Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Oct 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3314594)   #676
smcorolla
Rookie

smcorolla should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedsource maybe moving to a P2 Lola Mazda, thats cool. Theyve been around along time, lots of experience. Arent they behind the current 6 diesels? If so dont think anyone would miss those.

This article this morning puts some current teams into a direction of Porsche GT Americas in GTD.

"A number of teams have either placed orders for new cars or have expressed interest, including Park Place Motorsports, Muehlner Motorsport, NGT Motorsport, Alex Job Racing, Magnus Racing, Dempsey Racing and Paul Miller Racing, among others."

http://sportscar365.com/features/por...or-gt-america/
Old 8 Oct 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3314625)   #677
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
SpeedSource are indeed running the two mazda6 Skyactiv diesels, and the motor might be suitable for P2--it might be a little down on power for P2 but it has gotten considerably more reliable.

Still the story strikes me as more of a rumor, because SpeedSource also plans to step up the GTD with the Mazda6, and I don't see where it would find resources to run a single P2 and two 6s, are much value to running only one 6 when running two offers so many more development options.

Which is all just me guessing.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3314638)   #678
smcorolla
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
SpeedSource are indeed running the two mazda6 Skyactiv diesels, and the motor might be suitable for P2--it might be a little down on power for P2 but it has gotten considerably more reliable.

Still the story strikes me as more of a rumor, because SpeedSource also plans to step up the GTD with the Mazda6, and I don't see where it would find resources to run a single P2 and two 6s, are much value to running only one 6 when running two offers so many more development options.

Which is all just me guessing.
I'm guessing as well. I also remember talk of the mazda 6s moving to GTD when the classes were announced but this latest mention refers to talk around the COTA pit so if both are rumors I'm going to believe the latest one. Guess its up to Mazda as to what class. With the p1 Mazda going away you would think the opportunity for positive exposure might be better in P2 than going against a phalanx of Porsches in GTD.

This article from this morning kind of confirms Dempsey and Paul miller continuing which is good.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3314649)   #679
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The thing I am a bit worried about is that 15 Porsches for GTD wouldn't leave a lot of room for anything else in that class under a 60 car-cap...
Old 8 Oct 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3314662)   #680
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The thing I am a bit worried about is that 15 Porsches for GTD wouldn't leave a lot of room for anything else in that class under a 60 car-cap...
Optimistic projections, spare cars, part time cars (NAEC only).. I think you'd see 8-10 full time max out of those numbers.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3314709)   #681
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Optimistic projections, spare cars, part time cars (NAEC only).. I think you'd see 8-10 full time max out of those numbers.
Looking at the list of teams mentioned above, I think those numbers look spot on. We could add Keating's Viper, and possibly a TRG Aston, to that list but besides that we haven't seen many other announcements for GTD. Although it would be tough to imagine no Ferrari or Audi on the grid.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3314729)   #682
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Looking at the list of teams mentioned above, I think those numbers look spot on. We could add Keating's Viper, and possibly a TRG Aston, to that list but besides that we haven't seen many other announcements for GTD. Although it would be tough to imagine no Ferrari or Audi on the grid.
Scuderia Corsa should be back, as will Fall-Line. The Lotus GX team said they'd run 2014 in GTD as well. Then there's Turner.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3314736)   #683
smcorolla
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Scuderia Corsa should be back, as will Fall-Line. The Lotus GX team said they'd run 2014 in GTD as well. Then there's Turner.
Also AIM/FXDD and Stevenson and JDX. Hopefully they will continue in the USCC.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3314746)   #684
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Turner is done with the Tube Frame Bimmers. Going to continue in Conti, exploring what to do, if anything otherwise.

Stevenson is done with GTD as well it seems. They too were looking at either just Conti, or at one point a DP was rumoured. Not sure if that came to anything.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3314793)   #685
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Posted move to other thread.

Let's stick to specific entries and schedule please. We've seen how quickly it can derail the thread. General direction is for the main USCC thread. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Adam43; 8 Oct 2013 at 21:43.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3315432)   #686
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/uscc/te...gram-for-2014/
Team Sahlen confirms 2 DPs for next year (same cars), same driver lineups (Wayne Nonnemaker + Dane Cameron, Joe Nonnemaker + Will Nonnemaker).
Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3315447)   #687
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/uscc/te...gram-for-2014/
Team Sahlen confirms 2 DPs for next year (same cars), same driver lineups (Wayne Nonnemaker + Dane Cameron, Joe Nonnemaker + Will Nonnemaker).
Who is the really slow one again that always runs at GA GT speeds?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3315448)   #688
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/uscc/jd...ffort-in-2014/
JDX Racing confirms at least 1 911 GT America for next year (not bought yet but already earmarked). Jan Heylen is confirmed but as noted on this forum Mike Hedlund is undecided on what he wants to do. If JDX gets more money they may also buy a 2nd 911.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3315471)   #689
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
Who is the really slow one again that always runs at GA GT speeds?

Perhaps Joe? Not sure though...there are too many Nonnamakers!

Old 9 Oct 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3315483)   #690
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Turner is done with the Tube Frame Bimmers. Going to continue in Conti, exploring what to do, if anything otherwise.
Sounds like Schubert is running a GTD mule Z4 in VLN. Perhaps the idea of BMW turning its back on GTD is no longer in effect, so maybe that's an option for Turner?

Of course, how backwards running a 2010 aero package and detuned engine to create a new car for people to buy for 2014 is when there is a perfectly good contemporary car to buy is another story...
Old 9 Oct 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3315492)   #691
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I hope that I´m not repeating the rumour but Endurance-Info was talking today about a rumour of Speed Source running a Lola B12/80 powered by a Mazda engine.

The link http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-21170.html

It makes sense, there are a lot of Lola chassis outh there (and maybe some for sale) and in adition there are a rumour of 2-3 Multimatic sales
Mmmm... Dyson talked about partnering with another team to race in prototypes. Could this be it?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3315657)   #692
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Are we talking about that SkyactivD P2 engine or some new petrol production based unit?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3315716)   #693
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Sounds like Schubert is running a GTD mule Z4 in VLN. Perhaps the idea of BMW turning its back on GTD is no longer in effect, so maybe that's an option for Turner?

Of course, how backwards running a 2010 aero package and detuned engine to create a new car for people to buy for 2014 is when there is a perfectly good contemporary car to buy is another story...
Depends on the price, I'd think. If the new car if signigficantly cheaper than the current GT3 it would actually make a lot of sense.

Also, the current GT3 is IMHO overly dependent on aero, which leads to an unfavorable BoP (not enough oomph on the straights), so a less aero-dependent body might actually also make some sense.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3315720)   #694
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
In the traveling Mazda road show that goes to different tracks, they have a P2 Coupe with Powered by Sky Active Diesel decals on it. Perhaps a good sign.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3315753)   #695
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not to be unduly negative, but that same blue Lola with those stickers has been displayed at events in Japan since the first announcement more than a year ago and at every track I have been to all season, but never On a track.

Maybe they are finally happy with the engine and will go ahead ... or something else. I hope to be at the Roar where hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised by a lot of great new cars. Until I see something on track, I will reserve judgment.

Unless Libra Racing announces a new P2 with a brand new untested engine---I will certainly believe that.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3315770)   #696
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not to be unduly negative, but that same blue Lola with those stickers has been displayed at events in Japan since the first announcement more than a year ago and at every track I have been to all season, but never On a track.

Maybe they are finally happy with the engine and will go ahead ... or something else. I hope to be at the Roar where hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised by a lot of great new cars. Until I see something on track, I will reserve judgment.

Unless Libra Racing announces a new P2 with a brand new untested engine---I will certainly believe that.
To be fair, they now have a season of development running the GX car. The initial announcements last year mentioned that the engine for the P2 would be different from the GX, but I'm sure the lessons learned will be applicable.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3315809)   #697
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some interesting nuggets in this article.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...D_AM/131009787
Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3315844)   #698
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/uscc/co...naec-campaign/

Conquest Endurance aiming for NAEC P2 campaign, but may not get the entry for Sebring or Daytona due to field size limits (and prioritizing full-season entries). OAK Racing also looking at running Daytona and Sebring.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3315861)   #699
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It all comes down to pit lane space....F1 understands that you get one box per car. No reason we can't do the same for high entry races.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 10 Oct 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3315868)   #700
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...cus-21225.html

Magnus Racing first team to actually purchase the 911 GT America. Testing will commence in a few weeks