Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Sep 2003, 07:45 (Ref:704540)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am strangely with Hobo high on this one, I never thought there was a lot of love between Skaife and Lowndes, I mean they respected each other's abilities, and did all the right stuff in public, but not so sure it was a lot more than that.

There arent that many 2 car teams with drivers that are in love with each other. The late, great Barry Sheene always made mention of the fact that a driver's first point of reference is his teammate, and this is the person the first focus is often (but not always) referred to.

Craig was clever enough to know there was a seachange inside HRT with Mark's arrival, and in some ways, it helped push Craig in the direction he is now in.

Is it a good direction? Perhaps, perhaps not. Results wise it probably sucks, but if the environment is better, then the change is good.

All we need now is for Craig to get pushed a little further north into an SBR car, and the winning record will return, and the driver will improve leaps and bounds!

And no, I am not suggesting they should punt Rusty or Marcos or Mark, more that there should be 4 SBR cars
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Sep 2003, 07:54 (Ref:704547)   #52
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love him or hate him,I don't think you can really criticise his skill on the track. The dude can definitely drive, and he also seems to have a good idea of how to set up a car.
Personally, I don'tadmire him and that is due to his arrogant nature when interviewed or on the panel show.. Over the years he has shown his dark side and to me he seems to think he's a cut above everyone else . His constant sniping at Ingall, who lets face it, is an easy target on the superstars show, comes to mind as I write.
To be fair , he also seems willing to admit he stuffed up occasionally and I applaud any driver who is willing to come clean when an incident was directly related to his own input, or lack of it LOL.
Regardless of what we think, Skaife is gonna be around for a LONG, LONG, time.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 08:23 (Ref:704575)   #53
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobo high
knock yourself OUT !
Sorry, you'll have to come up with something better than that.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 09:08 (Ref:704612)   #54
Hobo high
Racer

Hobo high should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

, Is this better skaifey's only no-1 fan
Old 1 Sep 2003, 09:09 (Ref:704613)   #55
Mattracer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Jones
His constant sniping at Ingall, who lets face it, is an easy target on the superstars show, comes to mind

I'm not sure about the 'easy target' tag, but Ingall gves every bit as good as he gets, and not just from Skaife either. After a public rap over the knuckles from Tony Cochrane for daring to suggest that Bathurst shouldn't be for points and his penchant for (series sponsor) VB, he corrected TC over the years under which Bathurst had been "compromised" for the sake of points then graciously retired to his corner.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 09:10 (Ref:704614)   #56
Mattracer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobo high
, Is this better skaifey's only no-1 fan
Err nup , but you are right about one thing. He has the number 1.