Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Dec 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2592883)   #676
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Did your car ever arrive, Knowlesy?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2593640)   #677
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nope.
Old 6 Dec 2009, 00:28 (Ref:2594674)   #678
slick42
Racer

England
Selby, North Yorkshire
slick42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there anything you can do about it?
Old 8 Dec 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2596125)   #679
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't the seller provided you with some tracking link? Maybe you can claim your money back trough the shipping company (If it is their fault). Altough I think that procedure would take a long time...
Old 8 Dec 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2596171)   #680
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sue the sucker!

Sorry to hear that, Knowlesy. The guy does do a nice conversion but his admin/ shipping leaves a lot to be desired. Hope they find it or he sends a replacement?
Old 10 Dec 2009, 00:04 (Ref:2597022)   #681
slick42
Racer

England
Selby, North Yorkshire
slick42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got a bloody 17 quid customs charge on the target car ffs. Paid it online so it should come tomorrow
Old 10 Dec 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2597331)   #682
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
Yeah customs sucks, for my 2008 elite I had to pay 17 euro's which included 12 euro's cost because they had to unpack the car. The car itself I bought for $40 (ex shipping).

Powerade car, Big Red 2008 car and a Tony Stewart 2009 car arrived today. Lucky Juan and Tony made up, otherwise I had to sell the car again...

Got 2008 almost complete (Except the Juicy Fruit and the custom made models). And now focusing on getting the target car. I guess you won't get it below 100 $ anymore so I have to rely on the strong Euro.
Old 4 Jan 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2608157)   #683
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I have all but made up my mind to get rid of my collection. Time moves on and priorities change. It's been a tough decision but the time has come to reduce my model collection. I have decided to limit it to 1:43 BTCC cars from the Super Touring era and 1:18 Le Mans winners. This means that my 1:18/1:24 Montoya cars and 1:18 Senna Collection must go (along with two purpose built model cabinets.) Any interest here, folks?

I have all the cars excpt the Daytona 500 winners. These include all the rare models (Indy 500 winner, West-sponsored McLaren, #4 Arca car, #30 Homestead car, Juicy Fruit, Powerade, Target, #40 Fastenal Nationwide car, etc.) and they are all here in the UK so no import duty to pay anywhere in Europe. Happy to combine postage charges, naturally. And, in the case of the cabinets, can deliver within a sensible distance for a small charge.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2608465)   #684
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Had a few private messages enquiring about the collection so have just made a quick list of what I have. I think I have the dates, etc. of the Texaco cars correct but there is just so many of them!!

YearSeriesCarSponsorNumberManufacturerNotes
1999ChampcarReynard-HondaTarget4  
2000Champcar Target4  
 Indy 500G-Force OldsmobileTarget9  
2001F1Williams FW23Compaq6  
2002F1Williams FW24Compaq6  
2003F1Williams FW25HP3  
2004F1Williams FW26HP3 Walrus Nose
2005F1McLaren MP4/20West10MinichampsTobacco Sponsorship
2006F1McLaren MP4/21Mobil 14 Orange Test Car
 F1McLaren MP4/21Johnnie Walker4  
 ArcaDodge ChargerTexaco4Custom BuiltStock car debut
 Nextel CupDodge ChargerTexaco30Custom BuiltNascar debut
2007Busch SeriesDodge ChargerTelcel42 First win
 Nextel CupDodge ChargerTexaco42  
 Nextel CupDodge ChargerBig Red42  
 Nextel CupDodge Avenger COTTexaco42  
 Nextel CupDodge Avenger COTTexaco42 First Nextel Cup win special
 Prelude to the DreamLate ModelTexaco42 Eldora dirt race
2008NationwideDodge ChargerPowerade42  
 NationwideDodge ChargerFastenal40Custom Built 
 Sprint CupDodge ChargerJuicy Fruit42  
 Sprint CupDodge ChargerBig Red42  
2009Sprint CupChevrolet Impala SSTarget42  

All are imaculate and have only been removed from their boxes to be displayed inside my dust-proof display cabinet. The #40 Fastenal has never been out of its box - in fact it has only been opened once since it was delivered!

I also have a 99 Vasser car, a Colombian flag and two 'pit boards' which are also available. A sensible offer on the entire collection and I will throw these in free of charge.

Additionally I have two fantastic cabinets available (black wood with fully glazed front and sides, glass shelves and a mirrored back panel.

Open to offers on any or all of the above - looking to recoup as much as possible from a pretty sizeable investment but I am open to sensible offers. All cars are in the UK so no nasty import duty within the EU and I will keep p&p charges as low as possible.

Last edited by Craig; 5 Jan 2010 at 15:59.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2632374)   #685
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
Spark confirmed they will make the 2007 winner of the Daytona 24H later in the year. Already got the expensive on so won't buy that one, but still great that they will make Grand Am cars.

http://www.grandprixmodels.com/searc...SEARCH&back2=1

They will also make the 2006 car. Montoya wasn't in that on, but think I will still buy it as it would make a nice set.
http://www.grandprixmodels.com/searc...SEARCH&back2=1

(2008 still isn't confirmed, but since Spark makes almost every car available of the mold they have,so I'm sure they will make it later on).

This is the first Grand-Am of Spark BTW, the cheating winner of 2009.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2634720)   #686
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also a Tums car from Talladega being made (well, as of this moment). Will this have the correct wing package I wonder...
Old 21 Feb 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2637580)   #687
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I am almost sad that I am selling my collection... but, at the same time, I'm quite relieved. Could be expensive otherwise!

I have packed and sent my first batch of sales (hope they all arrived safe and sound?) and have now listed a few more on eBay. If any of you guys have gaps in your collection take a look!

Last edited by Craig; 22 Feb 2010 at 22:31.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2638635)   #688
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Here's something a little different: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Figurine-F1-Ju...item2a04e8ca13
Old 23 Feb 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2638958)   #689
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bit slim isn't he?
Old 23 Feb 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2638999)   #690
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Not a model, but JPM related: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT

Seller seems like he'd be a nice guy.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2639040)   #691
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Seller seems like he'd be a nice guy.
Seems like a bit of a cowboy to me .

Nice pair of sunnies though.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 11:42 (Ref:2641409)   #692
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Just checking on the first batch of my Montoya listings which end tomorrow and spotted this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Juan-Montoya-T...item27afb7dfea

Might be of interest to Knowlesy??
Old 27 Feb 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2641483)   #693
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Excellent. Have always been embarrassed about the official car.

I have some serious funds, with more incoming, but I wonder how high that will go.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2641550)   #694
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Hopefully really really really high thus makign my original version seem so much more of a bargain when I list it up on eBay!

If you have funds available maybe you wanna check out my display cabinet, Knowlesy?! If you buy it I'll throw in the two pitboards (one | two) and the Colombian flag
Old 27 Feb 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2641552)   #695
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Am tempted. Although I need a sofa and wardrobe!

And a new telly.

And a new computer.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2641556)   #696
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
The display cabinet would make a very nice sofa as it goes... it's definitely solid enough to sit on if you wanted!! Come on... you can pick up a cheap sofa and TV from Asda for about ten quid... this sort of cabinet only comes along once in a lifetime! You you you want to...!!!!
Old 27 Feb 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2641612)   #697
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

All depends how quickly you want rid and how much you want really.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2641643)   #698
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Well it's on eBay so if you wanted it, take your chances on there. I can store it here for a fair time to be honest. I will have some works starting here in April - new heating, new kitchen, downstairs replaster and new carpets/decoration throughout - so would really need to move it by then but I am easy... would rather see it go to a good home and all that
Old 2 Mar 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2643372)   #699
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
JUst been looking on eBay again and found this: converted Target Nascar -- think I posted one of these on here before which Knowlesy turned his nose up at, but not sure... he does that so often!

Meanwhile, I have put a list of my remaining models online if anyone is still looking to fill that gap in their collection!
Old 2 Mar 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2643404)   #700
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

What I like about that auction is how the seller has posted a pic of the real car, so we can see how bad his conversion truly is.

Tags
jpm