Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Feb 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2630028)   #51
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
Anybody any ideas how I can get rid of the image of Woolley in tights?
Nothing wrong with Woolley tights, very fashionable at the moment.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2630817)   #52
PapaJuliet
Racer

England
Midlands
PapaJuliet has been held in scrutiny for further testing
There's a flock of pigeons over there. No where did I put that cat?

I personally think that it is unacceptable for there to be inadequate toilet facilities for marshals of both sexes.

Everybody seems to be saying well it's OK for the blokes, they can go behind a bush. But is that really acceptable in a civilised society? Apart from anything else, it's not very hygienic for anybody else who may happen along who is not aware of the use of that particular bush, for example, errant racing drivers, as happened at Thruxton on one occasion when we were there.

I think every other country I have marshalled is has had a Porta Potti on or next to the post if there are no permanent loos. So if they can do it, why can't we?

Pigeons scattered and cat put away.

PJ
Old 11 Feb 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2631363)   #53
Foxy_Marshal
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Foxy_Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Sticker Rub;2628456]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy_Marshal View Post
8th October 1978, the first GP to be held on the Île Notre-Dame circuit (later of course to be named the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve following his tragic death in 1982), won by Gilles Villeneuve, followed by Jody Schekter & Carlos Reutemann. Alan Jones lost the lead with a slow puncture after 18 laps. It was also the first GP televised by the BBC. Now, where did I leave my moisturiser? (and before anyone else says it, yes it's probably in the pocket of my anorak)

he he he, only reason i chose 1978 is cos that was the year i was born
Old 11 Feb 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2631482)   #54
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shjo558 View Post
We should use this for marshal recruitment.

Can you swear, drink and graft...........
Gill, most of the girls I have worked with are very good at all 3, think at BTCC only me and Dunc were remotely sober on the saturday night

as for porta pottis, they are about £50 a time plus you would need a curtain of some sort in the hut plus some dry handwash gel. I think the circuits should invest some of their ££££ they charge the clubs enough to hire the tracks. we are okay at knockhill as posts 1,3,6,8,9 &10 are close to loo blocks but the boss could invest in a porta loo for duffus, chicane and railway
Old 11 Feb 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2631531)   #55
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I carry my own hand gel and am willing to tote a loo roll if the track will please provide a porta potty.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2632588)   #56
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJuliet View Post
I think every other country I have marshalled is has had a Porta Potti on or next to the post if there are no permanent loos. So if they can do it, why can't we?
Not down here, you might be lucky at a larger event that porta loos are deployed but the smaller events cant afford them.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 23:13 (Ref:2633503)   #57
PapaJuliet
Racer

England
Midlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Not down here, you might be lucky at a larger event that porta loos are deployed but the smaller events cant afford them.
Point taken.

It was Bathurst I did down there...

PJ
Old 14 Feb 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2633526)   #58
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Going on from what Foxy said, witch hazel pads do a lovely job taking caked-on tire schmoo, brake dust and just plain dirt off face, hands, etc. Don't forget your neck and decolletage if necessary! Some brands come in a nice plastic jar with a screw-on lid.

Back when I had fingernails, I used to get a full manicure just before I went to the track. Then nobody could comment on the black that always seems to accumulate under the nails no matter how clean you try to be!

keke
Old 15 Feb 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2633764)   #59
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
Going on from what Foxy said, witch hazel pads do a lovely job taking caked-on tire schmoo, brake dust and just plain dirt off face, hands, etc.
But when you've spent a fortune to get said stuff all over you, WHY take it off! :-)
Old 15 Feb 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2633984)   #60
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Back when I had fingernails, I used to get a full manicure just before I went to the track. Then nobody could comment on the black that always seems to accumulate under the nails no matter how clean you try to be!

keke
I'm glad somebody else has the "no fingernail" problem. I don't go for manicures simply because I never seem to get my nails long enough to bother! A long time ago I had a very sweet little nailbrush that was shaped like a car on the top - but even so, once that dirt is under the nails....
Old 15 Feb 2010, 23:19 (Ref:2634070)   #61
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel View Post
But when you've spent a fortune to get said stuff all over you, WHY take it off! :-)
That's a good point.

At street races, I wear a bandana over my mouth and nose so I breathe less of that stuff in. The bonus is that there is also less face space that needs cleaning. (And the drivers don't know who is flagging them. )
Old 16 Feb 2010, 04:14 (Ref:2634165)   #62
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, but it's hard to talk to Race Control with a bandanna over your face! (I can hear it now: "Stop mumbling, turn 1. You have what?")

keke
Old 16 Feb 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2634623)   #63
PapaJuliet
Racer

England
Midlands
Quote:
Yeah, but it's hard to talk to Race Control with a bandanna over your face! (I can hear it now: "Stop mumbling, turn 1. You have what?")

keke
"I said we have a palm frog on the circuit"

PJ
Old 16 Feb 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2634696)   #64
blueflagger
Veteran

Begins to plot ways to get even with both PJ and Keke.

I really do only use the bandana when flagging, not communicating, and only on courses where I am really close to the cars. It's for a case of 'pink lung' - I want my lungs to stay pink on the insides.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2635107)   #65
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJuliet View Post
"I said we have a palm frog on the circuit"

PJ
No, she's got them in her ears.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2635215)   #66
blueflagger
Veteran

Quit picking on those tiny palm frogs. They're an endangered species you know.

And, they can be quite slippery when hit by a race car at speed.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2655572)   #67
welshgal_2006
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
welshgal_2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen this one... and I am sure woolley in tights wouldn't be too bad? Would it? (NO You CANNOT wear tights to the wedding).
As for toilet issues, I have only once had a problem with that and after that, I have never been put on that post. I always drink lots and lots but am very lucky to have very considerate chief marshals at hill climbs who when I ask will make sure I am near a toilet.
As for the two piece, that is all I have ever had and it is so much more practical than a one piece as a female. That reminds me I need a new ones, mine are far too big for me now.
As for the male/female divide. I have encountered it but it is very rare and I don't think there are many people who would question my abilities against a males now.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 00:30 (Ref:2656172)   #68
Darren-W
Rookie

Scotland
Coatbridge
Darren-W should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the thing i worry about, i have IBS and i need to be near a toilet