Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Jul 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2499351)   #676
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
AF Corse will debut the new Maserati Granturismo MC GT4 at the Spa race of the European GT4 championship:
EI
Gorgeous car. Simply breathtaking. Can't wait to see it in action, and at the hands of AF Corse!
Old 11 Jul 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2499370)   #677
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone should start an FIA GT4 discussion thread.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2502939)   #678
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For anyone with Motors TV (not me), it will be showing the last 3 races live: http://www.motorstv.com/car/gt/fia-g...urns-motors-tv
Old 16 Jul 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2502964)   #679
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
For anyone with Motors TV (not me), it will be showing the last 3 races live: http://www.motorstv.com/car/gt/fia-g...urns-motors-tv
Good chance of a live stream then. Hope so.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2502965)   #680
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Good chance of a live stream then. Hope so.
We already have one and have had it for the past 2 seasons, its called GT1-Live, and it is better quality than any Justin.tv live feeds will ever be.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2521098)   #681
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like the DKR C6R-002 will be ready for the next round of FIA-GT racing according to an article on Corvette Motorsports. See:

http://www.corvette-motorsport.com/n...ssis-update-98

DK
Old 14 Aug 2009, 09:51 (Ref:2521262)   #682
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I honestly thought we would never see that car again. Good job to them.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2521442)   #683
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I read on the French section of motorstv.com forums, that the SRO series is going to be live on Motors TV, is it correct ?
Old 15 Aug 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2521643)   #684
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I honestly thought we would never see that car again. Good job to them.
Definitely, there was so much damage. Anyone know if there is footage of the crash floating around somewhere?
Old 15 Aug 2009, 03:58 (Ref:2521680)   #685
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
I read on the French section of motorstv.com forums, that the SRO series is going to be live on Motors TV, is it correct ?
There was an announcement saying this yes. But i'm quite sure it is just the British MotorsTV and not the international one.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2522056)   #686
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Definitely, there was so much damage. Anyone know if there is footage of the crash floating around somewhere?
The link at post 681 does show the smashed up car but no video.

DK
Old 16 Aug 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2522636)   #687
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On Midweek Motorsport after the 24 hours of Spa, John and co. were ticked off at the lack of coverage the race got. He had spoken to Graham Tyler before the weekend and asked him if he needed some help, to which Graham replied, "nope, it's going to be a quiet race for commentators, as we just have a little bit on each day".

As we all know it was a great race, and the guys on the show pretty much seriously suggested RLM get involved to give the race decent coverage, if not all 24 hours, at least securing something as decent as what they do at the Nurburgring. That would be just great.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 03:11 (Ref:2522717)   #688
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I agree with the sentiment Andrew, I think that is up to the SRO, and they'd rather have the tandem they have in place to commentate World Championship races online and whatever satellites pick them up. All part of some big, futuristic plan Steve Rat has going forward.

Chris
Old 17 Aug 2009, 06:45 (Ref:2522768)   #689
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
The link at post 681 does show the smashed up car but no video.

DK
Thanks. I have already seen that. Whilst watching episodes of pitstop tv which covered the Spa 24hrs they showed the truck bringing the car back into the pits but not the actual crash itself.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2523141)   #690
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
While I agree with the sentiment Andrew, I think that is up to the SRO, and they'd rather have the tandem they have in place to commentate World Championship races online and whatever satellites pick them up. All part of some big, futuristic plan Steve Rat has going forward.

Chris
Indeed it's SRO's decision, but I think Graham Tyler has worked with RLM sometimes.
Think it would be more of an extension of what they currently have to enable expanded coverage. But as you say, in the end it's Ratatouille's and SRO's decision to invest more or not in the race.

I'm pretty sure the RLM guys were serious when they said it but we shall see if something comes out of it.
I'm sure Ratatouille would be very pleased to speak to John and company with all the bashing they give him
Old 17 Aug 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2523316)   #691
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mind you FIA GT might not have RLM, but in all races this year they have a free live internet stream with live audio commentary. And with the next years GT1-World, this will be extended. From my point of view, this is a little bit better than only audio. Considering this, it’s no wonder for me if SRO may have turned down a RLM offer, as they (the SRO) simply follow another route with the live video stream.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2523329)   #692
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962 View Post
Mind you FIA GT might not have RLM, but in all races this year they have a free live internet stream with live audio commentary. And with the next years GT1-World, this will be extended. From my point of view, this is a little bit better than only audio. Considering this, it’s no wonder for me if SRO may have turned down a RLM offer, as they (the SRO) simply follow another route with the live video stream.
I completely agree but only for the races other than Spa. Based on how well they broadcast the rest of the races, Spa's coverage was even more disappointing. Seems they even had less coverage than 2008.
It would be interesting for someone to explain the reasoning behind the coverage decision for Spa.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2523338)   #693
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i just have to say i think its great that its got live online streaming. im a student at uni so i dont have such luxuries as a tv licence for most of the year!
Old 19 Aug 2009, 18:54 (Ref:2524535)   #694
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
FIA-GT is imposing a 30 kg penalty on all Porsches with steel sleeves in the engine. See here: http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/08/...from-budapest/

DK
Old 20 Aug 2009, 01:16 (Ref:2524741)   #695
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Are PK Racing entered for the rest of the season? I remember them saying at the start of the year that they only had funding until Spa and they were working on getting more sponsorship to finish the season.

Its been a while since the start of the year so chances are they will continue, I havent heard them say otherwise.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 20:30 (Ref:2525731)   #696
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Are PK Racing entered for the rest of the season?
Well the FIA-GT site has the entry list up for Budapest and PeKa Racing is on it. However, they also list LAA and it seems they said they were not contesting FIA-GT for the rest of the year so they could concentrate on LMS. That, at least was the reason LAA gave for pulling out of Spa.

Entry list here: http://www.fiagt.com/results.php?eve...&=Entry%20List

DK
Old 21 Aug 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2525755)   #697
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Never quite understood that decision from LAA. Ya, they are without Luc the rest of the year and one of their cars got demolished at Le Mans but I thought the car was fixed and the drivers in FIA GT are different, plus they went out and got a guy like Thomas Biagi.

Unless they really want to focus on LMS and therefore, want to make sure they have a backup car in case the car used for LMS gets damaged.

Hopefully PK has gotten more sponsorship. Despite the lack luster promotion of the series by Ratatouille, they up at the front and it would be a real shame if they had to bow out.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2525764)   #698
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Never quite understood that decision from LAA. Ya, they are without Luc the rest of the year and one of their cars got demolished at Le Mans but I thought the car was fixed and the drivers in FIA GT are different, plus they went out and got a guy like Thomas Biagi.

Unless they really want to focus on LMS and therefore, want to make sure they have a backup car in case the car used for LMS gets damaged.

Hopefully PK has gotten more sponsorship. Despite the lack luster promotion of the series by Ratatouille, they up at the front and it would be a real shame if they had to bow out.
Hmm, now see, I don't understand the reasoning here. LAA is the defending LMS GT-1 Champion who has done FFSA and FIA on occasion but is not a full season entrant in either. To me it makes sense if the program is to be contracted, for whatever reason, the LMS program is the last to see any changes.

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 01:30 (Ref:2525833)   #699
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Well seeing as though they are entered for Hungary and Anthony Kumpen is talking about the rest of the season on fiagt.com, one can assume the problem of funding has been solved. Good news for them seeing as though they lead the championship at this point in the season.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 09:15 (Ref:2525985)   #700
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, now see, I don't understand the reasoning here. LAA is the defending LMS GT-1 Champion who has done FFSA and FIA on occasion but is not a full season entrant in either. To me it makes sense if the program is to be contracted, for whatever reason, the LMS program is the last to see any changes.

L.P.
The problem for me is GT1 in LMS. They're racing against a Larbre Saleen and that's it!

They've raced in all races of FIA GT so far (and they were on the official entry list at the beginning of the season), and things only changed after Luc's accident. Spa is probably a different monster as it costs a lot to race it, especially taking into account the obvious financial limitations most teams are experiencing.

I'm not familiar with their FFSA entry. Only thing I know is they're 2 separate drivers (Ayari and Hernandez). But after looking at the FFSA site, Ayari and Hernandez are first in the championship. And they've raced in all races so far.