Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Jul 2020, 15:02 (Ref:3991057)   #7051
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC news from Team HARD at 5.30pm today...
Old 27 Jul 2020, 15:32 (Ref:3991062)   #7052
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Team HARD teasing a (probably underwhelming) announcement; that's a sure sign the BTCC season is truly back.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3991063)   #7053
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder what it could be? Anything from VW? Anyway it’s gonna be good to see HARD again, we’ll see if they can maintain what they have with their current lineup
Old 27 Jul 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3991070)   #7054
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
They talked about an NHS tribute livery some time ago, could be related to that
Old 27 Jul 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3991073)   #7055
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ollie Brown replacing Bushell
http://www.btcc.net/2020/07/27/team-...2020-campaign/
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:11 (Ref:3991087)   #7056
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
They mention how it has been 20 years since Brown has done a competitive race. A natural choice for the biggest British motorsport series then. I thought there were license requirements.

Last weekend, he did attend a competitive race meeting in the VW Cup, and to be fair, after a pretty underwhelming first race, just missed out on the win in the second.

It'll be hard in the CC (ha...) without a miracle, but good luck to him.

Gutted for poor Bushell though.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3991089)   #7057
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
They mention how it has been 20 years since Brown has done a competitive race. A natural choice for the biggest British motorsport series then. I thought there were license requirements.

Last weekend, he did attend a competitive race meeting in the VW Cup, and to be fair, after a pretty underwhelming first race, just missed out on the win on the second.

It'll be hard in the CC without a miracle, but good luck to him.

Gutted for poor Bushell though.
The quote was actually "Brown won the scholarship – run by Team HARD Racing – having never entered a competitive car race before."! I think he'll find it a lot harder than the VW Cup, but I definitely wish him good luck.

I'm with you on Bushell. He just hasn't been getting the luck he needs, has he?
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:19 (Ref:3991093)   #7058
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The licensing system in the UK really needs to change. Ridiculous that someone with no experience before this year is allowed to have an international licence.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3991095)   #7059
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone explain me the licensing rules and requirements to drive in BTCC? Because this one is an utter surprise. Great that Brown will have a chance but isn't BTCC too big of a jump for him? Crazy....

And will Bushell's luck will finally change? I'm so gutted for him...
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:31 (Ref:3991098)   #7060
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't quote me but I think you need an International C to drive in BTCC.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:42 (Ref:3991102)   #7061
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, whatever it is you don't get a licence above grade b without completing six(?) races.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:51 (Ref:3991104)   #7062
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm, whatever it is you don't get a licence above grade b without completing six(?) races.
He did 3 at the GT Cup meeting last weekend too. Still only equals 5 in my book. Unless he did one of the club saloons series in the Golf?
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3991107)   #7063
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
He did 3 at the GT Cup meeting last weekend too. Still only equals 5 in my book. Unless he did one of the club saloons series in the Golf?
He also raced in the Ginetta at Thruxton this weekend (and won) plus he's done the required testing mileage in the CC
Old 27 Jul 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3991108)   #7064
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that gets him a Nat A so can we assume he's got the necessary licence?
Old 27 Jul 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3991113)   #7065
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Can someone explain me the licensing rules and requirements to drive in BTCC?
'Drivers (also referred to herein as “Competitors”) must be registered for the Championship and be in possession of a valid 2020 International Racing Licence (Grade C or higher, not Historic) and a medical certificate of aptitude. An ASN Visa is required if the licence is issued by an ASN other than Motorsport UK.'

And as I understand it - Signatures from: 3 National A races OR 2 National ‘A’ plus 2 National ‘B’ or Clubman Races OR 6 National ‘B’ or Clubman Races. All from three different venues.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 18:30 (Ref:3991116)   #7066
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
Used to be that you could only get 2 upgrading signatures per event?
Old 27 Jul 2020, 18:55 (Ref:3991117)   #7067
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Whatever the Gents experience, I wish everyone well in pursuing their dreams. If he can afford the ride he's providing income for the team and thus employment for folk and hopefully providing entertainment for viewers.

I've seen too much criticism Stateside the past week or so against a relatively inexperienced driver who made one mistake. One mistake all season to date. Heck, even tge likes of Schumacher made mistakes now and then; we're human, and therefore fallible.

Racewise I think we'll see Dan Camm and the WSR pair dominate this coming weekend. I'm going so far as to say young Mr Oliphant will snag his first victory in BTCC.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 19:42 (Ref:3991121)   #7068
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Still is.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 20:13 (Ref:3991124)   #7069
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I can tell he has entered 10 races in July alone, 6 in the Ginetta and 4 in the Golf.
And he's finished all of them.

He's certainly put the miles in.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 20:42 (Ref:3991127)   #7070
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
You can only get two signatures per event.

However, one needs six signatures to upgrade from National B to National A. However, two of these can take the form of an extended ARDS test and a day's marshalling, meaning that only four to five races are required. A further three races are needed to move from National A to International C.

Whilst he did four GT Cup races at Snetterton, only two of these count. However, he could still have exceeded gbe minimum requirements.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 20:43 (Ref:3991128)   #7071
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
The licensing system in the UK really needs to change. Ridiculous that someone with no experience before this year is allowed to have an international licence.
There are quite a few instances of this occurring in the past - particularly in the case of GTs, but also some single seater drivers.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 21:08 (Ref:3991132)   #7072
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite well known as a driver coach? I can't find much on him.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 21:39 (Ref:3991135)   #7073
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
You can only get two signatures per event.

However, one needs six signatures to upgrade from National B to National A. However, two of these can take the form of an extended ARDS test and a day's marshalling, meaning that only four to five races are required. A further three races are needed to move from National A to International C.

Whilst he did four GT Cup races at Snetterton, only two of these count. However, he could still have exceeded gbe minimum requirements.
He's done 10 races at 4 different meetings on three circuits.

That gets him 8 signatures. Extended ARDS gets a ninth.

So in theory he has enough for International C.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 06:49 (Ref:3991166)   #7074
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
So in theory he has enough for International C.
More importantly, it gets him a pink bobble #HARD hat.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 07:04 (Ref:3991173)   #7075
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a good job we're speculating/confirming Ollie's eligibility to participate here.

I expect the officials and team had not considered eligibility before making the announcement...