Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Apr 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2869968)   #51
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I was piling on the suncream all day and I still ended up red!

Good weekend, if spoiled a bit by seeing Luke Williams be taken away by ambulance after crashing hard in the final FF race approaching Druids. Haven't heard anything so I assume he was just knocked about a bit.

Earlier I caught the end of the Bridgman/Hodgetts/McDonald incident at the same corner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9hLGViHkE
Old 26 Apr 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2870241)   #52
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto on the redness! Like the video Jon, and particularly whichever Ginetta driver it was who didn't seem to be too keen to hang around!

Two good GT races, particularly the second. Was amusing with all the chaos around the two Trackspeed's getting various talkings too from the officials. Wasn't surprised by Bridgman getting into trouble for taking the Fosters loop, said it at the time! Am very surprised though that the Mike Guasch Audi didn't get a penalty for overtaking under yellow flags at Old Hall though!

Perhaps the officials though that UA's bizarre pit stop strategy was more than a penalty!
Old 26 Apr 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2870342)   #53
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
The usual highlights on Channel 4 (30 min minus breaks) & Motors TV (60 min minus breaks) -

http://www.britishgt.com/tv.php

Edit: Don't know if it's geo-locked, but the GT/F3 programmes are also shown on 4oD, along with the support race programmes: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/motor-sport/4od
Thanks for the links
Old 27 Sep 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2961619)   #54
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This thread seemed to die a death after the first round, what are people's thoughts on the season so far? I've not made it to a meeting unfortunatley but I've watched all the rounds on Motors and I've enjoyed the vast majority of it. The grids seemed to have bounced back and the quality of the racing has been strong. Can only bode well for next season.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2962869)   #55
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Due to work commitments I've probably followed this year's BGT the least of any season this century. Not made it to a single round yet.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2968673)   #56
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the Donington race highlights on Motors over the weekend and I quite enjoyed it, I'm gonna make an effort to see the series next year at maybe somewhere like Oulton Park especially if the GTR returns to the series.

I like the looks of some of the cars competing these days like the Chevron and Ginetta. Good to see the series back on good health.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2968934)   #57
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The season seemed to be a great one judging from DSC write-ups, which is the main format by which I've been following the series for over a decade now. This series desperately needs a live TV deal though - time to get on the same page as France, Germany etc!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2968949)   #58
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
This series desperately needs a live TV deal though - time to get on the same page as France, Germany etc!
According to DSC that could be on the cards in the next couple of years. I have a feeling it'll be limited to a website feed and Motors TV, though.

I'm impressed at the way BGT has improved since '09. You really could hear them putting the finishing touches on the coffin and the gravestone, so the strong racing we've had this year is wonderful.

Plus with Chevron and Ginetta we have a little bit of that variety which used to be such a big draw for this series.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2968951)   #59
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thirty cars made it to the start for this weekend's final round so it would appear that the organisers have got something right to attract all these entrants.

Having been to Snetterton, Donington and Silverstone's rounds this year I hope that the growth in interest continues and that they keep the mixture of race lengths.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2972086)   #60
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been watching the highlight shows on MotorsTV and the spectacle rivals ADAC GT Masters.
It would be good enough for me if they start having live feeds on the internet if a 'mainstream' TV deal is not possible.