Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 May 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2456697)   #651
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Well, there is a sort of Nascar-like engine under the bonnet: a 5l V8. A shame that they did not put the 3,8 V6 turbo in it: much more special compared to the other big NA-engines in the serie, more like the roadcar, and much more modern.
Quite, and there's the rub I guess? As we know, the 2010 regs say 5.0l or 5.5l engines and so far we've only seen people wanting to run the 5.0l with the GTR and the Ford.

My friends were asking me at the weekend why the car had a big V8 lump in it and not the twin turbo from the road car..... My answer was... 'well yes, you might well ask!'

I suspect the rumbling engine note from what's in it now would sound better than the V6TT though?
Old 6 May 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2456709)   #652
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just as well Michael Bartels and Co weren't on hand to hear and see the splintering crunch in the bodywork of the stricken MC12 on Sunday when it was towed away and rode over it's loose wheel!

Had fun all weekend and absolutely adored the new Ford GTs - the GT-R was a bit anonymous though - a little quiet and a bit too saloon shaped to fit in amongst the other GT1s. Still interesting to see something new.

GT3 was the star of the weekend for the third year running - great cars on show there and the new Jag and Alpinas sounded great. Brilliant racing again and put the GT1/2 race to shame.
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 6 May 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2456718)   #653
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
Had fun all weekend and absolutely adored the new Ford GTs - the GT-R was a bit anonymous though - a little quiet and a bit too saloon shaped to fit in amongst the other GT1s. Still interesting to see something new.

GT3 was the star of the weekend for the third year running - great cars on show there and the new Jag and Alpinas sounded great. Brilliant racing again and put the GT1/2 race to shame.
I agree, great action, great cars!

I actually thought the 'GT1' Ford GT was just a GT3 car with big wings and a less restricted engine, rather than a new car though Mike?

You sure the Nissan was quiet??? Odd and perhaps a bit basic it may look in comparison but a shrinking violet it certainly ain't!
Old 6 May 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2456731)   #654
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
Maybe I just couldn't really hear it properly among the scream of the MC12s and the massive grumblings of the Fords, Chevys etc!
Old 6 May 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2456750)   #655
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Oh god no, it isn't the same as the great rumbling Vette's but (cannot stop myself chuckling whenever they go past like grumpy animals!!) but I reckon it's got a crisper exahust note than the Saleen and not too dissimilar to the GT2 Aston maybe?

I felt the Ford GT was over revving if anything, bit like it was undergeared or something?
Old 7 May 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2457118)   #656
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
not too dissimilar to the GT2 Aston maybe?
That's the closest comparison I'd make, yeah.
Old 7 May 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2457220)   #657
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I felt the Ford GT was over revving if anything, bit like it was undergeared or something?
I think it's just that we've become used to the larger capacity air restricted engines, which barely make much more than 6500 rpm. The smaller GT1-2010 engines can rev all the way to 7500 and beyond.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2476215)   #658
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thomas Biagi to LAA in place of Guillaume Moreau. Here

L.P.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2476290)   #659
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Thomas Biagi to LAA in place of Guillaume Moreau. Here

L.P.
Not a bad pickup. Biagi has had some success in FIA-GT, so this bodes well for LAA.

DK
Old 6 Jun 2009, 01:49 (Ref:2476300)   #660
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great news for LAA, should be a good pairing, Massen aint half bad either.

And more good news for the Vette teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiagt.com
The GT Bureau has announced a change in the balance of performance rulings for the FIA GT Championship, from Oschersleben and until further notice.

Those competitors with a Corvette C6R, homologated as the Corvette Z06, homologation number GT1-002, have a choice of options :

They can either increase the diametre of the restrictor to a maximum of 31.3 mm. Or they can increase the restrictor to a maximum of 31.6 mm and increase the minimum weight of the car by 10 kg (to 1100 kg) The choice must be declared to the Technical Delegate and confirmed to the Stewards by the end of scrutineering.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2476607)   #661
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if the whole fallout with Moreau was because LAA had Biagi ready to sign?

Biagi will be replaced in the Matech Ford GT by Marc Hennerici: PLM
Hennerici drove the Ford GT a few weeks ago at the Nurburgring with the Reader/Matech joint team (the team that had to substitute their lost Lamborghini). Car should continue going well.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 01:07 (Ref:2476730)   #662
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
The Aston Martin Vantage is back in GT2 for Oschersleben with AMR Hexis Racing in the hands of Makowiecki and Mücke. Should be a good race.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 06:25 (Ref:2476776)   #663
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Not a bad pickup. Biagi has had some success in FIA-GT, so this bodes well for LAA.

DK
Bit of an understatement given 2 outright championships...
Old 18 Jun 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2486090)   #664
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I might have missed it elsewhere on the forum (I can't find anything but you never know around here...) but this week's Autosport magazine reported that Bucharest has been cancelled. New mayor got voted in and he seemingly doesn't like racing, so the event's been called off

Ratel has said the race will be replaced, possibly with a race at the Hungaroring towards the end of August
Old 18 Jun 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2486206)   #665
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I might have missed it elsewhere on the forum (I can't find anything but you never know around here...) but this week's Autosport magazine reported that Bucharest has been cancelled. New mayor got voted in and he seemingly doesn't like racing, so the event's been called off
Damn idiot!

DK
Old 21 Jun 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2487336)   #666
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=2043
Old 26 Jun 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2491095)   #667
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sangari Team Brazil will join the FIA GT at Spa:

http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=2063
Old 26 Jun 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2491143)   #668
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so no FIA GT in the UK live on Setanta anymore ...
Old 26 Jun 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2491191)   #669
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
so no FIA GT in the UK live on Setanta anymore ...
Indeed not, I assume you know of Setanta's fate ?

That'll explain why its' not on anymore, and I suspect not much else will be either!!
Old 26 Jun 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2491277)   #670
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but its bad for FIA GT not to have TV coverage in the UK anymore ...
Old 26 Jun 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2491298)   #671
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkob View Post
Sangari Team Brazil will join the FIA GT at Spa:

http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=2063
DKR back with a largely professional lineup sounds good. Anyone know what tyres they'll run? The picture is too small. Could be Dunlops or Pirellis instead of Michelins though - DKR/PSI has historically run both on their Corvettes.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2491319)   #672
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
DKR back with a largely professional lineup sounds good. Anyone know what tyres they'll run? The picture is too small. Could be Dunlops or Pirellis instead of Michelins though - DKR/PSI has historically run both on their Corvettes.
Michelin man at the rear is abit of a giveaway...
Old 26 Jun 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2491321)   #673
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Image on E-I shows Michelin logos on the car.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...viewBrazil.JPG

Tom.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2491362)   #674
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Yes, but its bad for FIA GT not to have TV coverage in the UK anymore ...
It will pop up on another channel i'm sure, if not for the next race then maybe the one after that.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2499147)   #675
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AF Corse will debut the new Maserati Granturismo MC GT4 at the Spa race of the European GT4 championship:
EI