 Intersport Racing Lola (Bill Binnie / Clint Field / Rick Sutherland)
Old 13 Jun 2004, 15:12 (Ref:1002636)   #6111
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom Kristensen (born around 20 km's from where i live ), is now alongside Jacky Ickx, as the greatest LeMans driver of all time!

Congratz to team Goh, and what an effort Seiji did at the end. Herbert aswell!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 15:17 (Ref:1002643)   #6112
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
But 6 wins from 8 starts, that is the incredible thing. Well done Johnny also, you did your best.

FW, i guessed the GTS winner correctly, but I bet #8 for the win... Didn't know enough about GT.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 15:37 (Ref:1002661)   #6113
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Yeah, that Tom K is some driver. Did he really only start eight times at Le Mans? Was 1997 his first entry? Or did he miss 98 and/or 99? And how many starts did Jacky Ickx have?
Old 13 Jun 2004, 17:50 (Ref:1002717)   #6114
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Trinidad & Tobago GP

Been a while since my last fantasy track

First, the circuit. I had several main ideas, then just had to string them together as fluently as possible. The first was to have a wide, open, flowing first corner, but one where passing would still be possible, kinda like Villeroy at Dijon. I toyed with the idea of having a chicane after T1, cos I didn't want the circuit to be too straight-corner-straight, (you might be able to see it from the rubbings), but I thought it would just slow the circuit down a bit too much, so left it out. Chance to see to passing moves in the space of two corners, if someone making a move at T1 comes out slow on the exit.

Then comes one of the trademarks of the circuit - a series of esses, each corner tighter than the previous one. The idea is that you'll be braking and slowing as you urn, and that any error made early in the sequence will be magnified as you run through, so you will be significantly slower on the exit, hopefully making them easy prey for the cars behind down the following straight.

At the end of that straight there's a fairly bog-standard 160 right with decent braking zone for passing, with an fairly steep uphill run through the corner to make it more interesting (the short circuit turns through a fairly fast sweeping flat-out right here, before a tricky medium speed left). Then a slightly sweeping straight, uphill before cresting halfway down its length, before one of the most high-speed, technical and challenging sections of the lap. A pair of identical left-handers, separated by a slightly sweeping left, the second of which leads directly into a right hander, so again, braking through the corner is required.

The next section is inspired by (a copy of ) the middle part of the lap at Bahrain. A tight radius right hander with downhill run, leads out onto a medium- length straight with medium-speed right-hander at the end, a potential overtaking spot. The track runs uphill as it sweeps right on the exit, cresting at the apex of the next left before running downhill, meaning it is blind and the car goes light, all at high speed, so full commitment and concentration is required. The fairly steep downhill run into the 180 left also sweeps slightly to the right, so quite daunting to drive, and looks glorious to the spectators/TV cameras. A short straight into a medium speed right.

A slightly sweeping left run into a right-left combo in the mold of the Porsche Curves. Fairly steep downhill, a lift or blend of the throttle in the faster cars, but perhaps flat out in the smaller club level ones. Another medium length straight into the final corner, a potential scene of last lap lunges. A double apex hairpin, the shape of the corner kinda seems unique to me. And across the straight for another lap.

And finally, the location. Bernie's grand plan for world domination is slowly taking form. The Middle East has already been conquered, and Eastern Asia (with India, China and South Korea all in the wings) is soon to follow. So where next? Africa is a distinct possibility, with South Africa and several North African nations such as Tunisia, Morocco and Libya rich in motorsport history. But the other side of the Atlantic is somewhat lacking in GPs at the moment. So how about the glorius sunshire, beautiful scenery, tobacco havens and colourful music of the Carribean? Although the Caribbean is home to a few minor club tracks, it's lacking in a major motorsport hub. This track would be that hub, in the same way Bahrain and Dubai have become so for the Middle East. But which country? The Bahamas, Cuba, Barbados and Antigua & Barbuda all came in for consideration. But it was Trinidad & Tobago that clinched it. A fairly large and dense population; large oil reserves; efforts being made to expand industry and (importantly) tourism; an ex-British colony; multiple languages including English, French, Spanish, Hindi and Chinese; and the world's largest source of natural asphalt (so no problems finding stuff to build the track out of ). The hills and lakes around Mount Tamana serve as an ideal location, and is handily located near to the international airport of the capital Port of Spain.
Attached Thumbnails
trinidad v1.0.jpg  

Last edited by crozier74; 13 Jun 2004 at 17:51.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:55 (Ref:1002784)   #6115
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Lustigson
Yeah, that Tom K is some driver. Did he really only start eight times at Le Mans? Was 1997 his first entry? Or did he miss 98 and/or 99? And how many starts did Jacky Ickx have?
He raced every year from 1997 to date.
Ickx started loads of times, He won it first in 1969 and last in 1981 I think.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1002789)   #6116
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
He raced every year from 1997 to date.
Ickx started loads of times, He won it first in 1969 and last in 1981 I think.
Really? That means he won on his first outing?!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1002794)   #6117
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
yes, he won it first time. And that means he's won the last 5
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:18 (Ref:1002802)   #6118
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Incredible. Thumbs up for TK!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:24 (Ref:1002808)   #6119
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Though I could brandish him with the "always had it easy" tag that MS always gets

6 wins, 5 in what was easily the best car (4 in Audi R8s, 1 in the Bentley last year) and he always seems to have the best luck too. (which is pretty important at Le Mans) and he's also always had team mates that can do a solid job and not make any mistakes.

Last edited by pirenzo; 13 Jun 2004 at 19:25.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 23:45 (Ref:1003016)   #6120
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Williams and Toyota have been disqualified from the Canadian grand prix for using illegal brake ducts!!
wow!
Old 14 Jun 2004, 01:41 (Ref:1003046)   #6121
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know p, its really bad. But a lot of good has come out of the few bads. Overall, its still a decent result for Formula One...

Learn from your mistakes aye???...
Old 14 Jun 2004, 06:16 (Ref:1003134)   #6122
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Old 14 Jun 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1003717)   #6123
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Um, I know I kinda posted it at a busy time and all, what with Le Mans, England-France and the Canadian GP, but can I please get comments on my track guys?
Old 14 Jun 2004, 18:58 (Ref:1003911)   #6124
Tinik
Rookie

Tinik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crozier, I like the track, but i think it would be really hard to overtake on.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 19:51 (Ref:1003961)   #6125
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
you could pass at T7 and T12 at a push tinik
Closed Thread