Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:14 (Ref:915682)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, now we're geting somewhere.......

Whose great idea was it to run it with a rev limiter on by default......?

I've tuned the steering a bit and changed the FF (-95 Ed? I'm running at +25 and thinking of a little more....).

The steering is still a little too sensitive, but I'm gonna work on that.

To be honest (and are you listening Damon?), the mod (and, for me, the game therefore - coz I wouldn't have bought it otherwise) is worth it just for the sound of the pack of 3.5 litre cars. As its a sound very dear to my heart, I have to say they've got it pretty well right - even if the cars sound a tad gutless from inside the cockpit. And that Nissan - luvverly.

One other question - when I play back replays I can only get the cockpit, nose etc views. How do you watch a replay on a TV type cam?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:21 (Ref:915687)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like good info on settinhs here

fromHighGear
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:32 (Ref:915703)   #53
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guess I'll have a look then. And it's playable online you say?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:36 (Ref:915708)   #54
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the reason i run at -95 is cause minus figure are better suited to logi wheels, running a +ve number (for me anyway) seemed to make the wheel pull into the corners, a horrible feeling... the negative bit means that the FFB is working in the other direction.

0 is basically no force feedback, so you could think of it as i'm running 95% strength

and with regard to the limiter, i just have it mappeed to a wheel button.
On my racing force, the stick shift forward is clutch (if im not using clutch assist), back is launch control. the top two buttons on the wheel are look left/right. middle two are pit limiter and neutral, bottom two are pit request and lcd change.
(i use the paddles for gear change)

Last edited by Try Hard; 22 Mar 2004 at 21:42.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:41 (Ref:915718)   #55
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with my logi wheel, postive ff numbers makes the car feel like its steering into the corner.

btw - try hard and i are in f1rst now ...

Last edited by Es Nes; 22 Mar 2004 at 21:42.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:46 (Ref:915725)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think it'll be a while before I run online. I've only done 2 laps of Le Mans and 1 of Brands - that's the only racing I've done other than GPL in about 18 months! (My attempts at F12K2 were wholly abortive). I'll try that -ive FF and see how I get on.

Any thoughts on tha replay question?

BTW, what is "lcd change"?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:47 (Ref:915726)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Looking good though.....
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:49 (Ref:915730)   #58
Es Nes
Veteran

well go easy on you ... you can have your ts010 and well use the gebhardt or p35

lcd is the "window" in the cockpit that displays your current lap time, sector time, best lap of the session, tyre/brake/engine/gearbox temps as well as what you want on your next pit stop
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:55 (Ref:915742)   #59
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can use the insert, home, Page Up keys etc to change the camera about.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:58 (Ref:915746)   #60
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
plus if you use the number pad you can rotate the camera when in the chase view
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:58 (Ref:915747)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks for all the info guys.

I'm sure I tried those replay keys DF, but all I got was nose, cockpit, tv cockpit etc. I couldn't find an overall TV cam type view.....
Old 22 Mar 2004, 22:02 (Ref:915751)   #62
Es Nes
Veteran

page down goes to a tv camera, but, it stay locked on one car instead of a group. page up will bring you to the swing man cam: 7 zooms out, 8 moves the camera up, 9 moves the camer up, 4 to the left, 5 brings the camera back to the orginal postion, 6 to the right, and 2 down. home does various on board and impossible angles, and insert is driving cameras.

[edit: + goes to the next fastest car and - goes to the next slowst]

Last edited by Es Nes; 22 Mar 2004 at 22:03.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 22:04 (Ref:915753)   #63
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for all the info guys.

I'm sure I tried those replay keys DF, but all I got was nose, cockpit, tv cockpit etc. I couldn't find an overall TV cam type view.....
so now you've got the figured out, I think you might be interested in this as well:

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/foru...s=&forumid=261

http://www.rsdg.net

the sportscar challenge mod(not ready yeat, but a BETA version is out with the Corvette CR5, the Porsche 911 and the Bugatti Le Mans circuit as a bonus)

Last edited by steve nielsen; 22 Mar 2004 at 22:05.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 23:34 (Ref:915844)   #64
Es Nes
Veteran

note to self ... always make sure you know your wheel maping unless you want to put it into reverse at 170mph+
Old 23 Mar 2004, 10:56 (Ref:916281)   #65
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
sorry for the delay, finally downloaded, installed & played the mod for a few hours last night. absolutely loved it! going back to your question ayse, the TV Cam style replay is activated by pressing the "Page Down" key on the keyboard when obviously watch the replay itself. "Page Up" offers the swingman view that allows adjustments to camera angle & distance (with numeric keypads), "Insert" triggers the in-car/dash view while "Home" activates "alternate" cams like wheel, tail, side, spoiler cams...etc

as for your original two questions. i have not experienced the odd behaviour of your settings resetting itself. Not sure why it did it on yours though . unfortunately i don't have a FFB wheel but a basic Logitech GP one. I set the wheel up according to the geeky F1 Challenge Driving Guide here. perhaps you FFB guys could help you out here.

F1RST is almost the same as what you GPL guys called VROC? an online gaming client software that searches for races online, combined with very good support with just about all F12002/F1C mods available.

about your restricted top speed question, again i found it a bit strange. if in case your rev limiter is on, it would only restrict you to max pit speed of 49mph regardless of which gear you're in. You only need to bother with deactivating the rev limiter manually with "Auto Pit" to "Off".

I used the Toyota car and had a quick run on my favourite - Mulsanne straight. i was able to hit around 215mph before sharply braking for the first chicanes. Most cars from the mod (provided gear/downforce selected properly) could reach just below 200mph from what I remembered. hope it helps.

i must post some screenies soon. what's your best time @ Le Mans?
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:34 (Ref:916397)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My changing settings was down to me, actually. The game had held on to what I wanted but I misunderstood the menus...... doh!

I just did a 5-lapper at Le Mans. Great fun, even though I was only mixing it with the Brun, Gebhardt BRM and Allard. I'm still struggling on sorting out setups. But, as I said before, Its terrific to hear those wonderful engine sounds - I just wish they sounded better actually in the cockpit itself.

I still can't seem to get the replay views working. When I press page up or page down, all it does is speed up or slow down the replay......
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:35 (Ref:916399)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Are there downloadable setups sets available anywhere yet?
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:41 (Ref:916410)   #68
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
hmmm odd, usually the up and down arrow keys can be used to pause or slow down a replay, try using thoose to see if it works. Might be an odd mapping problem, best bet ot ask over at RSC in the V_LM tech support section.

Not sure about any setups though, although i did try a slight adjustment to my jag at LM last night, dropped the front ride height one click, top speed dropped by 1mph (down to 202), but was much better through the turns, although I still can't seem to keep heat in the tyres whilst driving down the long straights.

Ed

Last edited by Try Hard; 23 Mar 2004 at 12:43.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:49 (Ref:916414)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think I might have cracked it.

I've just downloaded a new set of camera views from RSC (Bruno's or soemthing) and on installing, the redme tells me to rename my default.cfg file. I haven't got a default.cfg file..... Which presumably results from having no desire to run the sim in its original F1 mode. I've now installed and renamed the new cam file so I'll now see if it works.... Fingers crossed.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:55 (Ref:916427)   #70
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Are there downloadable setups sets available anywhere yet?
not that i know of cos the mod is still too new. i'd suggest try using the default settings for now (those included in the mod from advanced setup - they have most cars/tracks). do a few laps and dial in gradually according to your taste/style. for le mans, try using the simplified settings (the one with four sliders adjusting gear ratio, downforce, steerability & suspension firmness respectively) and then see what estimated top speed/acceleration you get and adjust accordingly - guess it's similar in GPL. i found most cars are a bit tail-happy so i use quite a high downforce setting for the rear - typically at least 12 with the front a tad lower.

from what you described, you seemed to have a strange mapping problem with the keyboard (could be a dodgy config file somewhere). perhaps try reinstalling everything from F1C then PTC again. because arrows during replays "normally" control speed of replays and not angles & views as described.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 13:06 (Ref:916445)   #71
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
I take you have a day off today then ayse...
Old 23 Mar 2004, 13:11 (Ref:916453)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeh, but not hols - spent most of the night in the smallest room after a good hot chilli last night..... serves me right

I'm now getting seriously hacked off with this replay business. It still doesn't work. I've even gone to the extreme lengths of taking a spin in Barrichell's Ferrari to see if it then created a default file, but no, still no camera views.

Can someone have a look in their folder and tell me if the default.cfg file just sits in the main game directory, or if it should be somewhere else? I don't want to have to reinstall this whole thing if I can avoid it. But I've clearly got something amiss.

I get the replay screen. I maximise that. I press play and it does just that. Using the insert key, I can view from in cockpit, what they call tv cockpit and nose. Using the arrow keys does nothing except speed up and slow down the replay. None, I repeat, none of the numeric keys or the home key do anything at all, except that the + and - keys scroll through my opponents cars.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 13:31 (Ref:916476)   #73
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
So not an "intentional" day off then...

You need to be in the swing cam to move the camera, try randomly hitting the Insert/home/pageup/page down keys to see what happens (well it's what i usually do, can never remember which is which ). When you get to a chase veiw, looking at the whole car from the behind, your in swing cam, then you can use the camera controls on the numberpad (using 2,4,6,8. 5 resets to default chase, although doesn't affect zoom which are on 7 and 9)
Try doing it in game if it helps, hit P to pause and then R to bring up an instant replay, and try adjusting the cameras then. (make sure these are correct in the controler options). To stop/slow down the replay to give more time, hold either the up or down arrow key.
In game the replay usually defaults to trackside camera, I expect the file you've downloaded only affects these.

Last edited by Try Hard; 23 Mar 2004 at 13:34.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 13:44 (Ref:916487)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, I've set it to swingman. Yes, the numeric keypad now lets me look all round the car - very nice, so far as it goes. But I want a TV style camera - where is it? And, if I'm in swingman watching the replay, if I press insert, I lose swingman completely and can't get it back......

Besides, I never race in swingman. Always cockpit. It seems daft to me that I have to race, then go away from the circuit, reset to swingman just to watch a replay. That can't be right - and I suspect it isn't. And I can't find all the supposedly wonderful cam views that this BrunoB file is supposed to give me.

Frustrated of Lymington.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 13:45 (Ref:916488)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
IBTW, I don't seem able to get a swingman/cam view by pressing any butons - only by setting it in one of the early visual options screens.