Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Jul 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3106427)   #51
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
After much deliberation I have opted to join the Classic Touring Car Club at Mallory on this occassion as I fell they need some support for their efforts putting on their own meeting in this current economic climate oh and plus its being televised and I am a bit of a Narcissist lol! Also as the V8's are on again at Donington for two consecutive rounds so I won't miss a visit to my favourite track. I should be out for all the rest of the seasons races after that though in either car and am particularly looking forward to the Castle Combe Historic round.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3106434)   #52
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointed to hear this, Al.

I'd thought you'd send a car to each meeting, and commute between these two Leicestershire venues in your helicopter.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3106448)   #53
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post

I see above that Modes is in - anyone else on here entered? Be good to put some faces to names!
Yep, I'm in

So unfortunate with the date clash with the CTCRC, if only they had kept to the two day format as I was originally going to do the Saturday with them. Having said that my car may now not be acceptable with their updated 'invitation' rules.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 14 Jul 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3106452)   #54
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
It would have been OK I am sure Wayne you just have to state whats on the car and let them decide and in your case I am sure that wouldnt have been a problem I am sure as your car is no way OTT. Yes that was my original plan to do both, big shame but there you go. The copter is in for service that week Clive.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 12:13 (Ref:3107960)   #55
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
modes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just been talking to Bernie, sounds like a good Grid for Donington on the 29th July 2012. Quite a few new faces and cars. Looking forward to it. Event timetable information is on the AMOC website now.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3110338)   #56
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all - received my tickets now, but nothing else! Do we get final instructions sent under separate cover, or is that it?

I'm hoping we get some sort of final instructions, because, at this moment, I have no idea of the times, paddock allocation, relevant procedures, etc. I've tried looking at the info on the AMOC site, but I can't even see that - when I try to load it on my computer, I'm just getting a blank screen.

Anyone else know more than I do? Yeah, yeah, OK... I realise I've left the door open there for the old "Everyone knows more than you do!" line!

I'm just hoping someone's going to come on and say final instructions are on their way!
Old 23 Jul 2012, 14:58 (Ref:3110348)   #57
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
Quote:
Hi all - received my tickets now, but nothing else! Do we get final instructions sent under separate cover, or is that it?

I'm hoping we get some sort of final instructions, because, at this moment, I have no idea of the times, paddock allocation, relevant procedures, etc. I've tried looking at the info on the AMOC site, but I can't even see that - when I try to load it on my computer, I'm just getting a blank screen.

Anyone else know more than I do? Yeah, yeah, OK... I realise I've left the door open there for the old "Everyone knows more than you do!" line!

I'm just hoping someone's going to come on and say final instructions are on their way!
Hi Paul
The information you are looking for is on the Aston Martin Owners Club website. Under "Racing" then "Event Information", Next Meeting; you can access Final Instructions and Paddock Lyout there. Just looked.

Look forward to seeing you and the car.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3110357)   #58
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hrm... the AMOC website appears to be a Flash object, which won't display on Apple devices like iPads or iPhones properly.

And they've embedded the download links in that object, so it's difficult to get to them directly. I would suggest emailing AMOC and asking them to send them to you!
Old 23 Jul 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3110360)   #59
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
Fantastic 32 car Grid for Sunday; 6 Camaros, good to see Tom's back together after Spa incident. 2 TR8s, 2 TVR Griffiths, three Italian exotica, Tim's Ferrari 355, a Detomaso and an Iso Rivolta. Julian's Falcon, a Capri Perana, 5 Tigers, a Morgan, James & Mike's Marcos, Jay's Rover SD1, 2 Mustangs, 2 MGB V8s, 2 Astons, 2 Corvettes. Excellent stuff!

Excellent stuff! What a great mix of cars!
Old 23 Jul 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3110412)   #60
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a really rubbish piece of coding on their site.

Finals and plan attached.

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Final Instructions Donington Issue TWO.pdf (191.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: pdf AMOC Donington Paddock Plan ISSUE ONE.pdf (503.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 23 Jul 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3110470)   #61
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Its something I'm hoping to look into next weekend. With luck I'll get the chance to pull my systems and test with a half decent meter. My gut feeling is that completely open pipes will be over 118.
Wayne
Did you manage to check different exhaust designs on the Mustang? Or are you going with the tried and tested set you ran at Snetterton and Brands? Just refitted mine to stop it banging on the MG floor!
Old 23 Jul 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3110502)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well done guys excellent entry and sorry I couldnt be at this one but I have my reasons and will be at the next rounds hopefully.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3110511)   #63
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by modes View Post
Wayne
Did you manage to check different exhaust designs on the Mustang? Or are you going with the tried and tested set you ran at Snetterton and Brands? Just refitted mine to stop it banging on the MG floor!
Err no, for various reasons. But I do plan to sometime this week. Midnight oil will be burnt.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 23 Jul 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3110565)   #64
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Modes - thanks for the info re the AMOC site. Unfortunately, I can't view this on my computer!

Greem & JimW seem to have found some problem with the AMOC site - a problem I don't understand, I hasten to add! Not that well up on these computer thingies - give me an engine any day!

JimW - was there anything else available other than those links you've put up? The links worked fine by the way, so thanks for that, but I still seem to be short of the timetable of events and entry lists so that I can check things like signing on times, scrutineering, etc. If there is something along those lines on there, I'd really appreciate it if you could put up another link like the first two you did - so that I can view it!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Paul D; 23 Jul 2012 at 23:10.
Old 24 Jul 2012, 05:48 (Ref:3110624)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paul,

You will need adobe acrobat reader which you can download for free from http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
Old 24 Jul 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3110657)   #66
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
Quote:
Modes - thanks for the info re the AMOC site. Unfortunately, I can't view this on my computer!

JimW - was there anything else available other than those links you've put up? The links worked fine by the way, so thanks for that, but I still seem to be short of the timetable of events and entry lists so that I can check things like signing on times, scrutineering, etc. If there is something along those lines on there, I'd really appreciate it if you could put up another link like the first two you did - so that I can view it!

Thanks in advance.
Paul,
I'd get there early to set up, as always. Bernie will be walking around so you can ask him about any queries. Signing on is at 10am, Scrutineering at 10.30am. 20 minute practice starts at 11.35. 40 minute Race at 15.45. I'll print off a spare timetable for you if you need it on the day. No drivers briefing mentioned on the AMOC timetable but I would expect one probably after practice. As always times can change on the day!

I hope to be there from 8am.
Old 24 Jul 2012, 07:32 (Ref:3110658)   #67
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Greem & JimW seem to have found some problem with the AMOC site - a problem I don't understand, I hasten to add! Not that well up on these computer thingies - give me an engine any day!

Thanks in advance.
My objection to the site is that links to the entry list etc. have been provided as embedded code, not the usual URL (which is the key to making the World Wide Web work in the way it does). As several of the posts above demonstrate, this has limited availability. (Not that I support the selfish and typical Apple decision not to support Flash.)

Moving on! - here are the Timetable and entry list.

(As Peter says above, you will need a pdf reader, of which Acrobat is the most widely available. Your computer almost certainly already has it installed. Just click on the files in the usual way and see if they open.)

Regards

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AMOC Donington Timetable Issue ONE.pdf (187.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: pdf AMOC Racing Donington Entry Lists @ 23.7.12.pdf (101.9 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by JimW; 24 Jul 2012 at 07:36. Reason: Reading pdf files.
Old 24 Jul 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3110748)   #68
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Thanks again to all for the useful info. Special thanks to JimW for posting up the links. I do have Acrobat and am familiar with it - I'm not a whizz with computers, but I know the basics! The links worked once again, so I have the info I need now.

Modes - thanks for the info too. We're aiming to get there before 9 a.m. - I'm sure we'll catch up at some point during the day.

Looking forward to it now - better get my finger out and prep the car, hadn't I?

Just looked through the entry list: wow! That's an impressive list of cars isn't it? In my regular series, I'm used to being one of the guys with a 'big' engine - this time, there's only one guy with a smaller engine, and that's a Ferrari F355! Better make sure my mirrors are well adjusted...

I see there's an Iso 'Revolter' entered - interesting name for a model, that! I wonder if it's anything like a 'Rivolta'?
Old 24 Jul 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3110796)   #69
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
I've just done a quick tot-up of the entry: 165 litres of V8 power will be unleashed on Sunday - all at once!

I do hope the direction of travel along Donington's start straight doesn't just happen to be in the exact same direction to that of the Earth's rotation - all that torque being unleashed instantaneously might just be enough to stall the planet's rotation!

And Bruce Willis is getting a bit old now to be going into space with some sort of giant starting handle...
Old 24 Jul 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3110941)   #70
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
Quote:
I've just done a quick tot-up of the entry: 165 litres of V8 power will be unleashed on Sunday - all at once!

I do hope the direction of travel along Donington's start straight doesn't just happen to be in the exact same direction to that of the Earth's rotation - all that torque being unleashed instantaneously might just be enough to stall the planet's rotation!

And Bruce Willis is getting a bit old now to be going into space with some sort of giant starting handle...
Paul
I have to admit, the start of the HVRA race is an unbelievable experience. Most of that V8 noise comes backwards to where I am. Incredible fun!
Old 25 Jul 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3111198)   #71
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Our first Bernie race although we have "previous" going to Daytona with Bernie and CSCC team. First time out in our Griff in 3 years after lengthy engine rebuild and other priorities/cars. Looking forward to it and Jason and I will wave you all as you fly past (our's is definitely not a modded Griff!) - we'll have the best seat in the house! See you on Sunday!
Old 25 Jul 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3111252)   #72
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I hope some of you guys are at the next one so I can catch up with you all as i feel I am definitely missing out! Such a shame these clashed as originally ithe CTCRC I am doing was a two dayer and the plan was to do both, best made plans and all that!
Old 25 Jul 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3111255)   #73
AnneReed
Rookie

AnneReed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hrm... the AMOC website appears to be a Flash object, which won't display on Apple devices like iPads or iPhones properly.
Just seen this - will mention it and find a better way of showing it.

Hoping to get around and say hello to you on Sunday.

Anne Reed
AMOC
Old 25 Jul 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3111257)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anne,

They shouldn't have bought crap devices.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3111285)   #75
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Not at all, a good site should be able to handle all devices