Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 May 2004, 11:28 (Ref:977572)   #51
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble
hi Yimkin
I do know what you mean and its not a snobbery comment - I think that the difference is that in modern club events the primary issue is to have as competitive a car as budgets allow, however in historics its a more emotive thing and peoples choice of car are dictated by other issues (this is why historics keep their cars for much longer) I did not mean all I did mean some and if its right to generalize I would say that the more modern club series are perhaps more likely than historics to have poor self preparation (they have to keep their budget free for panel beating!!)
Its wrong to generalize but there you go!
Re Silverstone I am looking fwd to that but got Pau beforehand and am leaving for the airport in a minute - lets hope I bring it back in one piece!!
Sorry I should have emphasised that when I said snobbery I meant *I* was being snobbish, not anyone else

Good luck at Pau - very jealous!
Old 24 May 2004, 08:34 (Ref:980901)   #52
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I have to say the 50's and 60's cars tend to appear better presented than the 70's and 80's cars, there seems to be one big reason for this . . .restoration, nearly all oldies have been totally restored whereas most newer cars are modified original, of course there are always exceptions to the rule . . .my car is clean anad shiny . . .because it has fresh paint . . .maybe in three years or so it'll look a little tired, but for naow at least its clean and easy to see how well or badly things are prepared !