Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 May 2024, 21:10 (Ref:4207551)   #51
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCT View Post
The Safety car picks up the wrong leader :/

How difficult is that, guys?
Bit tricky when the leader pits.
Old 5 May 2024, 21:12 (Ref:4207552)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz finally gets Piastri but it looks like he has front wing damage and has to pit.
Old 5 May 2024, 21:18 (Ref:4207553)   #53
TCT
Racer

TCT has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Bit tricky when the leader pits.
That was after he got out of the pit.

Even then, everybody knew Norris would lead after his pitstop.
Except race control maybe?
Old 5 May 2024, 21:18 (Ref:4207554)   #54
TCT
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I am hoping for a Lando win.
Richard

Aren't we all?
Old 5 May 2024, 21:19 (Ref:4207555)   #55
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
That was after he got out of the pit.

Even then, everybody knew Norris would lead after his pitstop.
Except race control maybe?
Where’s the safety car waiting though?
Old 5 May 2024, 21:21 (Ref:4207556)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Verstappen was saying over the radio he was having trouble steering. I wonder if hitting that bollard has something to do with it?
Old 5 May 2024, 21:23 (Ref:4207557)   #57
TCT
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Where’s the safety car waiting though?

If it waits at pit end, it always picks up the leader. Unless they are asleep.
Old 5 May 2024, 21:24 (Ref:4207558)   #58
TCT
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Verstappen was saying over the radio he was having trouble steering. I wonder if hitting that bollard has something to do with it?

He says that every race, doesn't he?

Or something like that, anyway...
Old 5 May 2024, 21:34 (Ref:4207559)   #59
TCT
Racer

Congrats Lando. Well deserved!

And long overdue...
Old 5 May 2024, 21:35 (Ref:4207560)   #60
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Nozza. It's been a long time coming since he nearly won at Sochi.
Old 5 May 2024, 21:36 (Ref:4207561)   #61
TCT
Racer

A Mercedes can win after all. They just need a better chassis...
Old 5 May 2024, 21:37 (Ref:4207562)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
He says that every race, doesn't he?

Or something like that, anyway...

I don't remember him running over bollards in every race.
Old 5 May 2024, 21:37 (Ref:4207563)   #63
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What a brilliant race.
Old 5 May 2024, 21:44 (Ref:4207564)   #64
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Then you will not be pleased that he was later given a further 50 second penalty for a further similar transgression.

He was called back to the Stewards later in respect of these transgressions which he had mentioned publicly in a post race interview, saying that he had done so on purpose to keep Hamilton behind and to attempt to increase the gap between him and the car in front.

The Stewards considered his response, and determined that no further action was required and that it didn't quite reach the determination to be classified as unsporting behaviour.

However, they further said that going forward, this behaviour will be monitored and this matter will be discussed within the FIA to see whether repeated transgressions like this needs to be given a heavier penalty.
Yes. I know he agreed he was OTT.
But I'm just looking at the whole issue of penalties and offences and i find it personally distasteful.

From experience there are other ways to mitigate and proceed in a far more reasoned manner, so I'm not convinced the present way of dealing with it is actually beneficial. for the sport.
Old 5 May 2024, 22:25 (Ref:4207576)   #65
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Really enjoyed that race and the result was really special - so very pleased to see Lando get his first win.

This weekend certainly has thrown up a variable mix of results and performance - can't have done the sport any harm at all in the US market.

Last edited by Tourer; 5 May 2024 at 22:45.
Old 5 May 2024, 22:27 (Ref:4207577)   #66
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Yes. I know he agreed he was OTT.
But I'm just looking at the whole issue of penalties and offences and i find it personally distasteful.

From experience there are other ways to mitigate and proceed in a far more reasoned manner, so I'm not convinced the present way of dealing with it is actually beneficial. for the sport.
The problem is that the drivers will not police themselves, so the only alternative is to penalise them by adding a time penalty. In this particular instance, Magnussen knew that he was driving in a way that was not in accordance with the rules, and he flouted it multiple times.

So, what alternative is there apart from the most draconian action which would be to black flag him and require him to explain his behaviour with the Stewards whilst the race continues? Mind you, do that once and I'm pretty sure drivers' on track behaviour will markedly improve!
Old 5 May 2024, 23:11 (Ref:4207586)   #67
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic win for Lando and McLaren. I am super happy for his win. It was great to see so many drivers and others who were also truly happy to see him win. Too bad Piastri was knocked back. Nice race for Yuki. I wonder what went on with Ricciardo's race.

Richard
Old 6 May 2024, 01:15 (Ref:4207590)   #68
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, I don't think I have mentioned this, but can I just say how fantastic that VCARB livery looked.

Richard
Old 6 May 2024, 02:02 (Ref:4207595)   #69
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't know that Lando and Zac met with Trump before the race.

No wonder they won...
Old 6 May 2024, 02:52 (Ref:4207596)   #70
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The problem is that the drivers will not police themselves, so the only alternative is to penalise them by adding a time penalty. In this particular instance, Magnussen knew that he was driving in a way that was not in accordance with the rules, and he flouted it multiple times.

So, what alternative is there apart from the most draconian action which would be to black flag him and require him to explain his behaviour with the Stewards whilst the race continues? Mind you, do that once and I'm pretty sure drivers' on track behaviour will markedly improve!
I've done that after a red flag incident caused by overdriving at a karting meeting. Red flag and then quietly dressed them down about driving standards.
Old 6 May 2024, 06:53 (Ref:4207611)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thoroughly enjoyed the highlights of that one. So pleased for Lando. Yes, he had a slice of luck but after the safety car, Max just couldn't make any inroads. Wonderful to see so many drivers go out of their way to congratulate him afterwards, and not just because they felt they had to. Super stuff.
Old 6 May 2024, 07:32 (Ref:4207613)   #72
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Great result. Long overdue win for Norris.

I felt a bit sorry for Piastri.

Maybe, just maybe RB will not have the whole season their own way.
Old 6 May 2024, 07:49 (Ref:4207614)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wouldn't it be good if by the end of the season we were moaning about McLaren dominance...... I'm not holding my breath though.....
Old 6 May 2024, 08:13 (Ref:4207618)   #74
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I felt a bit sorry for Piastri.
Yes the Sainz penalty felt inadequate for totally destroying Piastri’s race.
Old 6 May 2024, 09:55 (Ref:4207630)   #75
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I doubt anyone would begrudge lando that win but i also hope that he and mclaren can show that sort of race pace going forward.