Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 2011, 02:07 (Ref:2961454)   #51
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Despite the comment above, here's what I would describe as a fair and objective assessment:
There is clearly a bit missing from the picture of Raikkonnen.
Ferrari renewed his contract until 2013 despite his seasons of 2008 and 2009 looking a bit ordinary compared to Massa. Were they just trying to prevent him going elsewhere, GTR's offser above.
If they rated him highly the payment to get rid of a major threat may have been a good deal, but then he did not look that flash so why?

McLaren who knew him also preferred Button who had a pretty poor finish to his WDC season.
No 1 plate plus the notion that they would effectively be paying Ferrari for Raikkonnen's service, or something else they didn't like?
Being stiffed by Raikkonnen going to Ferrari may also have played a part.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 02:37 (Ref:2961461)   #52
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
but I remember Senna's motivation for 1993 was to have a winning car again, hence why he offered his services for free.
Senna (obviously) wanted the best car, but he was also being paid by Nacional, his personal sponser, so i'm sure he wouldn't have been potless in 1993

As i remember it, Ferrari offered Kimi X amount of money NOT to race for them, $16 mill, springs to mind for some reason, providing that he didn't then go and drive for another team (McLaren), if he did, he "only" get $5 mill. McLaren were offering $8-10 mill, so he would actually earn less for driving for Mac.

I think that Kimi just had a hard on for driving in WRC, that's now done and dusted, NASCAR's not happening, Le Man's would be "temporary" work, so now he wants to come back to F1.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 03:52 (Ref:2961467)   #53
cimatt
Rookie

Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
cimatt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it does happen, he will be fast.
But he won't be on podium.
Which is just as well, i've never really understood the words that come out of his mouth.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2961576)   #54
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Who will be his team mate if Kimi gets the gig?
Old 27 Sep 2011, 13:18 (Ref:2961658)   #55
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Senna (obviously) wanted the best car, but he was also being paid by Nacional, his personal sponser, so i'm sure he wouldn't have been potless in 1993
Uhn... That doesn't really make a difference as a real deal with a team, does it ? I can't quite remember if it was the case, but if it was, no surprise that they broke down shortly after that happening !
Old 27 Sep 2011, 13:23 (Ref:2961663)   #56
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Maldonado ?
Old 27 Sep 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2961665)   #57
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Maldonado has the megabucks there.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2961766)   #58
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Also worth noting that both parties have something to prove - Kimi that he still has it and Williams that they can still cut it - could be a good recipe to motivate each other, more I think about it more sense it makes.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2961794)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Another Kimi thread? Wonderful.
I can sense your unbridled enthusiasm oozing from the internet..... Sounds like your just about as enthused as I am......
Old 27 Sep 2011, 21:41 (Ref:2961892)   #60
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Obviously Jacques or JPM!
Old 28 Sep 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2962224)   #61
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
there are some people on here whose misconceptions and/or prejudices are so deeply embedded that there is no point is stating the truth.
That works both ways strider, we've been down this avenue before.

My reasoning regarding Raikkonen was that in spite of his speed he was not the right driver for Ferrari. Whether he got an arm around him or not, he just isn't a Schumacher type driver, where he put in extra-ordinary hours to direct the team to domination.

Alonso, was and remains a confrontational character, his very traits enough to divide people into loving or hating his behaviour.
But as a Ferrari fan, i want sustained success, and despite Ferrari being 3rd best this year, he's pushed the team constantly. Much like last year and nearly winning the WDC despite not having the best car.
If Pat Fry pushes Ferrari into producing a car on the level of the others, well, I'd put my house on Alonso.

I don't wish to appear critical of Kimi, I still thank him for winning the 2007 WDC, but a look at Ferrari's history shows they are best served by leaders of men, whether that was Ferrari himself, Montezemolo, Todt or drivers like Lauda, Schumi and Alonso.

Ultimately, we all have valid opinions of drivers and the reasons for our likes and dislikes are varied and numerous. Yours and my understanding of the truth is still obtained from other people's opinions of the man, not because you were there side by side in the trenches...

In the same way that a set of statistics can be shown as 2 different forms by whichever group wants to promote a certain way of thinking, so can a driver's stats.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 17:26 (Ref:2962229)   #62
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'd be happy for you to put your house on Alonso.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2962291)   #63
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I really enjoy reading ten-tenths.
I enjoy the inciteful and interesting information imparted by well connected and knowledgeable members.
I enjoy the impassioned and well constructed arguements from empassioned and knowledgeable fans.
Most of all I enjoy the subtle, simple, and non personal humour displayed in the many heated & often aggressive threads.
Thank you to everyone
Old 29 Sep 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2962346)   #64
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I really enjoy reading ten-tenths.
I enjoy the inciteful and interesting information imparted by well connected and knowledgeable members.
I enjoy the impassioned and well constructed arguements from empassioned and knowledgeable fans.
Most of all I enjoy the subtle, simple, and non personal humour displayed in the many heated & often aggressive threads.
Thank you to everyone

Brilliant post, I feel the same way..
Old 29 Sep 2011, 02:21 (Ref:2962367)   #65
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It would slip off Teflonso
Old 29 Sep 2011, 05:15 (Ref:2962392)   #66
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
It would slip off Teflonso
Block of flats?

Sorry for many of you that would probably be an apartment block.

Last edited by fourWheelDrift; 29 Sep 2011 at 05:17. Reason: Correct excessively UK centric language
Old 30 Sep 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2962898)   #67
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Interesting one this. If he does come back, I just hope we get the agressive, focussed Kimi. Seeing a properly motivated, engaged Raikkonen would be a proper treat. But the bored and frustrated Kimi of his last year(s), would just get nailed by the hard chargers like Di Resta and Kobyashi.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2962916)   #68
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
Interesting one this. If he does come back, I just hope we get the agressive, focussed Kimi. Seeing a properly motivated, engaged Raikkonen would be a proper treat. But the bored and frustrated Kimi of his last year(s), would just get nailed by the hard chargers like Di Resta and Kobyashi.
Considereing the frustration expressed by Rubens the last two years and the cars Kimi has previously driven, I can't see how he would NOT become bored and frustrated.

I really like the guy but unless he already has a plan in place to get a top drive in 2013, I hope he doesn't come back. I've had enough of the former WDC Stars in Reasonably Priced Cars experiments.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2962925)   #69
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does everyone think Kimi went to sleep and wasnt motivated in his last year at Ferrari. The car was a POS...you only have to look at how bad Fisi did and you realise he must have been trying his heart out to get the car as far up as he did.

Italian GP, Quali - KR 1:23.426 vs GF 1:23.901
Race KR 3rd vs GF 9th (+56seconds behind)

Singaporean GP, Quali - KR 1:47.293 vs GF 1:48.350
Race KR 10th vs GF 13th (+21 seconds behind)

Japanese GP, Quali - KR 1:31.288 vs GF 1:31.704
Race KR 4th vs GF 12th (+6 seconds behind...Safety Car with only 5 laps to go)

And so on and so on. So if Kimi was off with the fairies lacking motivation then I dont think he would of put Fisi into the shade like he did. The car was crap...he drove the wheels off the thing. Just because he wasnt in the press talking it up like Hamo etc its not to say he isnt driving to all of his ability.

The earlier part of the season his results against Massa were not a concern when you consider the problems he was having on weekends and how good Massa at an all time high after his 2008 campaign
Old 30 Sep 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2962933)   #70
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Why does everyone think Kimi went to sleep and wasnt motivated in his last year at Ferrari. The car was a POS...you only have to look at how bad Fisi did and you realise he must have been trying his heart out to get the car as far up as he did.

Italian GP, Quali - KR 1:23.426 vs GF 1:23.901
Race KR 3rd vs GF 9th (+56seconds behind)

Singaporean GP, Quali - KR 1:47.293 vs GF 1:48.350
Race KR 10th vs GF 13th (+21 seconds behind)

Japanese GP, Quali - KR 1:31.288 vs GF 1:31.704
Race KR 4th vs GF 12th (+6 seconds behind...Safety Car with only 5 laps to go)
Is it really fair to use Giancarlo's first three races behind the wheel of the F60 as verification of Kimi's motivation considering Kimi had 12 prior races to learn how to drive that POS? Fisi was hardly a worthy opponent or metric for motivation.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2962942)   #71
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A new low for Kimi

Autosport news piece here.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 15:01 (Ref:2962988)   #72
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Must have been bored again and dreaming of F1.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2963003)   #73
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Can't have been that bad, it won a race!! Kimi only seemed to come alive after Felipe's accident, Felipe did seem to have the upperhand up until then!
Old 30 Sep 2011, 17:19 (Ref:2963020)   #74
3point0v8
Rookie

3point0v8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
A new low for Kimi

Autosport news piece here.
Wow, accidents as ridiculous as that have to be very rare, especially at WRC level!
Old 30 Sep 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2963024)   #75
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It would seem that F1 drivers and Rally cars just aren't compatible - not even Finnish F1 drivers.
Closed Thread