Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 25 Feb 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2137918)   #51
mrcowpoke
Rookie

mrcowpoke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tributes page on www.ashleycooper.com.au

Hello,

There is now a tributes page on Ashley Cooper's website, www.ashleycooper.com.au.

Alan Cooper (Ashley's dad) told me yesterday that the whole family has been touched by the number of people who have contacted them to pass on their sympathies and thoughts after Ashley's accident.

Whilst nothing will ease their pain, they have genuinely appreciated the support they have received from both the motorsport community, and the wider population.

Please feel free to pass your comments onto Ashley's family via his website. I can assure you they will be reading your messages over the coming weeks.

Michael Carscadden
Ashley Cooper Motorsport
m: 0401 888 719
e: news@capitalmotorsportnews.com.au
Old 26 Feb 2008, 00:23 (Ref:2138018)   #52
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This was the tragic news we had all feared may come since Saturday morning.

Just the most horrible, horrible news... no words can adequately express...

Sincerest condolences to all of those who knew him and loved him, and to all of those at the scene.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 05:44 (Ref:2138124)   #53
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My condolences to his wife, to his children and his family.

A very sad and tragic day for our sport.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 26 Feb 2008, 11:15 (Ref:2138297)   #54
The General
Rookie

The General should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the Adelaide Now website today:

THE family of the late V8 driver Ashley Cooper has saved the lives of seven seriously ill people by donating his organs.

The 27-year-old, who died on Monday afternoon after a weekend crash at the Clipsal 500, was a registered organ donor. A six-year-old received part of his liver. Others received his heart, lungs, kidneys and pancreas.
Part of Cooper's liver was sent interstate.

It is understood one operation was conducted yesterday at the Flinders Medical Centre, although hospitals do not confirm details for privacy reasons.

The lifesaving decision has been applauded by the David Hookes Foundation, race organisers and Health Minister John Hill.

Cooper's father, Alan, yesterday said his family had all supported the organ donation.

"We all believed that it would have been Ashley's wish for his organs to be donated," he said, " . . . so there was no decision to be made.

"We are going to miss one heck of a guy, one thorough gentleman, one man of the highest morals I'll ever know and it's just shattering for us all."

It is not known where the recipients of Cooper's organs live.

In Adelaide, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital performs kidney transplants while Flinders Medical Centre performs liver transplants.

Heart and lung transplant operations are not conducted in South Australia.

SA Motor Sport Board chief executive Andrew Daniels said the decision to donate Cooper's organs would have been an "incredibly personal" one for his family. "I think they hope that good will come out of it," he said.

"I think it is a wonderful, compassionate, loving thing for them to agree that Ashley's organs can be then used to save others.

"I am a registered organ donor and I would certainly encourage, urge others to do the same."

Cooper, who sustained extensive internal injuries and severe brain swelling, never regained consciousness after his Holden Commodore VZ smashed into a concrete barrier at the Clipsal 500 on Saturday morning.

At Cooper's bedside when he died were his father, mother Maree, partner Casey, brother Aaron and two sisters, Rebecca and Rachel.

An emotional Mr Cooper last night told Channel 10 he could not be more proud of his son.

He said the family cried when they learnt Ashley's organs would save others.

"I found out Ashley was in peak physical condition, the only injuries that he sustained were head injuries in the accident, that was to his brain, the rest of his body, because he was a sportsman and looked after himself, he was in peak condition and he was able to donate to seven people," he said.

"Finding out that one of those was a young child with only days to live (who) received part of his liver, saving that young child's life and allowing that young child to live a normal life for whatever time was just something very, very special to us."

Health Minister John Hill thanked the Cooper family for deciding to donate. "His decision to become an organ donor and his family's support for his wishes is just inspirational," he said.

Last year 27 South Australians donated organs to 75 people
Old 26 Feb 2008, 11:52 (Ref:2138322)   #55
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations to Ashley and the family. There are too few people donating their organs to people who need them in Australia. To the Cooper family if they read this, thank you for giving the gift of life to others in need.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 26 Feb 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2138660)   #56
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seven people... Ashley's family are right to be proud that he was an organ donor. I guess it must add a little bit of comfort for their loss.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2138725)   #57
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a sad, sad thing to happen, another talented young driver gone.

RIP Ashley
Old 26 Feb 2008, 23:34 (Ref:2138802)   #58
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Out of such sadness, that's a very inspiring report.

Condolences to all of Ashley's friends and family.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 05:42 (Ref:2138951)   #59
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
pascofi m-sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Condolences to the Cooper family, Ashley was a talented driver who could have made it to the main game, now he will never get that chance. He had the speed, the talent, the potential, but now he may be gone, but his soul will forever shine.

Well done also, for choosing to be an organ donor. He did a very generous deed before his passing, many other drivers and fans should follow his lead.

RIP: Ashley Cooper
Old 27 Feb 2008, 08:56 (Ref:2139019)   #60
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's great news that happiness and life for 7 other people and their families could come out of the saddnes and trajic death of Ashley.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2139022)   #61
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a little bit of a silver lining over such a dark cloud that some good came out of this tragic incident.

RIP Ashley, taken way too soon. Condolences to his family & friends.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2139226)   #62
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P Ashley Cooper. Too Soon. Condolences to the Cooper family.
Old 7 Mar 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2146573)   #63
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ashley

My condolences to the Cooper family, Ashley's friends and team members....

coincidently, I was reading about another Ashley Cooper this morning, who worked for Dunlop racing tyres about 30-40 years ago...I wonder if there is any family connection?