Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Oct 2003, 04:12 (Ref:738740)   #51
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sevi
what is different about car 3?
TBA has been replaced by TIm Leahey
Old 3 Oct 2003, 04:16 (Ref:738743)   #52
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
But if you look at the combinations and the way they have been entered, it suggests that Ambrose and Ingall will not be in the same car...
Might be a good thing. I have to wonder at the reasons why the teams place the "no. 1" drivers in the same car. Although some may argue about Russ being of the same status as Marcos..
Old 3 Oct 2003, 04:17 (Ref:738744)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Business should come first, of course, as it pays the bills.. I will change my view if Mr Peters is at Bathurst however...

I have since also learned that Mr Peters was at QR midweek giving Speedy the sundown rundown on the #40 car...

It was interesting to read in AA/MN that Rod Dawson actually owns the Greenfield/Century car, not Mr Peters himself.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 04:19 (Ref:738748)   #54
RaceTime
Veteran

mjt57 - Ambrose and Ingall are now the official entered drivers for Car No 4 - see draft No 4 of the entry list...
Old 3 Oct 2003, 04:23 (Ref:738752)   #55
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
mjt57 - Ambrose and Ingall are now the official entered drivers for Car No 4 - see draft No 4 of the entry list...
OK, thanks Stephen. I'll check it out.

Oh well. I was hoping that RI would get his "own" car to drive.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 04:28 (Ref:738757)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nah, Rusty will lead the #4 car to glory, starting the event from wherever Marcos qualifies it, and presumably doing the lion's share of the driving on the Sunday

Not long now.....
Old 3 Oct 2003, 04:31 (Ref:738761)   #57
Food Processor
Rookie

Food Processor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More on Speedy...

Does anyone who was at Sandown know who qualified the #99 car? And if it was Thecko, what the hell was the team thinking?
Old 3 Oct 2003, 04:43 (Ref:738771)   #58
RaceTime
Veteran

If you have a look at Fridays Practice times hgere: http://www.racetime.com.au/?event=s0...iew=individual - look at the times before and after the pit stops (times shaded in blue) and you will see a 2 sec per lap difference between the first and second/third sessions on track.

Similarly in the first practice session http://www.racetime.com.au/?event=s0...iew=individual there is a 4 sec per lap difference.

In Sat mornings session http://www.racetime.com.au/?event=s0...iew=individual it appears the one driver completed all laps.

In qualifying, however, it is not so clear cut - http://www.racetime.com.au/?event=s0...iew=individual - They have done an out lap, come in and then gone for the rest of the session BUT the times are more those of the slower driver slowly coming down with decreased fuel load etc.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 04:44 (Ref:738772)   #59
RaceTime
Veteran

Hmmmm doing that, suggests I should pull the finger out to write the analysis software we have been worknig on
Old 3 Oct 2003, 04:52 (Ref:738774)   #60
Lyris
Racer

Lyris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Food Processor
More on Speedy...

Does anyone who was at Sandown know who qualified the #99 car? And if it was Thecko, what the hell was the team thinking?
Yah, Speedy qualified, do you have a problem with that???? I think he did a might fine job of following Cam McLean around the track
Old 3 Oct 2003, 05:09 (Ref:738783)   #61
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And the latest, 4th, draft of the Main 161 lap race here - http://racetime.com.au/racedata/entr...ry%20list1.pdf

Again - as a PDF to retain formatting.

Note the changes to driver details for cars 3, 59, 69, 72 and 89 and also the elimination of all the cross entrered drivers.
Good to see Mal Rose entered once again this time in a Ford. !!

TBA looks like hell still be a busy boy co driving for Dale Brede in place of Ricciardello and also for a Fernandez.
TBA would have to be the first driver to show up at the race in both makes on the same day.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 05:45 (Ref:738804)   #62
RaceTime
Veteran

I'll try and keep up with this - mind you I do not replace drivers unless they get announced officially - so no rumours get put in my lists.

Also, hope to have ready by Tuesday Night first issue of 2003 Bathurst Newsletter - containing most of the pre-release info, images etc - and then will be issuing one each day containing any media statements together with detailed results, lap times etc.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 04:00 (Ref:740744)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I just had a look at the entrant of HRT on your most recent entry list RaceTime, it is a company called Holden Racing Team Pty Ltd, and according to ASIC is now a company called Skaife Sports Pty Ltd....

If I recall correctly, I jokingly used the term SkaifeSport earlier in the season to name this new and revised team... did they copy me and therefore am I entitled to a prize???
Old 5 Oct 2003, 04:08 (Ref:740750)   #64
RaceTime
Veteran

Yep - the prize you get is to watch them perform at Bathurst

And, btw, although I haven't posted it - I reecived yet ANOTHER draft 4 not long after I posted my comment about drivers - this time with the pairings all stuffed up again BUT the advice given was that the one I created a PDF from was to be used for publicity purposes.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 04:30 (Ref:740757)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I will have to ask can I have a Monaro or something as a prize In that nice metallic blue I would even take the V6...

I presume publicity purposes means that the non-motorsport media gets a copy to wander thru their usual 'expert' appraisal of the race and the contenders... still not sure why Tony Ricciardello isnt on the list yet in the HYL seat...
Old 5 Oct 2003, 06:33 (Ref:740790)   #66
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re- Brett Peters. He has just opened up a new camera shop, and he really can't be away for 2 weeks, because he is booked in to do sponsor rides in the week after Bathurst. Plus Brett didn't get much of a go at Sandown. Really only got one flying lap in before the race, and even then he didn't get to start the race.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 07:19 (Ref:740799)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So he is giving Speedy the keys and hoping the car will be brought back in one piece?? Surely the dates of Bathurst and teh opening of the store were well known before the drive was accepted??
Old 5 Oct 2003, 07:26 (Ref:740801)   #68
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Makes you think he isnt as committed to the sport as some other potential drivers?
Old 5 Oct 2003, 07:40 (Ref:740802)   #69
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I would even take the V6...
Sorry to be a spoil sport GTR, but IIRC, Holden has dropped the V6 from the Monaro range.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 02:00 (Ref:743574)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Thats not good... altho the V6 engine is a dog anyway

Interesting perhaps that there is a very strong chance that Richo/LP will run a VX this weekend. Given that one of their 2 cars will be stuck with the VY, seems Dumbrell/Mezera may be giving it a hit.....

Kinda like the LP experiment with the VP, which didnt work either....
Old 8 Oct 2003, 02:38 (Ref:743588)   #71
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nor the vl..
Old 8 Oct 2003, 08:27 (Ref:743758)   #72
Mattracer
Veteran

I think the VP experiment in '96 wasn't helped by 'ol Rusty backing it in at Hell Corner but anyway...

He got the '92 Sandown 500 in the unlikely VL though.

Last edited by Mattracer; 8 Oct 2003 at 08:28.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 8 Oct 2003, 08:36 (Ref:743771)   #73
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...and won in '93 with a Holden engine when all the other Common-dores had jumped into the Chevy ship!
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 8 Oct 2003, 09:02 (Ref:743797)   #74
Mattracer
Veteran

Tyre change at the right time helped though and bought him a good lead over JR which he couldn't ultimately overcome. Brainpower (and luck?) at its finest.

Calling the shots from the cockpit, now there'a a dying art...

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 8 Oct 2003, 09:45 (Ref:743839)   #75
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im pretty sure the 1 less pit stop did him more favours..