Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2001, 19:16 (Ref:145030)   #51
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bueno? was he related to a driver called Luis Bueno? or is that a common Brazilian name? he drove F1 didnt he?
Old 11 Sep 2001, 19:27 (Ref:145034)   #52
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bueno is not very common. But he was not a driver and the only link to racing is his son Cacá Bueno, in some brazilian series...

And, no Paulzinho, the first one was Roberto Cabrini.

Galvão Bueno and Reginaldo Lemme (the other commentator, some sort of Martin Brundle , became famous due their hilarious discussion in the GP of Japan, when Piquet won, but Senna was WDC. Bueno as a pesonal friend of Senna and Lemme of Piquet !!!
Old 11 Sep 2001, 20:45 (Ref:145064)   #53
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by FastJoel31
Jackie Oliver's crash at Rouen in I think 69' was pretty bad, one of the fenceposts tore the car in half.
Was '68, rear wheels and gearbox were 30 yds from the rest of the car and Oliver was totally unhurt, unlike Schlesser a couple of days later.
Maybe today's not the day to be discussing crashes .........
Old 12 Sep 2001, 03:27 (Ref:145170)   #54
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed
Old 12 Sep 2001, 14:33 (Ref:145274)   #55
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi

And, no Paulzinho, the first one was Roberto Cabrini.

Thanks, i couldnt quite remember who it was but i remember my grandfather saying to me when someone who was speaking on TV that this was the first person to have seen senna in hospital.
Old 13 Sep 2001, 03:28 (Ref:145513)   #56
Opposite Lock
Rookie

Opposite Lock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been following F1 since 1967 and have witnessed some horrifying accidents, but the one that affected me most (and I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread so far) was Jochen Rindt's at Monza in 1970.

I was 14 years old, and he was my hero.
Old 13 Sep 2001, 07:53 (Ref:145531)   #57
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Rindts crash was horrid. I have a picture in book somewhere showing his Lotus with his feat sticking out the front, mangled... Not a good sight at all.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 10:58 (Ref:145978)   #58
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to wonder what kinds of videos and books would put some of the accidents that are being mentioned in it. I have seen a number of the early Havoc videos, and have read about all of the accidents mentioed and have seen some pictures in Louis Stanley's book "Strictly off the record", but none i have seen have been quite as detailed as have been mentioned.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 12:08 (Ref:146005)   #59
The Moon Monkey
Racer

Ireland
The Temples of Syrinx
The Moon Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly, Senna's death was a fluke - the impact itself did not kill him - it was a piece of suspension which pierced his helmet - could have gone anywhere to be honest... Hence, the FIA's requirements for cockpit safety to be improved...

I found Gerhard Berger's crash in 1989 in the Ferrari (also at Tamburello) disturbing - I cannot believe he survived when fire erupted on impact - his accident looked far worse than Senna's but he survived.

LUCK?
Old 15 Sep 2001, 19:01 (Ref:146642)   #60
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you can add Alex Zanardi's crash today to this list.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 19:21 (Ref:146648)   #61
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the light of Alex Zanardi's crash today and in the interests of taste and decency, could someone close this thread now, please? Our thoughts and prayers should be with Alex, not examining in morbid detail which crash is the most spectacular, especially those that involve death or serious injury.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 19:23 (Ref:146649)   #62
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worst crash ever: Alex Zanardi's one today.

END OF TOPIC!
Old 15 Sep 2001, 19:26 (Ref:146652)   #63
Ian-S
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed Demon
not examining in morbid detail which crash is the most spectacular, especially those that involve death or serious injury.
Please read throught the complete thread, you will then see that this is not the reason for, or intention of this thread.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 19:28 (Ref:146654)   #64
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well alright, perhaps 'morbid detail' was taking it a bit far but then I'm a bit upset right now, as Alex is one of the most decent racers around.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 19:31 (Ref:146655)   #65
Ian-S
Racer

Yes, I know how you feel, I've known Alex for many years and todays events have upset us all.

I wasn't having a go at you.

Last edited by Ian-S; 15 Sep 2001 at 19:31.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 22:29 (Ref:146754)   #66
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zanardis is probably the worst i have seen even though i havent seen it properly.

As for those who wish this thread to be closed i can understand your viewpoint but this thread is a reminder of how sad and dangerous F1 and motor racing can be.

I will not ask for this thread to be closed but will instead leave any decision in the hands of the administrators and will respect any decision that they make.

Once again i apologise for any offence caused.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 22:49 (Ref:146764)   #67
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No problem, Paulzinho, once more this thread is valid.

Yes, I would add Zanardi's crash to the list.

Speed Demon, don't be so hard on this thread, because it was not its original goal to offend or cause disgusting reactions to anyone. It started after Burti's crash and people are posting their opinions since then.

Let's focus our minds in Alex's recovering...

Last edited by Bononi; 15 Sep 2001 at 22:51.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 22:52 (Ref:146766)   #68
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alex Zanardi

I had a terrible feeling when I saw it on EuroSport. The thing is, while the race was on, EuroSport had Formula 3000 on, and at one point the commentator said there was another piece of Motor racing enws to gvie, before being interrupted by co-commentator Gareth Rees, who said it was just a retirement down the order (which didn't happen), and I knew they were covering a big crash. But when I saw it, my initial reaction was that he was dead. I hope he makes a serious go of his life, in essence he is still a very lucky man with lots to live for.