Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 16 May 2013, 01:38 (Ref:3248205)   #651
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any news on the Red Bull Ring round? Was it called off?

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 17 May 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3248935)   #652
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks a bit terminal......http://www.bossgp.com/ next round TBA abd the calender has vanished.
Old 17 May 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3249039)   #653
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
This looks a bit terminal......http://www.bossgp.com/ next round TBA abd the calender has vanished.
The calendar vanished before Hockenheim I think. The next race is supposed to be Monza I believe, but TBA is never good as you rightly say.

Old 18 May 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3249338)   #654
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
Any news on the Red Bull Ring round? Was it called off?
There was something at the Osterreichring but it was an Open event:

http://www.racing-experience.lu/inde...t01returnid=15

I wonder how happy the organisers are with their eradication of all the 'problems' that EuroBOSS had.
Old 18 May 2013, 14:21 (Ref:3249404)   #655
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
There was something at the Osterreichring but it was an Open event:

http://www.racing-experience.lu/inde...t01returnid=15

I wonder how happy the organisers are with their eradication of all the 'problems' that EuroBOSS had.
Yes, that has been written on the BOSS website since I posted that. Even in the bad times of EuroBOSS there were a few F1 cars each time right? I am not trying to put the series down as it is very close to my heart, but it seems the financial crisis is putting off those with F1 machinery, which probably hurts the spectator value. The reason I discovered the series initially was wanting to see modern F1 cars without paying so much for tickets, which was the build up to seeing BOSS at Donington in 2011.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still pay to go and see that grid in Britain but to me it is missing something without F1, for reasons I know are beyond the control of Christian and co.

Would a return to the original homeland of the series benefit the series or would it make the grid weaker? Considering that entry, it may actually make things worse considering the quantity of European drivers. I cannot think of a solution to the problems of the series, but then again as long as there are 15+ BOSS cars on the grid I don't see to much of an issue.

I do hope we see a British round soon though, I would love to see the series again.

It seems there was actually a decent sized grid anyway, which is always good.

Old 19 May 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3249703)   #656
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, that has been written on the BOSS website since I posted that. Even in the bad times of EuroBOSS there were a few F1 cars each time right? I am not trying to put the series down as it is very close to my heart, but it seems the financial crisis is putting off those with F1 machinery, which probably hurts the spectator value. The reason I discovered the series initially was wanting to see modern F1 cars without paying so much for tickets, which was the build up to seeing BOSS at Donington in 2011.
I don't think you can blame the financial crisis for the lack of F1 cars, most of the people that own them are barely going to be affected by it and some of them are doing even better as a consequence of it (not to mention that some of them consider the economic crisis to be a thing of the past).

The proliferation of recent secondary series cars probably has a far greater effect - why would someone spend a fortune running an F1 car that is going to be beaten by a much cheaper more modern car.

Same for the spectators the attraction was to see and get close to F1 (& some Indy) cars that they would only normally be able to see on TV.
If I wanted to see GP2 or World Series cars I would go and watch them but I don't. The World Series race at Spa is free which still doesn't tempt me, whereas the Red Bull F1 demo might.

Last edited by PeterMorley; 19 May 2013 at 09:15.
Old 19 May 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3249821)   #657
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
I don't think you can blame the financial crisis for the lack of F1 cars, most of the people that own them are barely going to be affected by it and some of them are doing even better as a consequence of it (not to mention that some of them consider the economic crisis to be a thing of the past).

The proliferation of recent secondary series cars probably has a far greater effect - why would someone spend a fortune running an F1 car that is going to be beaten by a much cheaper more modern car.

Same for the spectators the attraction was to see and get close to F1 (& some Indy) cars that they would only normally be able to see on TV.
If I wanted to see GP2 or World Series cars I would go and watch them but I don't. The World Series race at Spa is free which still doesn't tempt me, whereas the Red Bull F1 demo might.
You know, you're so right. Maybe the solution is to have a race for the F1 and the IndyCar machines, and another for the secondary series cars?

Old 19 May 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3249866)   #658
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
How long have I being saying this............
Old 5 Jun 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3258045)   #659
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like another rebirth...

The Masters of F3 weekend at Zandvoort includes DSSS Series (former BOSS GP).
Old 5 Jun 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3258053)   #660
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
The Masters of F3 weekend at Zandvoort includes DSSS Series (former BOSS GP).
So what is different about the series this time?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3258257)   #661
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
I'm not sure it is the BossGp series. If not I have no idea unless one of the Dutchman has set-up a breakaway series from the breakaway series!
Old 5 Jun 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3258271)   #662
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
Well, I am confused beyond belief now... Could someone clarify this once they know themselves? Also DSSS = Dutch Single Seater Series I guess?

Old 6 Jun 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3258445)   #663
backfire
Rookie

backfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've got to laugh - it's getting a bit like the "People's Front of Judea" sketch in Monty Pythons Life of Brian. Come back Roger Cowman all is forgiven - at least you managed 15 years, and it was your idea in the first place.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3258523)   #664
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
Quote:
Well, I am confused beyond belief now... Could someone clarify this once they know themselves? Also DSSS = Dutch Single Seater Series I guess?
Dutch Super Single Seaters according to the English version of the Zandvoort website.

I did wonder if they'd got sponsorship from the dole office but I doubt too many of them are aware of such institutions.

Perhaps they're just worried about the legal consequences of pinching someone else's name...
Old 6 Jun 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3258540)   #665
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfire View Post
You've got to laugh - it's getting a bit like the "People's Front of Judea" sketch in Monty Pythons Life of Brian.
Very good

So - does anyone actually know what's going on?
Old 6 Jun 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3258566)   #666
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

So - does anyone actually know what's going on?
For once in my life, I actually do! From what I've heard BOSS GP is alive and well, there are just some off-track discussions going on which should be resolved for 2014. The DSSS is not someone else creating an off-shoot of BOSS GP. Things should return to normality soon with a full championship for next season if everything goes well.

EDIT: Bert, you're post 666, which I found funny for some reason

Old 6 Jun 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3258574)   #667
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just wondering if it's like a couple of years ago when for some reason (I have no idea the official reason!) the then EuroBOSS raced at brands they had to enter under something like "MG open single seaters" (I believe it was an MG club raceday). Anyone is welcome to clarify or explain that though
Old 6 Jun 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3258580)   #668
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
For once in my life, I actually do! From what I've heard BOSS GP is alive and well, there are just some off-track discussions going on which should be resolved for 2014. The DSSS is not someone else creating an off-shoot of BOSS GP. Things should return to normality soon with a full championship for next season if everything goes well.
There seem to be a lot of 'off track discussions' around this series (in its various guises). Hopefully a UK round for next year - I enjoyed it the last time I saw it at Brands.

Quote:
EDIT: Bert, you're post 666, which I found funny for some reason
Old 6 Jun 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3258583)   #669
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
Just wondering if it's like a couple of years ago when for some reason (I have no idea the official reason!) the then EuroBOSS raced at brands they had to enter under something like "MG open single seaters" (I believe it was an MG club raceday). Anyone is welcome to clarify or explain that though
I remember reading about that one... If I recall correctly I think the reasons are similar.

Old 6 Jun 2013, 19:56 (Ref:3258696)   #670
backfire
Rookie

backfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the reason for the MG EuroBOSS rename was to avoid extra circuit fees of having a stand alone series on the program (these high UK fees were the reason that BOSS became EuroBOSS in the first place). I don't see, however, that Boss GP can be "alive and well" if all the dates have been struck from the website and a leading circuit refer to it as "former".
Old 6 Jun 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3258727)   #671
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfire View Post
I think the reason for the MG EuroBOSS rename was to avoid extra circuit fees of having a stand alone series on the program (these high UK fees were the reason that BOSS became EuroBOSS in the first place). I don't see, however, that Boss GP can be "alive and well" if all the dates have been struck from the website and a leading circuit refer to it as "former".
From memory, the Brands races were 'rebranded' because the meeting did not have the right permit to hold an international series, such as EuroBOSS. As such the rename meant that the race technically were outside of the series an were therefore counted as being a non-championship, allcomers single seater race.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3258732)   #672
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
Quote:
I remember reading about that one... If I recall correctly I think the reasons are similar.
I was wrong about that then, judging by what you guys say...

As for what you said backfire.. It's just the way it is, BOSS GP is fine, but there won't be much in the way of website updates for the rest of the season I don't think.

Old 6 Jun 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3258734)   #673
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
I spent sometime with my mate "driftwood" and Eddie Mclurg at the weekend and we agreed there is room for a series for pre 1998 F1/F2/F3000 cars running in original livery. Just needs someone to start a UK series with about 4 rounds nothing fancy to start off with................
Old 6 Jun 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3258735)   #674
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
With referance to the current goings on I can't comment.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3258756)   #675
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
I spent sometime with my mate "driftwood" and Eddie Mclurg at the weekend and we agreed there is room for a series for pre 1998 F1/F2/F3000 cars running in original livery. Just needs someone to start a UK series with about 4 rounds nothing fancy to start off with................
That'd be an excellent addition to the UK scene for sure... Original liveries as you said, would you feel the same way towards the engines?