Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 20 Feb 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2400953)   #601
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Javier Villa has signed with Super Nova for the main series. Hopefully he will find some of the form he had in 2007, its a make or break year for him. He is one of the most experienced out there.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2403045)   #602
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well the beeb has announced its 2009 scheduling for F1 but no sign of any GP2 coverage as yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/7755219.stm

Wonder who's going to be screening GP2??!!
Old 25 Feb 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2403850)   #603
Spudy
Racer

Spudy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No-one probably! I don't know why BBC haven't taken it apparently it came as a package with F1 but they have decided to sell it on. It will probably go back to Eurosport which I think would be a real shame!
Old 25 Feb 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2403956)   #604
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not if we get the Haven and Gareth Rees back!
Old 25 Feb 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2403971)   #605
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the operative word is "yet", I guess it would be time to monitor things nearer to the Spain weekend.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2404041)   #606
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So GP2 starts to suffer from poor tv options with no deal in place already?? just like 3000 had to put up with in its pomp.....

I knew it would happen eventually!!!

I mean anyone who sees a GP2 car going round at a GP weekend this year is going to think they are actually the F1 cars because they look more like one!!!

Bernie and Max are probably painfully aware of that already.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2404369)   #607
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RE completes line up with di Grassi
Old 26 Feb 2009, 09:23 (Ref:2404405)   #608
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

So Parente could be out in the cold then as i'm sure that would have been a subsidised drive?
Old 26 Feb 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2404409)   #609
Spudy
Racer

where did you hear that about Di Grassi? I can't find any official annoucement.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 13:52 (Ref:2404619)   #610
MDW1
Rookie

MDW1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luiz Razia is due to announce his GP2 Main team this week.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 17:19 (Ref:2404746)   #611
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Campos to be called "Barwa Addax Team", Petrov and Grosjean confirmed.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73447

Looks like Parente's going back into the mid pack then...
Old 26 Feb 2009, 21:32 (Ref:2404916)   #612
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudy
where did you hear that about Di Grassi? I can't find any official annoucement.
Respect where respect is due! RE did it again! F..k! First Pantano, then Di Grassi.
They certainly now how to pick their lead driver!
Pressure is up for us to find performance!
Old 26 Feb 2009, 21:50 (Ref:2404928)   #613
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It looks to me bradrive you got sponsorship to fight for those big names... it's your fault if you didn't go for Di Grassi this year and chose Grosjean... Not being funny, but you can be clasified in the same league of budget as Racing Engineering...
Old 26 Feb 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2404934)   #614
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
It looks to me bradrive you got sponsorship to fight for those big names... it's your fault if you didn't go for Di Grassi this year and chose Grosjean... Not being funny, but you can be clasified in the same league of budget as Racing Engineering...
I am in engineering, not in team managment. Sponsorship WAS in the big league in 2008. 2009 is not 2008. Probably as for RE and all the other GP2 teams as well. Anyway, I am not complaining. My comment was a really honest compliment to RE, nothing more, nothing less. Apart from that we are happy with Grosjean.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2404951)   #615
ManAlive
Rookie

ManAlive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes i have to say myself that its quite a good line up, possibly the best lead driver and a promising under rated rookie. I think its a great line up!
Old 27 Feb 2009, 10:34 (Ref:2405280)   #616
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just got message from Team Luiz Razia on Facebook - he's signed to FMS International to partcipate in Main Series.

From what I am seeing there are seats to fill in: one in Super Nova Racing, Arden Inernational, Durango, Ocean Racing Technology, DPR and Trident Racing didn't confirm anybody for two seats.

Last edited by Alex K; 27 Feb 2009 at 10:36.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2405299)   #617
MDW1
Rookie

MDW1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RE: FMSi Confirms Luiz Razia

FISICHELLA MOTOR SPORT CONFIRMS RAZIA FOR GP2 SERIES.

Fisichella Motor Sport International today announces that it has signed Luiz Razia to complete its line-up in the upcoming 2009 GP2 Series. The Brazilian will join Andreas Zuber at the team to form a strong team in the year that FMSI aims for the title.

19-year-old Luiz only began karting five years ago just in 2004, before embarking on the Brazilian Formula Renault and South American Formula 3 Championships the following year. In his debut year of the SudAm F3 he notched up two wins and four further podiums. In his sophomore year in 2006, he won the championship outright with seven victories and four podiums in 16 races. In 2006 the young Brazilian also embarked on a part-season of F3000 International Masters, instantly impressing with three wins from three outings in treacherous weather conditions. His results were rewarded in the winter of 2006 with a GP2 series test.

Luiz first met up with FMS when he joined the team for a part-season in the Euroseries 3000 Championship in 2007. Although not taking part in all races, he finished third in the championship. In the same year he also took part in several Formula Renault 3.5 World Series races. Last year saw Luiz compete once again a part-season in Euroseries 3000, this time finishing fourth overall in the championship. His experience in the 2008/09 GP2 Asia Series will enable him to get good mileage and experience in the powerful racing cars ahead of his GP2 Series debut, which will take place in Barcelona from 25-27 April.

Luiz Razia: “I’m happy to announce that I’ve come to an agreement with FMSI to race in the GP2 Main Series. During the post-season tests in Paul Ricard I had an opportunity to test with them for one day and immediately sensed a good feeling with the team and the car. My thanks to Giancarlo Fisichella, Paolo Coloni and Enrico Zanarini for putting their trust in me to compete in this extremely competitive series. I know the team from my early F3000 races when I competed with their car. I look forward to racing alongside Andy Zuber in the GP2 Main Series. I believe that with FMSI I will improve quickly and I hope to soon be challenging for point scoring positions and podiums on a regular basis. My intention is to take full advantage of the fact that I am racing in such an experienced team with an experienced teammate.”

Paolo Coloni, Team Principal, FMSI: “Luiz is now with us and we have a dream team. We have the experience of Zuber and the young talent of Razia, a team principal could not ask for more. We have been following his progress in Euro 3000, and he has grown over two years to deserve a place in GP2. He has shown great speed in the GP2 Asia Series and we count on this to score lots of points in FMSI this year. Never in the history of our team in GP2 have we had such a strong driver combination.”

Enrico Zanarini: “Welcome back Luiz, this is what I want to say. Razia did well with us in Euro 3000 two years ago and now to have him back with us in GP2 is a great joy. Our people around him may have changed, but at the test with our 2009 car his speed was the same. I am looking forward to seeing some more of his speed and his talent in this year's main series.”

Old 27 Feb 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2405306)   #618
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very good lineup for FMSI, thumps up. Let's see if they can turn this into solid results.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2405386)   #619
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really glad di Grassi is back. People seem to slate him for his conservative campaign in 2007 with ART, yet he is a great driver and deserves another chance. I think missing 6 races last year and finishing 3rd in the championship was incredible. Villa, Zuber, Filippi and Petrov all have more GP2 race starts than him, yet none come close to his ability. I am going to bet he will win the title!
Old 27 Feb 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2405394)   #620
Spudy
Racer

So as expected Di Grassi is with RE, Grosjean and Petrov with Barwa (Campos). I have to say I expected Razia to sign with Arden so a bit of a suprise there.

The only thing I would say against RE is that its easier for them as they have a very powerful team owner who happens to be royalty so they can afford to run a driver like Di Grassi and pay him a salary like they did with Pantano.

Small independent teams like iSport cannot compete with that kind of financial power. Thats why I like iSport so much they formed that from nothing and they were one of the best teams straight out of the box.

I hope van der Garde and Nunes do well as I don't think anyone is expecting much from them.

I heard on the grapevine iSport talked to Di Grassi but they couldn't afford to run him for free.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2405400)   #621
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quote:
The only thing I would say against RE is that its easier for them as they have a very powerful team owner who happens to be royalty so they can afford to run a driver like Di Grassi and pay him a salary like they did with Pantano.
It's not like AOB is funding the team, their strong position is because they always attract sponsorship. And it's no coincidence, AOB is very effective commercially.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 13:14 (Ref:2405403)   #622
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing Engineering have strong support from their sponsors, which is why they can afford to get the right drivers for their programme.

Although, surprisingly, no one has mentioned their new sponsor in the news stories: I've been waiting ages for this one to come out, and nothing!
Old 27 Feb 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2405407)   #623
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman

Although, surprisingly, no one has mentioned their new sponsor in the news stories: I've been waiting ages for this one to come out, and nothing!

Are you talking about "Fat Burner" ?
Old 27 Feb 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2405516)   #624
Spudy
Racer

I'm not so sure Racing Engineering's budget is all made up of team sponsorship. In fact there is very little financial investment from sposnors in GP2 most of it comes through drivers or from 'who you know' hardly ever a straight forward commercial deal.

In that respect Alfonso may have the links and the stature to attract some investment whereas a guy like Paul Jackson is a straight forward old school boss who has worked up from the very bottom.

Look at Arden, would they have Red Bull if Christian Horner wasn't the boss there? I doubt it.

With the personnel cut backs being inforced I don't think there is really any space for marketing and PR personnel to go out with the teams so how they expect teams to attract sponsors, I don't know.

My point is simply some teams have a lot of good connections whereas some of the independents do not. Its the same throughout all racing which makes it nice when a small team like iSport beats the big guys.

I'm really looking forward to seeing a Di Grassi vs Grosjean battle this season, and maybe a few other guys might get in there as well, should be a quality season!!!
Old 27 Feb 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2405655)   #625
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing a Di Grassi vs Grosjean battle this season, and maybe a few other guys might get in there as well, should be a quality season!!!
Yes I can think of another 3 or 4 drivers who will be right in there.

Tags
bruno senna, dallara, gp2, gp2 entries, gp2 test, silly season