Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Aug 2002, 09:09 (Ref:352873)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, Fab - you're back!

Do all Frenchmen hibernate during the summer?

Since I posted my bank manager has extended a little financial sympathy!

So I'm hoping to be there after all. I will have to get in touch with Stoffer and Ian, two of our foremost Tourists to see what they're intending to do - but you can expect me there after all.

If they decide not to go, I shall be e-mailing you Fab.........!!!!
Old 8 Aug 2002, 13:48 (Ref:353080)   #52
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
News about the September event...

Ayse, I eventualy made some researches in the local press, and found another article in Ouest France about the problems occuring between ACO and the association of the straight line traders : the LM hotel managers threaten to sue (who ? ACO ? The traders ? It's not said...) someone if the event is canceled... For, there's 1830 rooms reserved in Le Mans for the entire event, that's enormous, and there's a lot of money to lose for those hotels... more : the customers gave deposit to reserve the rooms to a business depending of ACO, and ACO won't take the risk of giving back so much money...

It seems that the straight line traders are tryning to put the pressure on ACo to have more compensation money for the lost of activity during this week-end... and you know how ACO is, so diplomatic... ACO seems to be in its right, because the traders knew for a long time when was planned the race...

This is the story for the moment...

I'll keep on to check the press, event if I'm not a press buff (what's that ?!?)
Old 8 Aug 2002, 14:49 (Ref:353144)   #53
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Do all Frenchmen hibernate during the summer
No Aysi, they all go on holiday!!

Hibernate is something done in winter!! - see any dictionary. Same latin root as hiver - winter in French.

Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:04 (Ref:353619)   #54
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy

Hibernate is something done in winter!! - see any dictionary. Same latin root as hiver - winter in French.
Considering the weather nowadays, I think I'm hibernating all the same !
Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:44 (Ref:353651)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy

I was using the word in it's loosest sense!
Old 10 Aug 2002, 19:40 (Ref:354792)   #56
Julien
Rookie

Julien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According from today's Ouest France it's ok ACO won and Le Mans Classic will be as sheduled.
Old 11 Aug 2002, 07:36 (Ref:355077)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Julien
According from today's Ouest France it's ok ACO won and Le Mans Classic will be as sheduled.

Well that's good news, if perhaps expected. Not such good news for my bank manager - two trips to Le Mans within 3 months. What the hell am I going to do between September and next June?
Old 11 Aug 2002, 16:43 (Ref:355362)   #58
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
eerrr...pre-qualifying in may?

Old 12 Aug 2002, 07:22 (Ref:355787)   #59
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
If you insist, Ayse, there's the FIA-GT in October... and the Porsche cup in October too (I'll try to be in the pits for that one ).
Old 12 Aug 2002, 18:43 (Ref:356263)   #60
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dailysportscar.com are reporting that the Le Mans Classic is Definitely on, the ASO confirmed it on the 9th of August
Old 28 Aug 2002, 09:04 (Ref:367214)   #61
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Less than a month until the Big Weekend now.

Our small group will be staying in the lap of luxury at the Le Mans Novotel (with swimming pool and everything!)

Does anyone know anything extra to the rumour about jackets and ties being needed for the paddock?
Old 28 Aug 2002, 11:27 (Ref:367326)   #62
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Not a rumour! Dress code is as for Goodwood Revival. ACO will give you details. see you there?
Old 28 Aug 2002, 11:31 (Ref:367329)   #63
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
ACO will give you details. see you there?
I shall be the person in the ill-fitting charity shop blazer.

Update: From the lemansclassic.com website
Quote:
Each of the five grids will have its own paddock. Very verdant and well spaced, each paddock will host until 70 cars. The drivers will have their Club. The manufacturer sponsoring the grid will display its cars there. Overalls for the drivers and the mechanics, jacket and tie for the visitors will be the key to come in.
Looks like I could just find a boiler suit and a spanner and get in that way.

Last edited by Guy Humpage; 28 Aug 2002 at 11:39.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 11:57 (Ref:367358)   #64
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might be going - if I can find somewhere to stay. I haven't organised anything yet but if someone in the Bristol area wants a lift (and to share ferry costs etc). I'm hoping it'll be easy to buy tickets once I'm there (like for the june event).
Old 28 Aug 2002, 12:19 (Ref:367379)   #65
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Time for counting ourselves !

Hey, pals, it's time to count : who's coming for sure ?

Kpy, do you have a shop as for last June ? If yes, where ?

- TimD
- Guy Humpage + team
- Kpy
- Ayse (Ayse ?) + Stoffer Green (any news from him ?)
- Stefan (don't worry for the tickets : you'll buy them at the main entrance)
- FG (I hope) + team

Less people than june : let's meet, it will be easier !

I'll be on the track around 8h30 am on saturday... looking for a coffee for sure ! And I'll try first at the ACO bar in the Durand Grandstand (if it's open, but not sure at this hour...).

Last edited by Fab; 28 Aug 2002 at 12:23.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 13:41 (Ref:367449)   #66
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
I got a couple of rooms in the Novotel (http://www.novotel.com) yesterday, so you should still find some available.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 14:03 (Ref:367465)   #67
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If jacket and tie with no jeans worries you there's always the option to wear a dress - Guy's very lucky with his Novotel rooms - they only have Friday night as of 1500 hrs Wednesday - but there may be space at Alencon Formule 1 - I reckon the various tour operators will be returning their allocations over the next couple of weeks so more rooms may appear
Old 28 Aug 2002, 15:02 (Ref:367502)   #68
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Did you notice that there's now two 917 on the grid ? And two GTB4 ... and one 512 M, and a bunch of GT 40... well... who's missing that ?

Last edited by Fab; 28 Aug 2002 at 15:05.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 17:23 (Ref:367592)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm still hoping to be there, but Stoffer was supposed to be organising the trip and I've heard nothing from him for weeks. I must get in touch.........
Old 28 Aug 2002, 18:07 (Ref:367633)   #70
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke to Just tickets today about the campsites. The only one that will be open is Maison Blanche and is 49GBP a bit steep but it has to be cheaper than the hotels, plus you are trackside.

See you all there.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 00:33 (Ref:367874)   #71
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
£49 ?

Owch! That's a bit fierce! Oh well. Needs must, I suppose. (Thinks - wonder if there's a nice cheap little hotel in Chartres.)
Old 29 Aug 2002, 00:34 (Ref:367875)   #72
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One hesitates to try keeping a blazer pressed in a canvas tent!
Old 29 Aug 2002, 08:23 (Ref:368034)   #73
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two suggestions that may or may not work

Cheap Hotel - see above re Formule 1 Alencon & web book via www.accorhotels.com

Cheap Tickets - Book direct with the organisers SAVH who take credit cards and/or see the website - if you 'pm' your fax no I'll send you the form
Old 29 Aug 2002, 08:35 (Ref:368040)   #74
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clubmotorsport apparently have a very nice campsite (albeit 9kms from the track, but with nice toilets, showers and a bar) - it's £25 for the whole duration.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 08:36 (Ref:368041)   #75
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Another solution : going a little bit further...

For exemple : Angers, La Flèche, have hotels with places(try Ibis for an average price, Formule 1 is really cheap, Holiday Inn is quite affordable too..)