Raikkonen 30 31.91%
Webber 2 2.13%
Montoya 1 1.06%
Other - specify 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Jul 2004, 19:32 (Ref:1035744)   #51
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interestingly enough, starting from the back of the grid can be an ideal position, particularly if you haven't quite got a winning car.
This is because all of a sudden, the pressure is off. Things can only get better. So the driver is much more relaxed about being aggressive; there's nothing to loose. Everything is a bonus/win. Once you're confidence is up and you've passed a few, the car feels good beneath you, you really start to fly.
I suspect this could have been how Fisi reacted so I wasn't that impressed by his result.
Very interesting these mental adjustments that are available.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 19:34 (Ref:1035745)   #52
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe he should skip qualifying at every race, then.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 05:22 (Ref:1036048)   #53
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing which is possible from the back of the grid is that you can run a very different strategy with nothing to lose.

Fisi had a good strategic race just like MS. He's car is fully fueled up so that when the road clears as cars in front pits, Fisi have a light car on suitable BS tires to make up many places. And that doesn't take away the superb drive he had put in.

Honestly, it's really hard to judge who is the best driver of the race...choosing one would be doing injustice to the efforts of the other 2 drivers, be it MS/Kimi/Fisi.

And i'm very pleased to see Fisi and Sauber getting their acts together once again.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1036862)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've voted for Fisi.

And this thread is back at the top! There are still a few days to vote...
Old 15 Jul 2004, 08:37 (Ref:1037067)   #55
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
So, its official now. All the Fisi-doubters are back on board. I hate to tell you this, but I TOLD YA SO!

FORZA FISI!
Old 15 Jul 2004, 09:14 (Ref:1037081)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not.

Good as it was I'm afraid he was overtaking lesser cars (or in the case of, Jag a generally slower car with equal fuel load) whilst MS (Gawd knows I hate saying this) was driving an overweight car at lap record speeds.

That was for me the difference.
Old 15 Jul 2004, 10:29 (Ref:1037146)   #57
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reading JPM's article in Telegraph..can i change my vote to him instead ? Quote JPM:"Put it this way - I have never worked so hard in my life for fifth place."

I do appreciate that! Honest! *cough*