Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Nov 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3866418)   #701
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Ha ha. Thanks, not feeling so sure about that after having pigged out too much last week.

Besides, I got a hot lap once at Sebring, it was a sobering experience. I always liked to think, "I'm a good driver, I could do what they do". After having a professional drive around that circuit at about 9/10ths and being terrified the whole time, yeah, I'm not cut out for that!
HA!

I get winded doing 13 laps on a go-kart track. So much so the visor gets fogged up!

Not bad for a fattie, eh?
Edit: not sure why is showing upside down, but I'm quick on a short stint, is the point
_
Attached Thumbnails
20180312_131549.jpg  

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 27 Nov 2018 at 20:34.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 00:25 (Ref:3866495)   #702
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Seems General Motors has millions to spend in crying-baby Alonso but can't avoid slashing more than 14,000 jobs. It doesn't look good to me.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 02:40 (Ref:3866510)   #703
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Seems General Motors has millions to spend in crying-baby Alonso but can't avoid slashing more than 14,000 jobs. It doesn't look good to me.
I didn't know he was hired by GM (if hired at all...)...and 'don't know anybody in IMSA making "millions" (not even Roger, I bet...)...
Just for discussion, assuming it's so, what company, that even though downsizing, doesn't continue to advertise? If not, they'd be losing more revenue, thus having to downsize even more.
'Link to source and salary info for Ferdi please....thanks.

jimclark
Old 28 Nov 2018, 03:29 (Ref:3866513)   #704
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Plus most of the cuts are due to that plant not making a product anyone wants to buy so GM should keep them employed and building those models because??

And there's no way Alonso can demand millions for a couple appearances at best since he would likely only be able to do Daytona and Sebring.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3866570)   #705
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And Jordan Taylor with the irreverence straight away. https://twitter.com/jordan10taylor/s...14625615425536
Old 28 Nov 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3866578)   #706
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And Jordan Taylor with the irreverence straight away. https://twitter.com/jordan10taylor/s...14625615425536
That did make me laugh a bit. I wonder if Alonso has seen it?
Old 28 Nov 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3866596)   #707
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I've met you. You look like you could do a triple stint.

But agreed. 5 drivers is a bit much with 4 even borderline for me.

Kudos to those who find any seat though!
I'm fine with 4 pro drivers. I think that the 5th driver should be an amateur.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 14:13 (Ref:3866606)   #708
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Driver signings are beginning to trickle out. Will Owen will be aboard the Juncos Caddy.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/1...-campaign.html
Old 28 Nov 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3866642)   #709
lemansnsx
Rookie

lemansnsx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting mention in the Sportscar365 article about Starworks returning to GTD about Core and Starworks looking into purchasing ESM's OnRoak Nissans but being unable to come to terms over the entrant fees with IMSA and Nissan. Nissan should take the $1,000,000 back from Ghosn and go racing.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...dalziel-chase/
Old 28 Nov 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3866658)   #710
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansnsx View Post
Interesting mention in the Sportscar365 article about Starworks returning to GTD about Core and Starworks looking into purchasing ESM's OnRoak Nissans but being unable to come to terms over the entrant fees with IMSA and Nissan. Nissan should take the $1,000,000 back from Ghosn and go racing.

It's crazy that IMSA wants that much just to enter a certain make of car. If they want to get more cars into the series (McLaren, Nissan both the GTD & DPi, Aston?, Callaway Vette) they need to drop the entrant fee. Since it's NASCAR/France family running the show it's highly unlikely.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3866660)   #711
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Nissan have made it clear that they're not interested in running in IMSA. So that's not gonna happen.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 18:49 (Ref:3866664)   #712
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'm fine with 4 pro drivers. I think that the 5th driver should be an amateur.
And what if he never got in the car? Anybody for that matter? A penalty? Something?
I haven't read the rules for years, but there's nothing that I remember stating that a listed driver MUST drive.

jimclark
Old 28 Nov 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3866700)   #713
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I've met you. You look like you could do a triple stint.

But agreed. 5 drivers is a bit much with 4 even borderline for me.

Kudos to those who find any seat though!

I've seen other pics that indicate the car would look a little preowned after 3 of his stints.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 23:07 (Ref:3866721)   #714
lemansnsx
Rookie

lemansnsx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
And what if he never got in the car? Anybody for that matter? A penalty? Something?
I haven't read the rules for years, but there's nothing that I remember stating that a listed driver MUST drive.
The drive time table for the Daytona 24H shows that the number of entered drivers and the number of drivers meeting the minimum drive time per driver must match.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 23:31 (Ref:3866728)   #715
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
The drive time table for the Daytona 24H shows that the number of entered drivers and the number of drivers meeting the minimum drive time per driver must match.
Thanks. I think I get it; 'sure as heck ain't positive though.
I don't understand why when if you need your hotshoe pedaling extra stints due to circumstances but can't.... I know, I know....good ol' leveling of the playing field.
When did this start? I remember drivers switching to a team's sister car and even other teams (AJ from DNF'd AM Nimrod to Henn's 935 for the win, '83, for example); or just not used, even tho' officially entered as a driver. Legal at the time...

Got a link by chance? I'd like, to check it out. edit: never mind, I found this and even if not up to date, I git the gist...as I thought. https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/i...d-drive-times/

Last edited by jimclark; 28 Nov 2018 at 23:57.

jimclark
Old 29 Nov 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3866846)   #716
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post

I've seen other pics that indicate the car would look a little preowned after 3 of his stints.
Ha! That just might be me after 1 stint. Car and body!
Old 29 Nov 2018, 14:51 (Ref:3866849)   #717
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
It's crazy that IMSA wants that much just to enter a certain make of car. If they want to get more cars into the series (McLaren, Nissan both the GTD & DPi, Aston?, Callaway Vette) they need to drop the entrant fee. Since it's NASCAR/France family running the show it's highly unlikely.
I can somewhat understand the 'logic' behind the manufacturers fee but I'm not a fan of it either. However, the business model is currently proving to be successful, at least on a level where the series is sustainable - for the time being that is.

I wouldn't mind seeing the option for manufacturers to participate on a race-by-race base with the fee split in single race ones/partial season (with an obvious higher one for the enduros vs. lower for the sprint races), much like IMSA is now doing for the GTD sprint cup (If the seasonal manufacturers fee is $1M then Daytona or Sebring could be $150.000 or something).

None of this will bring Nissan back/in but it might convince others to give the series a try.
Old 29 Nov 2018, 17:41 (Ref:3866868)   #718
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I think one of the fee's purposes is for the full season commitment that IMSA can use for marketing. Huge drawback is that someone like Callaway probably can not Pay-to-Play. I may be wrong, but I think McLaren can afford, but haven't they had issues with gearbox reliability that would destroy their enduro chances?
Old 30 Nov 2018, 14:37 (Ref:3867017)   #719
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I think one of the fee's purposes is for the full season commitment that IMSA can use for marketing. Huge drawback is that someone like Callaway probably can not Pay-to-Play. I may be wrong, but I think McLaren can afford, but haven't they had issues with gearbox reliability that would destroy their enduro chances?
One would expect less issues with the introduction of the new GT3 car. Sounds like McLaren will make its entrance in the GTD Sprint cup starting at Mid-O.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3867035)   #720
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Madison Snow really got the shaft here by IMSA

"Racing has become as much about politics as the team and drivers getting the car to the finish line every weekend.

“After a lot of broken promises and false hopes on the path to next year, when it became final that Bryan and I wouldn’t be able to defend our championship together due to my upgrade in IMSA driver rankings, I finalized my decision that I didn’t want to continue in IMSA.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...-EWBtKp8gUsDPc
Old 30 Nov 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3867059)   #721
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it seems IMSA hasn't responded well to PMR's request to return Madison to Silver and it doesn't seem like WC is their path either as he had parted ways with Paul Miller according to Racer this morning. It sounds like his comments are he's let the team and Sellers will remain and they are working on an IMSA plan with a new silver driver.

https://racer.com/2018/11/30/paul-mi...its-with-snow/
Old 30 Nov 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3867061)   #722
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
His performance was rewarded with a championship as well recognition of his abilities. What else are you shooting for as a racing driver?

The recognition took the form of upgraded driver ranking. I'm finding it hard to have sympathy that a good driver is being recognized as such.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 17:23 (Ref:3867064)   #723
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Madison Snow really got the shaft here by IMSA

"Racing has become as much about politics as the team and drivers getting the car to the finish line every weekend.

“After a lot of broken promises and false hopes on the path to next year, when it became final that Bryan and I wouldn’t be able to defend our championship together due to my upgrade in IMSA driver rankings, I finalized my decision that I didn’t want to continue in IMSA.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...-EWBtKp8gUsDPc

I did not expect him to quit racing over a driver ranking. Tough decision to make for Madison I'm sure. Does anybody know what the family business is that he is referring to here? Maybe in a few years he'll drop down the rankings and return to driving.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3867066)   #724
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
His performance was rewarded with a championship as well recognition of his abilities. What else are you shooting for as a racing driver?

The recognition took the form of upgraded driver ranking. I'm finding it hard to have sympathy that a good driver is being recognized as such.

Because he is an well-monied amateur who has a real job, but this is his hobby. He's fast yes, but just because you're paying it doesn't mean you have to be slow. He / his family has spent millions to race, and since they can't continue to do so in the way that they want, they're taking their money and doing something else with it. GTLM would have been the place to play with a pro/pro line up but the cost is so high it's not feasible even for a well-off family like the Snows.

He's not a pro driver and according to those who would know (marshall pruett) , isn't interested in it either. IMSA and sportscar racing's loss IMO.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3867072)   #725
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
In what other sport is a "promotion" hurting you career? Sportscar racing is the answer.

Still I think Madison is not handling it very well. I liked the Blancpain GT idea, why did he change is mind? Maybe media reaction scared him? He might be reading us for all we know.

My hope for Bryan Sellers is that perhaps Paul Miller racing can get funding for sprint cup program at least. If they can't get a full season then maybe Bryan can get on with Grasser or Magnus for Daytona and Sebring