Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Aug 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2945762)   #51
Lyddan1
Rookie

England
Lyddan1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Direct link to the entry list here:

http://www.rallycrossuk.com/documents/entry/round5.pdf

I think Binks is borrowing an MSE Mk.7 Fiesta? (Erikssons car).

I thought Liam might be entered in the RS200 rather than risking his ERC car (especially after what happened at the first BRC round this year!). Good to see Jansen on the list and Simon Horton making the BRC debut of his new car.

I guess the classics are in an informal class not on this listing. Has anyone any idea on numbers for the classic class yet?

Liam is going to use a C4 from another team on loan, for Lydden.
He's using the meeting to promote Monster, and not risk his ERC car.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2945815)   #52
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyddan1 View Post
A C4 of President Minnikhanov?
Old 25 Aug 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2945866)   #53
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyddan1 View Post
Ah, I see. Makes sense rather then risking his ERC car with the next round so close.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 22:46 (Ref:2945982)   #54
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
A C4 of President Minnikhanov?
where is the ex Oliver Ann, George Tracy C4 these days?
Old 25 Aug 2011, 23:37 (Ref:2946005)   #55
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmm

Last edited by Thundersports; 25 Aug 2011 at 23:50.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 07:48 (Ref:2946178)   #56
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As there was already talks about renting a Minnikhanov C4 for Belgium/Holland in case the KHM one of Liam would have too much damages after the X Games 17 I assume that would be their first choice…
Old 26 Aug 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2946238)   #57
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs 200 View Post
But someone's nicked his engine

no ones nicked my engine ?? who said that ??

but i am sorry to say that i wont be at lydden for some reason i wasnt awarded points for Belgium so pointless me racing

plus i did have to source a trailer and van etc due to demise of coach

apologies to all that thought the pink peril would be out !
Old 26 Aug 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2946566)   #58
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
no ones nicked my engine ?? who said that ??

but i am sorry to say that i wont be at lydden for some reason i wasnt awarded points for Belgium so pointless me racing

plus i did have to source a trailer and van etc due to demise of coach

in the list
http://www.rallycrossuk.com/documents/entry/round5.pdf
shame your not going mark
Old 26 Aug 2011, 19:10 (Ref:2946576)   #59
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
Bugger.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2947269)   #60
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam''s car is an old KHM C4 and was/is used by minnikhanov.
It is the car that was (like the guru said) also in belgium when the ERC car was damaged at the X-games. didn''t see the car in Holland.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 20:20 (Ref:2947920)   #61
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gronholm won
Old 30 Aug 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2948146)   #62
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Some incredible driving across all classes and by many drivers, but Gronholms "cornering" was breathtaking: he truly lived up to the hype of his UK rallycross debut!
Old 30 Aug 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2948167)   #63
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think (even without my obvious bias) that it was a great day. Firstly, the weather delivered just as Pat ordered and that - plus Marcus' presence - resulted in a crowd equalling or even beating the ERC! It is always a great sight to see the bank packed with cars.

Racing was great. We have Gronholm's two wheel escapade on the in-car and he was funny afterwards saying "as it went over I suddenly thought oops now i have to steer straight - and then it didn't come down!" But also shout out to Andy Scott because he could so easily have tapped Marcus (and it would have been a racing incident) but didn't. But the highlight for me was the lap Marcus put in to come out of the Joker in front of Scott. I called the race and didn't believe he could do that!

I thought David adjusted beautifully to a new car and new team. It is a massive difference moving from your family team to a professioinal works team and David did a magnificent job all weekend. Andreas Eriksson has very high expectations and regularly scolds his drivers when they don't meet them (yes, I know that is very ironic!) but David met his goals for the weekend and he and Andreas know where the next steps are. As an aside it was also great to hear that Marcus was working on David with his driving style.

So a great weekend. Great to see old friends and to meet the great John Taylor in person. First time seeing the Swifts race properly and they put on some fantastic racing. Our VIP guests loved the experience and hopefully we will introduce a few more companies to British Rallycross. And finally a big thank you to Pat and Lindsay Doran who helped make the weekend work so well for us.

Does Pat order sunshine for Knockhill btw?

Mark
Old 30 Aug 2011, 10:24 (Ref:2948221)   #64
Belgian Blitz!
Rookie

Belgium
Westerlo
Belgian Blitz! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a good day of fun,b-final,personal lap and heat record down by a fair few seconds.did put a little pressure on the Bmw in the final,was nice for a change.Got the chance to meet and speak to some legendary people.
Return is already certain for me.
I would like to thank everyone involved at Lydden for the warm and friendly welcome.
Might come over 1 more time this year,never been to Croft,got a car,got a trailer,so why not

ps:the 160bhp/1250kg story is true,just in case a certain non-believer would read this
Old 30 Aug 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2948251)   #65
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great day out yesterday - I hope us RX150 boys gave the crowd some good entertainment!

My first time racing at Lydden. Struggled a bit in the heats but it all came together in the father and son B final! Managed to get the best of Dad in that one so have the bragging rights until Knockhill.....

Good racing throughout the classes and massively impressed with young Mr Gronholm - though should we have expected anything less?....

Thankfully Brett Harris walked away from that massive RX150 A final shunt totally unscathed.

Adam
Old 30 Aug 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2948260)   #66
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Thankfully Brett Harris walked away from that massive RX150 A final shunt totally unscathed.
That's good to hear - the same goes for all the other drivers that got knocked about. Certainly seemed to be a few incidents throughout the day.

As for the racing - really enjoyed it, there were some cracking races throughout the classes. The only bit I didn't really enjoy was watching Martin get the Mk2 very sideways on the loose at paddock - heart in the mouth moment as he was facing the tyres When I went and had a chat with him he said "Don't know what you're worried about, there's not a mark on it" - typical driver

I haven't sorted my photos out yet, I'll put a couple up when I do. Has anybody else got any good ones (some very good ones of Marcus on two wheels around). And sorry Dave - I do have a photo of your "bonnet" incident (again ).

The RS200 was "Rosie" (at least that's my assumption - she did have "Doran" written on her), she looked to be in tarmac trim and was certainly too low to go onto the loose.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2948275)   #67
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
stuart107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

One of the few photos of the car actually going round the track!
Old 30 Aug 2011, 13:25 (Ref:2948307)   #68
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The RS200 was "Rosie" (at least that's my assumption - she did have "Doran" written on her), she looked to be in tarmac trim and was certainly too low to go onto the loose.
I initially thought that, but the front end had lights which the rallycross car didn't and I thought the engine configuration looked slightly different as well? And isn't Rosie right-hand drive? The car yesterday was a left hooker, wasn't it?

I'm assuming that the car yesterday was the ex-Dieter Knüttel hillclimb RS200 that was mentioned back on ERC24 a while ago:

http://www.erc24.com/?Show=News&ID=1793

Except now it has an engine!

As for pictures I think I've got an OK shot of Chris Langley attacking the scenery and I might have a shot or two of Ryan Lawford's little prang in the Fiesta. I was just watching at the time though, so the dust may have settled before I got the camera up and pressed the button!

Watching the Mk.2's go round was brilliant, especially up at North Bend on the morning runs, a couple of you managed to get very sideways on the way in, good job!
Old 30 Aug 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2948313)   #69
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Ah right, it could well have been Knuttels car then.

I think I've got a shot of Julian Godfrey going over at Chessons (it looked reasonable on the camera but I haven't seen it on a proper screen yet so it could be junk )
Old 30 Aug 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2948318)   #70
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I initially thought that, but the front end had lights which the rallycross car didn't and I thought the engine configuration looked slightly different as well? And isn't Rosie right-hand drive? The car yesterday was a left hooker, wasn't it?

I'm assuming that the car yesterday was the ex-Dieter Knüttel hillclimb RS200 that was mentioned back on ERC24 a while ago:

http://www.erc24.com/?Show=News&ID=1793

Except now it has an engine!
I think you are right, I had a look while it was in the pits with the rear clamshell off and the sub frame looked nothing like his old rallycross car.

In fact apart from the tub and a nod to the shape I suspect there are very little actual RS200 bits left on it.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 14:17 (Ref:2948319)   #71
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I think I've got a shot of Julian Godfrey going over at Chessons (it looked reasonable on the camera but I haven't seen it on a proper screen yet so it could be junk )
Yeah, I got some shots of Julian going over, but my lens isn't that great so I already know mine are going to come out a bit crappy! Hopefully someone caught it though.

Didn't see many cars getting much air (or as much air) as they rejoin the Canterbury straight from the loose section this time: or perhaps it was just that Gronholm had raised my expectations of how much daylight I should be able to see under the tyres!

I was just moving forward in my car (on the way out) when Brett Harris had his incident. Glad to hear he's OK as it looked like a vicious crash from my viewpoint.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 14:33 (Ref:2948323)   #72
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Footage of Julian going over;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wstQ4kIdMiA
Old 30 Aug 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2948490)   #73
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heres my pics from a cracking days racing
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...8#post13025348

60 races in one day equal bloody brilliant, no waiting for tv like the 1st round, only for accidents and retriving cars from gravel.
Was any more said on Brands, i heard it mentioned but i had to go at 5 and was wondering if anything more was said.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2948559)   #74
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Stuart emery by BtccPics1992, on Flickr
Old 31 Aug 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2948732)   #75
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
Footage of Julian going over;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wstQ4kIdMiA
Good clip, the same poster also has an excellent video of the RS200 in action.