Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Mar 2015, 19:45 (Ref:3515953)   #676
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Once a CVA is agreed, thats all the creditors get. No more afterwards.
A lot of people will feel cheated Im sure. and rightly so, now watching the same crowd join back into the circus.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 20:22 (Ref:3515959)   #677
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do Manor now have different owners and management, or is that just a spin that we are being fed so that more people buy into the rebuild story?

If they do in fact have different people at the top, but the same, or similar team doing the racing, I'm happy enough for the CVA process to go on. It's not like big business doesn't do this day in, day out.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 20:56 (Ref:3515990)   #678
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The Manor old boys are sincere. But they maybe under the thumb of what is basically this shadowy consortium of owners with this Fitzgerald guy being the front man.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3515991)   #679
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
Do Manor now have different owners and management, or is that just a spin that we are being fed so that more people buy into the rebuild story?

If they do in fact have different people at the top, but the same, or similar team doing the racing, I'm happy enough for the CVA process to go on. It's not like big business doesn't do this day in, day out.
I understand that the problems became intense when the former Russian owners walked away.The current lot are trying to take the remnants forward and I suspect the suppliers will be a good deal more rigorous about controlling credit.May be too late for some and they have my sympathy.Anybody with some familiarity with the financial stability of Formula One teams will be aware of other collapses in the past and not be hugely shocked that it happened once more.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3516024)   #680
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Nice to see Bernie doing his usual and trying to push Manor under the bus ..

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30267.html

Working out how not to pay the prize money Manor are owed!
Old 16 Mar 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3516041)   #681
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Manor Marussia Must Start In Malaysia Or Face FIA

Interesting that Mr E has already paid Manor Marussia $10m in prizemoney thus far... hopefully she'll be right for Malaysia...
Old 16 Mar 2015, 22:56 (Ref:3516053)   #682
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Manor Marussia Must Start In Malaysia Or Face FIA

Interesting that Mr E has already paid Manor Marussia $10m in prizemoney thus far... hopefully she'll be right for Malaysia...
So that's why Bernie's peed off, he advanced them $10m.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 02:45 (Ref:3516084)   #683
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Manor Marussia To Run In FP1 In Malaysia

She'll be right on the night it seems...
Old 17 Mar 2015, 03:08 (Ref:3516088)   #684
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is fantastic if it turns out to be the case.

Now the next question, the 107% rule and whether it will be enforced?
Old 17 Mar 2015, 04:16 (Ref:3516092)   #685
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
If they can't approach the 107% time anywhere during the weekend, they'll apply that rule. It's just dangerous having them crawling around.

My reading is that if they do run in practice but can't qualify, they shouldn't be excluded by the FIA from the championship outright although whether they get the prize money in that scenario I dunno. If they are too perilously far off the pace, the sponsors/suppliers will almost certainly pull the plug sooner rather than later. Also, who is picking up the transport tab? Booth seems certain he's going anyway.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 08:04 (Ref:3516155)   #686
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember them saying the same about Australia, we will see what happens but Bernie will not be very happy with them and will not be very forgiving if they do not match their promises
Old 17 Mar 2015, 11:58 (Ref:3516262)   #687
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I seem to remember them saying the same about Australia, we will see what happens but Bernie will not be very happy with them and will not be very forgiving if they do not match their promises
In that motorsport.com article he was downright scathing.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ma...ralia/?v=2&s=1
Old 17 Mar 2015, 12:00 (Ref:3516264)   #688
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Well let us hope that the new owners are not as clinical as that, however so far they are not giving any of us much convidence
Realitically, would teams like Force India, Lotus and Sauber be able to field a three car team?
Old 17 Mar 2015, 12:03 (Ref:3516266)   #689
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am not a Bernie fan far from it, but it seems that the new (well same as before) team at Manor are happy for someone else to pay for everything but not prepared to spend any of their own money, seems to me that they are not really the sort of people we all want running a team
Old 17 Mar 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3516278)   #690
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I am not a Bernie fan far from it, but it seems that the new (well same as before) team at Manor are happy for someone else to pay for everything but not prepared to spend any of their own money, seems to me that they are not really the sort of people we all want running a team
I must admit that the way that the "new" team have managed to worm their way into this seasons championship, and will no doubt be looking for the "old" team's "prize money", all leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth. I am not a fan of these types of CVA or what is known as "pre-pack" administrations; both methods screw the creditors, especially the smaller ones who are often the least able to sustain the losses.

However, as far as the cost of the freighting of the team to Australia and beyond, in the grand scheme of things financial to do with FOM, it is a mere drop in the ocean. The aircraft were already chartered to fly out to Melbourne, and the only addition cost to FOM (if there is even one - the aircraft usually stay on the ground between flying the circus in and then flying them out again after the GP) would have been for the extra fuel burnt because of the extra weight, and even that can be mitigated to a point by the pilots and the way that they fly the aircraft.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 17:21 (Ref:3516410)   #691
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How do the organisers measure the number of starters?

Is it the number scrutineered, the number in Practice, the number in Official Qualifying, the number on the grid before the warm up or the number that actually start?

When we were involved in "Start Money" it meant just that so far as I can recall, you had to start the race to get paid.

As we outsiders understand it FOM are contracted to field 16 cars so are they in breach of contract?
Old 17 Mar 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3516434)   #692
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well who would they pay?, the track owners? the TV people? A shambles for sure
Old 17 Mar 2015, 19:00 (Ref:3516458)   #693
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
A starter is a driver that takes the lights. You DNS the race if you don't.

Schumacher's engine failed at the end of formation lap in France '96. He was a DNS.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 23:31 (Ref:3517284)   #694
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well who would they pay?, the track owners? the TV people? A shambles for sure
That would depend on who FOM have a contract with, one assumes that is the organising body of the race.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 06:49 (Ref:3517346)   #695
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well yet again no one knows, so lets just give the money to the lawyers after all the struggling teams do not need it. perhaps if F1 got itself sorted this mess would not continue to bleed the sport dry, sorry for the rant but if something is not done soon we will end up with cars driven not by the best drivers but by those that can afford the best lawyers
Old 26 Mar 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3519721)   #696
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Run or... Or Else!!

Hope Manor Marussia has nitrogen in the tyres, has petrol in the tank, has a fully functioning powertrain in the tail... and takes to practice & qualifying!

#RefuelManorMarussiaInMalaysia
Old 26 Mar 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3519725)   #697
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they've fired it up, so they must have scrounged one or all of the above from someone
Old 26 Mar 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3519730)   #698
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
they've fired it up, so they must have scrounged one or all of the above from someone
Got a 14 year old to hack Ferrari's server!
Old 27 Mar 2015, 08:05 (Ref:3520198)   #699
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Started, ran , put mileage on the car. Within 107%. I'd say it has been a successful Friday for them.

To top it off I think it is the prettiest car on the grid with the new nose style
Old 27 Mar 2015, 08:25 (Ref:3520204)   #700
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well they ran the car but it was very slow, made eeven the maclaren look fast