Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Nov 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3477236)   #701
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The crowdfunding effort is a poofteenth off £2.1m

Who'd have thunk it..

#RefuelCaterhamF1
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Nov 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3477247)   #702
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
That might be down to GP2 more than its drivers.
There has been a few examples of good drivers being made too look bad and vice versa.

Generally 3.5 has been a bit more obvious to tell ( Sorensen aside! )
agree.

personal opinion is if you've not made your talent clear on the track before you get to gp2 you're not going to have any luck in being recognised there. 3.5 is where "i THINK he knows what he's doing" becomes "yeah, he's quality" or "false alarm, stand down", imo. also f3, but that comes with a pinch of salt too. if you're good enough for f1, everyone who has the chance to make that happen knows you're good enough before you get to gp2. if you get spotted in gp2 it's because of chequebook girth

PRO TIP: formula renault 3.5 is the series. world series by renault is the event. that event includes multiple series including the clio eurocup, the 2 litre eurocup, 3.5 and whatever renault will call the new r1 series.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3477250)   #703
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unless you have access to shedfulls of family or sponsor money
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Nov 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3477255)   #704
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The 107% rule won't be enforced, I'm sure.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3477349)   #705
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think this F1 car of this race (at least Stevens' one) deserves a 1/43 Spark diecast. It will be an instant collectible, considering Caterham situation.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3477436)   #706
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The 107% rule won't be enforced, I'm sure.
Stevens ran a number of laps inside the 107% in both sessions despite his car troubles, so that should secure him a Stewards decision if needs be.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 22:22 (Ref:3477654)   #707
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Sounds like Caterham will line up 16th & 17th, after Mr Grosjean's engine penalty, and the scrubbing of the two Red Bulls from qualifying...

#RefuelCaterhamF1
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Nov 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3477656)   #708
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will Stevens was much closer to an experienced team mate than I would have expected.Sadly,I can't see the green cars doing anything other than being last of the runners this weekend.I wish them well with their quest for a new owner.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3477659)   #709
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's a funny old world where an aging career accountant can suddenly wind up running an F1 team, all dressed up in his Caterham TV shirt as a defacto team boss. This would be completely unimaginable for him as short as a few months ago that his life would take him in this direction.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3477660)   #710
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It's a funny old world where an aging career accountant can suddenly wind up running an F1 team, all dressed up in his Caterham TV shirt as a defacto team boss. This would be completely unimaginable for him as short as a few months ago that his life would take him in this direction.
He has not done a bad job considering the circumstances.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 23:58 (Ref:3477671)   #711
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
He has not done a bad job considering the circumstances.
The proof is in the pudding, well the eating of same, once the team is sold off to new investors...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Nov 2014, 00:50 (Ref:3477682)   #712
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes but it's his job to solidify companies that are falling apart.. He sees the basic principles of business being the same whether it be a F1 team or greengrocer that is going bust, I think he is right....
Old 23 Nov 2014, 03:09 (Ref:3477704)   #713
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's like any business. You will get a better return for creditors if you can sell the business as an ongoing concern.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3477753)   #714
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i think we should all applaud the efforts of all those involved in getting the team on the starting grid in a few hours, sterling work and my best wishes go out to all of them, drivers, mechanics and even the person making the tea
Old 23 Nov 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3477765)   #715
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime, the crowdfunding effort is just under £100k from the £2.35m target!

14 hrs to go!

#RefuelCaterhamF1
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Nov 2014, 12:57 (Ref:3477789)   #716
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
It's not like any business. An F1 team is far more complex, fast paced than a typical business. The administrator did do well here.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 06:59 (Ref:3478095)   #717
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime, the crowdfunding effort is just under £100k from the £2.35m target!

14 hrs to go!

#RefuelCaterhamF1
They hit it!!

#RefuelCaterhamF1

Nice work!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Nov 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3478161)   #718
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Caterham seem to be doing the post-season test here which might suggest they are still showcasing their wares for a potential new owner

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Nov 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3478162)   #719
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
If a buyer is gonna be found, odds on it'll be in the ME. So stickin' around for as long as is possible is smart.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 11:01 (Ref:3478163)   #720
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's daft to waste a bit of track time if you're there already and the team is in place.

anyone ready to eat humble pie over the team's performance this weekend?
Old 24 Nov 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3478189)   #721
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
anyone ready to eat humble pie over the team's performance this weekend?
I'll make some custard to go with it
Old 24 Nov 2014, 20:22 (Ref:3478343)   #722
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Caterham seem to be doing the post-season test here which might suggest they are still showcasing their wares for a potential new owner

It wasn't by choice, they just have no money to bring the cars home, or rather, take them anywhere else.

My bet is once the testing is over, they'll find another excuse to hang about in AD.

Old 24 Nov 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3478345)   #723
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I expect they testing because Will Stevens has £s
Old 24 Nov 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3478353)   #724
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder is there more to it then Stevens backers putting in some money to go testing. I am thinking it might have something to do with potential buyers. There has got to be some return for the administrator other that some money to pound rond AD afterall there are no full time staff left with Caterham to the best of my knowledge.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 09:57 (Ref:3478525)   #725
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Caterham Administrator Talking To Potential New Investor

Fernando Alonso??
#CANCERSUCKS