Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Aug 2009, 14:16 (Ref:2526088)   #701
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, now see, I don't understand the reasoning here. LAA is the defending LMS GT-1 Champion who has done FFSA and FIA on occasion but is not a full season entrant in either. To me it makes sense if the program is to be contracted, for whatever reason, the LMS program is the last to see any changes.

L.P.
I would agree with you on this if LAA had any competition for the Championship in LMS. There are only two races left and they have a pretty insurmountable lead if they just finish the remaining races. They can easily just run with the GT2s tomorrow and finish second and score 8 points pretty much sealing the deal. I don't think LAA would be risking much to finish the season in FIA-GT.

DK
Old 22 Aug 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2526104)   #702
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I would agree with you on this if LAA had any competition for the Championship in LMS. There are only two races left and they have a pretty insurmountable lead if they just finish the remaining races. They can easily just run with the GT2s tomorrow and finish second and score 8 points pretty much sealing the deal. I don't think LAA would be risking much to finish the season in FIA-GT.

DK
But they are an LMS team! I do seem to recall a certain team dissing the LMS for FIA very recently, and getting relegated to the "B" list for Le Mans! Ask Leconte.
Irregardless, they chose what was best for them!

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2526244)   #703
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
But they are an LMS team! I do seem to recall a certain team dissing the LMS for FIA very recently, and getting relegated to the "B" list for Le Mans! Ask Leconte.
Irregardless, they chose what was best for them!

L.P.
I guess I was trying to say, they could finish out the FIA-GT season without risking their status in LMS as they would certainly finish that series out as well and most likely win, guaranteeing themselves a spot at Le Mans. However, you are probably right and they just wanted to play it safe.

DK
Old 23 Aug 2009, 06:41 (Ref:2526434)   #704
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I guess I was trying to say, they could finish out the FIA-GT season without risking their status in LMS as they would certainly finish that series out as well and most likely win, guaranteeing themselves a spot at Le Mans. However, you are probably right and they just wanted to play it safe.

DK
Well should LAA win tomorrow at the Nring, I'd think that would pretty much sew up the GT1 championship for them in the LMS. Perhaps then they could put a bit more focus in other series.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2526525)   #705
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Well should LAA win tomorrow at the Nring, I'd think that would pretty much sew up the GT1 championship for them in the LMS. Perhaps then they could put a bit more focus in other series.
I think they already have a 10 point lead, so another win or 8 points would clinch it.
As long as they finish the races, even if second they'll win.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2526571)   #706
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
FIA-GT is imposing a 30 kg penalty on all Porsches with steel sleeves in the engine. See here: http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/08/...from-budapest/

DK

May as well give the title to AF Corsa. Gee, I wonder who's jumping for joy about this....
Old 23 Aug 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2526577)   #707
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yeah thats really nice, after that stuning Spa 24 Hours victory, it would be a shame if the Belgian-Dutch team can't do the remaining races, especailly now that they are leading the standing
Old 23 Aug 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2526671)   #708
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ferrari, AF corse, and Bruni/Vilander are leading the points,

whats wrong with the 30 kg penally, they just removed the 30kg weight reduction they gave them in the first place,

so the field is now exacly as it should be by the rules ferrari 1145 kg smaller restrictor and tiers, porsche 1245 bigger restrictors and tires
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2527391)   #709
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
By virtue of LAA getting their car back out on the track just before the end of the 6 hour race yesterday at the Nurburgring and it being able to run one lap and cross the finish line, they scored second place points and wrapped up the LMS GT1 Championship. They now have an insurmountable 13 point lead (38 to 25 over Larbre). I'm hoping this will convince them to give the rest of the FIA-GT series a shot. It would be nice to be able to have another very fast Corvette in the field especially if you have Maasen and Biagi at the wheel.

DK
Old 25 Aug 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2528064)   #710
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
+100kg for #4 as to compare with SRT. And almost 100 for Bartels car. It's nonsense! Only the best pilots driving the best car must win! Why is Ratel playing with weights too? They have already made a circus from WTCC,and now in search for another clowns?!
Old 25 Aug 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2528117)   #711
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the weights in FIA GT aren't news .. it's been used for a good number of years .. and it worked quite ok

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Aug 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2528178)   #712
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
the weights in FIA GT aren't news .. it's been used for a good number of years .. and it worked quite ok
The trick in FIA-GT has always been to score some points when carrying the "success weight". Vitaphone, especially Bartels, has made a craft of it and that's why he wins every year.

DK
Old 26 Aug 2009, 05:12 (Ref:2528309)   #713
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But is it fair to play with 100kg? I know they used a ballast system for a long time. In fact it's rather fair. But it's fair if it has strict and clear regulations: you win - get X kg, second - Y kg and so on. Everybody should be able to calculate the weight not using Internet and only knowing results from previous race. It would be fair. But when some bureaus begin to act I call it circus. So,it appears to be,that all other drivers and cars are so bad that they can win only with 100+kg handicap? If I was them I'll take offence at it.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2528487)   #714
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it's in the rules .. even AFCorse #50 has 100kilos . 50 for maximum balast in GT2 and 50 for having 2 factory drivers ..
#1 has 80kg for results + 25 which is imposed on every MC12

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Aug 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2528698)   #715
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
it's in the rules .. even AFCorse #50 has 100kilos . 50 for maximum balast in GT2 and 50 for having 2 factory drivers ..
#1 has 80kg for results + 25 which is imposed on every MC12
Doesn't #60 have ballast too, because of Collard and Westbrook being pros?

Tom.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2528758)   #716
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
they do have the 50 kilos for factory drivers .. just not the 50 for results ..

Ciao Marco
Old 29 Aug 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2530522)   #717
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Looks like LAA will finish out the season after all:

http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/08/...and-aventures/

With Tomas Biagi as partner to Xavier Maasen. Good duo.

DK
Old 30 Aug 2009, 01:09 (Ref:2530790)   #718
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Good news, that quite a good driver pairing, hope they come home strong in the second half of the season.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2530875)   #719
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks like LAA will finish out the season after all:

http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/08/...and-aventures/

With Tomas Biagi as partner to Xavier Maasen. Good duo.

DK
Same duo as last time out in Osler....whatever it is.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2530970)   #720
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news. And so far it's paying off. They're doing quite well so far in Budapest.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2539053)   #721
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
No K+K Saleens listed in the entry list for Algarve!!

See: http://www.fiagt.com/results.php?eve...n=Entry%20List

DK
Old 12 Sep 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2539079)   #722
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really not a fan of Vitaphone running 3 cars. Could anyone else realistically hope to win the Championship with 1 car when they've got 3?
Old 13 Sep 2009, 00:42 (Ref:2539339)   #723
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
No K+K Saleens listed in the entry list for Algarve!!

See: http://www.fiagt.com/results.php?eve...n=Entry%20List

DK
Well after what happened at Hungary maybe they pulled the pin, hopefully its just an oversight by the website and the they turn up. But they have had a pretty up and down year. And I thought after their win at Silverstone it was going to be a non Vitaphone championship year.

And as for Vitaphone running three cars, there isnt much that can be done unless the FIA hold the maximum two cars per team rule to the letter of the rule and with the team running Maseratis I dont think thats going to happen.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2539592)   #724
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ALMS has a rule limiting two cars per team. Yet there were still three Shortel, e-Silicon, redlinecoffee.com GT2 Porsches last year, and three DHL Penske Porsches at the end of the year...

... but they weren't all team mates... sure they came in the same truck, and the same team engineered them, and the drivers all exchanged notes, and they talked about being teammates, but they weren't teammates!

Chris
Old 14 Sep 2009, 23:42 (Ref:2540856)   #725
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
The ALMS has a rule limiting two cars per team. Yet there were still three Shortel, e-Silicon, redlinecoffee.com GT2 Porsches last year, and three DHL Penske Porsches at the end of the year...

... but they weren't all team mates... sure they came in the same truck, and the same team engineered them, and the drivers all exchanged notes, and they talked about being teammates, but they weren't teammates!

Chris
It's like the Audi Sport Joest and North America 'teams' and even more crazy the Aston Martin and Peugeot variations.

There's always a loophole which organizers will certainly overlook to aid revenue and the competition.