Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Jun 2013, 05:15 (Ref:3263617)   #7201
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
10kg is nothing at a track like Le Mans. It is often less than the weight difference between drivers of the same car. Irrelevant!
Old 17 Jun 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3263691)   #7202
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Its actually 20kg the Aston has increased since Spa. They added 10 before the test day and 10 more after.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3263695)   #7203
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's the difference in weight between Joerg Bergmeister (80Kg) and Timo Bernhard (60Kg)
Old 17 Jun 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3263720)   #7204
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think 10 kg are nothing in Le Mans, and that... Dumas is a silouhette!
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 17 Jun 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3263834)   #7205
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
HAHA just noticed astons are runing 5mm lower ride hight then everyone else as well.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3263994)   #7206
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
That's the difference in weight between Joerg Bergmeister (80Kg) and Timo Bernhard (60Kg)
Your point? They have a bigger heavier engine as well. The larger fuel tank adds another 4kg just in fuel weight. The ACO make these decisions. If youre upset about it, maybe you could write them your distaste or contact Porsche to go slow so they can get bop
Old 18 Jun 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3264150)   #7207
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I assure you that I would be "upset" if the ACO had turned a blind eye on any of the other car's obvious performance superiority due to BOP.
I don't like to be "pretended" to. As a fan, I find it insulting. If AM had this performance advantage due to design/hard work/ and engineering prowess (like Ferrari does) then you would not hear a peep from me.

Last edited by Spyderman; 18 Jun 2013 at 06:22.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3264249)   #7208
TF110
Veteran

United States
So when their car won only one race last year at better bop than currently applied, what does that mean? They aren't winning on merit but favorable rules? If that were the case, they should have swept all of last season. The new Vantage is just that, new. Funny, Porsche made a brand new car too, and are running 1210kg, and only .1 mm smaller restrictor than Aston. They even had the highest top speed during the test day, so really its not a huge difference between the cars. Is Porsche's bop justified then?
Old 18 Jun 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3264251)   #7209
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Plz, for the love of god, and all that is holly, STOP FEEDING THE TROLL
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3264257)   #7210
TF110
Veteran

United States
You have something to add? Its all a game this bop. Im not favoring it for one team over another. But there are obviously games being played by each team to benefit from it.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3264266)   #7211
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So when their car won only one race last year at better bop than currently applied, what does that mean? They aren't winning on merit but favorable rules? If that were the case, they should have swept all of last season. The new Vantage is just that, new. Funny, Porsche made a brand new car too, and are running 1210kg, and only .1 mm smaller restrictor than Aston. They even had the highest top speed during the test day, so really its not a huge difference between the cars. Is Porsche's bop justified then?
Look: The 991 is only half a new car. The engine is the old Mezger. It has 15% less capacity than the 4.5L used by AM. It is the smallest engine in the GTE field, and you think that it is reasonable that the AM has larger (or even the same size) restrictors?

I don't want to get into a song and dance with you again, as you circular arguments serve no purpose other than to wind people up.
You are obviously happy with the way things are. Good for you.
I am not. Please respect that. I'll respect your state of blissfulness too.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 09:57 (Ref:3264270)   #7212
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'll just leave this here.......................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bkIg3HNgSnA

Lets hope we can do it again without rebuilding the car before the race
Old 18 Jun 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3264274)   #7213
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Ill' admit to the following: I will obviously be rooting for the Porsche, but to be honest, I think they have a very steep hill to climb. If they are not capable of winning, then I hope Ferrari takes it.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3264313)   #7214
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just so I'm clear on this. You don't want AM racing to win?
Old 18 Jun 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3264378)   #7215
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I think its very unfair what ACO have done to the Ferrari to cut the fuel tank 5 litres from everyone else. At the Test day the Viper and the Aston with there large V8 and v10 both did 12 lap stints compared to ten for the Ferrari. I know there was weather etc which may effect things but it would just be wrong to see the other cars being able to run further on a tank of fuel than the direct injected Ferrari. While also having waivered engines and unrestricted engines. Ferrari should be entitled to using there advantage for having developed a fuel efficient engine. Something that every other manufacturer should strive towards rather than giving others a larger fuel tank so they can use even more fuel.
It may have been acceptable to cut the fuel use so that the Ferraris can do as many laps as the other. But now their advantage has been turned into a disadvantage as they have much worse fuel consumption than the rest. That's just penalizing a car which was developed better (and also the one using less waivers) so that the others could catch up without any effort. That's not really "equalizing"

Quote:
Just what is ACO trying to achieve with those Aston Martins? What if an Aston wins the race?
Maybe since it's their 100th Anniversary, they will use that as an excuse for more exposure of the WEC?
Old 18 Jun 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3264598)   #7216
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Look: The 991 is only half a new car. The engine is the old Mezger. It has 15% less capacity than the 4.5L used by AM. It is the smallest engine in the GTE field, and you think that it is reasonable that the AM has larger (or even the same size) restrictors?

I don't want to get into a song and dance with you again, as you circular arguments serve no purpose other than to wind people up.
You are obviously happy with the way things are. Good for you.
I am not. Please respect that. I'll respect your state of blissfulness too.
So you think its only half a new car. But what is the Aston then? They don't win on merit in your opinion. So I asked why is it they didn't win so easily last year while having the same bop (actually better)? This is no song and dance. I don't do the 'tango'. Im asking you to see it from another pov. You see bop allowing them to dominate. But they've won two races in the past 1 1/2 years with the car. Theyve obviously done a better job with the new car. Bop has helped but you can't complain while there are other cars with bop breaks. I think every team has been sandbagging and now some are going to pay the price for not doing it enough, while others reap rewards for misleading with their pace. Fyi, I don't root for any particular GTE team. Being honest, I hope the Viper wins.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 02:08 (Ref:3264651)   #7217
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I'll just leave this here.......................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bkIg3HNgSnA

Lets hope we can do it again without rebuilding the car before the race
That was nonsense last year and I was very upset about that, from the rules that car should of never been rebuilt with a new chassis.but the aco allowed it and they went on to win the race.i don't remember where but I thought I read somewhere that this year teams are only allowed one engine to qualify and race with,I hope aston blows a few even though if they do there'll be a force majur for that.with the aco playing games like that I hope the vettes or vipers take it.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 05:43 (Ref:3264689)   #7218
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So you think its only half a new car. But what is the Aston then? They don't win on merit in your opinion. So I asked why is it they didn't win so easily last year while having the same bop (actually better)? This is no song and dance. I don't do the 'tango'. Im asking you to see it from another pov. You see bop allowing them to dominate. But they've won two races in the past 1 1/2 years with the car. Theyve obviously done a better job with the new car. Bop has helped but you can't complain while there are other cars with bop breaks. I think every team has been sandbagging and now some are going to pay the price for not doing it enough, while others reap rewards for misleading with their pace. Fyi, I don't root for any particular GTE team. Being honest, I hope the Viper wins.
Your point just proves that the BOP they were given last year is no longer needed this year. It should have been adjusted. (That why it is called Balance of Performance). What we currently have is Unbalance of Performance.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 08:13 (Ref:3264715)   #7219
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Your point just proves that the BOP they were given last year is no longer needed this year. It should have been adjusted. (That why it is called Balance of Performance). What we currently have is Unbalance of Performance.
They have received 20kg from Spa, so it has changed. As for the 'should have been changed from last year' Porsche runs the same bop as the old car other than rear wing height. Seems the ACO just went 'as-is' in terms of bop from the end of last season to the beginning of this one.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3264741)   #7220
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
The ACO know that the only real adjustment that needs to be made to the Astons are the restrictor sizes. Everything else is for the "Tourist to see" so to speak.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 10:40 (Ref:3264778)   #7221
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
The ACO know that the only real adjustment that needs to be made to the Astons are the restrictor sizes. Everything else is for the "Tourist to see" so to speak.
+1
Old 19 Jun 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3264783)   #7222
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3264801)   #7223
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amen brother!
Old 19 Jun 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3264805)   #7224
porman
Veteran

Quote:
I assure you that I would be "upset" if the ACO had turned a blind eye on any of the other car's obvious performance superiority due to BOP.
I don't like to be "pretended" to. As a fan, I find it insulting. If AM had this performance advantage due to design/hard work/ and engineering prowess (like Ferrari does) then you would not hear a peep from me.
As usual, the voice of logic. It always amazes me when someone can be blinded by loyalty to a marque etc. I happen to be a Porsche supporter but will also be one of the first to voice criticism.

As it stands, Ferrari deserve the win. The 458 is one hell of a car.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 13:08 (Ref:3264845)   #7225
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Right, man! That's the point!
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR